Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 09:38:39 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Huizenga: Economy affecting ticket sales..................
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Huizenga: Economy affecting ticket sales..................  (Read 13059 times)
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2008, 01:22:23 pm »

There was a study recently completed on all New England based teams.  The study covered a ton: how much the person spent at games on things like hats / shirts, beer consumption, average time spent getting to the game, etc.

The results are a little surprising.

The average fan going to a New England Patriots game traveled 97 miles one way.  That is 194 round trip miles that a sold out Gillette Stadium crowd drives, per average, every Sunday.

My point is that people will drive if the product is worth spending the time, money and effort to make that drive.

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
gocowboys31
Uber Member

F$U sucks!!!!!!!

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2008, 01:58:18 pm »

I'm dropping between $1,600- 1,700 between me and my wife later this year when we go to dallas. I'm wacthing my money like everyone else, but football is 8 weeks a year. Defense is right, people find away to afford luxuries. 6 years of futility have the fans skeptical. The fans right know are in "show me" mode. The economy has very little to do with the dip in ticket sales.

Typical Huizenga, when does Steven Ross take over?

Some teams play for the BCS title, some teams play in the Emerald bowl.  Urban Meyer
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2008, 05:04:10 pm »

I let go of my lower bowl home side tickets this week even after posting a $500 deposit earlier this year. I had to decide to lose $500 or add another $1600 to my debt that I couldn't afford.  I couldn't even sell them at a loss.  Cry

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Defense54
Uber Member

« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2008, 05:16:21 pm »

I let go of my lower bowl home side tickets this week even after posting a $500 deposit earlier this year. I had to decide to lose $500 or add another $1600 to my debt that I couldn't afford.  I couldn't even sell them at a loss.  Cry

I'm very sorry to hear that Bro.  Undecided

Answer Honestly...........if the Dolphins were contending , and had someone exciting behind center........would you have thought differently about letting the $500 go? In other words, would you have added the debt if it was worth it?

StL FinFan
Uber Member

Weaseldoc_13
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2008, 05:25:19 pm »

For some people "finding a way" to afford luxuries is going in hock up to your neck.  I'm not saying everyone goes into debt for them, but it seems to me like a lot of people live beyond their means.  Just look at the foreclosures going on.  It's crazy.

Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in his error.
Marcus Tullius Cicero
Defense54
Uber Member

« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2008, 10:36:25 am »

For some people "finding a way" to afford luxuries is going in hock up to your neck.  I'm not saying everyone goes into debt for them, but it seems to me like a lot of people live beyond their means.  Just look at the foreclosures going on.  It's crazy.

No doubt..........but to some its worth it . I'm pretty sure alot less people are taking the plunge becuase the Team sucks right now.

YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2008, 10:44:39 am »

But who would risk losing their house so they could see the 2007 Dolphins play half-assed?  It's gonna be this way until this team proves otherwise.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2008, 12:58:57 pm »

its not losing your house.  Its let's put that $1600 on the credit card cause I really wanna go to games.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2008, 01:06:51 pm »

I'm very sorry to hear that Bro.  Undecided

Answer Honestly...........if the Dolphins were contending , and had someone exciting behind center........would you have thought differently about letting the $500 go? In other words, would you have added the debt if it was worth it?

I did everything I could. I really had problems justifying last year so I couldn't do it again.  I can't take on any more debt and no one was or is buying.  Had I could have sold them at a loss I would just to keep my seat allocation.  Do you realize how hard it is to get home side lower bowl?  Well ... I guess easier than it used to be.  Undecided

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2008, 01:11:51 pm »

its not losing your house.  Its let's put that $1600 on the credit card cause I really wanna go to games.

No thanks.  I'll spend the $250 for the NFL Direct ticket and enjoy the NFL at home on my 42' HD orgasmic screen.

Maine's plan this season is that he is not accepting one NFL assignment this year.  Once the Sox season is over, Maine's season is over until spring training.  I'll be firing up the BBQ and popping some Sam Adams while watching Miami go 12-4 this year from the comfort of my own home.
Smiley

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2008, 01:29:28 pm »

I'll be firing up the BBQ and popping some Sam Adams while watching Miami go 12-4 this year from the comfort of my own home.  Smiley 

12-4 sounds more like you're sipping shroom tea than Sam Adams, but I like where your head's at...  Wink

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2008, 02:12:11 pm »

No thanks.  I'll spend the $250 for the NFL Direct ticket and enjoy the NFL at home on my 42' HD orgasmic screen.

Maine's plan this season is that he is not accepting one NFL assignment this year.  Once the Sox season is over, Maine's season is over until spring training.  I'll be firing up the BBQ and popping some Sam Adams while watching Miami go 12-4 this year from the comfort of my own home.
Smiley

Let me know and I'll join ya.  I can arrange for some fresh sirloin steaks or swordfish. 
Philly Fin Fan
Uber Member

philly_fin_fan PhillyDolFan
Email
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2008, 04:20:10 pm »

Just as an FYI for the South Florida folks- Direct TV Sunday tocket is still subject to loacl blackouts.

(Maine and anyone else outside of South Florida are covered though)

"Lo and behold, the National League East belongs to one team and one city, and that's the City of Brotherly Love, baby," Jimmy Rollins
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray