Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:34:53 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Patriots DB Andrews arrested for assault with gun
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Patriots DB Andrews arrested for assault with gun  (Read 2140 times)
simeon
Uber Member

« on: June 30, 2008, 08:24:55 pm »

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Ak_4e_gDJNWFusjpMKlPzQZDubYF?slug=ap-patriots-andrewsarrested&prov=ap&type=lgns

Since I don't like the Patriots I firgured I throw this out there. Speaking of Patriots, where is Hoodie, we miss you buddy.

MANSFIELD, Mass. (AP)—New England Patriots defensive back Willie Andrews was held without bail Monday after allegedly pointing a handgun at his girlfriend’s head.

Andrews was arrested Monday after the alleged incident that occurred at about 1 a.m. after he returned home and an argument began between him and his girlfriend, according to Gregg Miliote, director of communications for the Bristol County district attorney’s office.

Andrews, a backup since being drafted by the Patriots in the last round in 2006, was charged with illegal possession of a large capacity firearm and assault with a dangerous weapon, Miliote said. He said Andrews was held without bail pending the results of a dangerousness hearing Thursday.

“The New England Patriots take the conduct of our players very seriously,” the team said in a statement. “We are aware of the very disturbing and alarming reports regarding Willie Andrews. We will not offer any additional comment, as is our policy regarding pending legal matters.”

In February, Andrews was arrested on charges of possession of marijuana with intent to distribute and driving an unregistered motor vehicle. In May, he admitted in court that there was enough evidence to convict him at trial but did not plead guilty.

In the latest incident, Andrews’ girlfriend told police he waved his arm and the gun he was holding touched her temple, Miliote said. Police were called at 1:39 a.m. and Andrews was arrested about three hours later. About five hours after his arrest, at 9:45 a.m., the gun was found next to a trash receptacle by workers near the complex in which Andrews lived, Miliote said.

Andrews, 24, was drafted by the Patriots in the seventh round out of Baylor. He played in 12 regular season games and three postseason games in 2007, almost exclusively on special teams, and scored his first NFL touchdown on a 77-yard kickoff return on Oct. 21 in a 49-28 win over Miami.

John 3:16  For God so loved the world that he sent his only begotten son, and whom ever shall believe in Him shall not die but have everlasting life.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2008, 11:01:38 pm »

scored his first NFL touchdown on a 77-yard kickoff return on Oct. 21 in a 49-28 win over Miami.

I was pretty sure he was packing during that kickoff return as well...

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2008, 09:30:48 am »

Last Boy Scout:

Running back breaks into the backfield.  Safety gets a good lane on him.  Running back and safety about to collide.

Running back draws a pistol from his pants and shots the safety in the head.

Who needs a great offensive line when you have an RB packing heat?

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
SportsChick
YJFF Member
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2008, 05:00:02 pm »

And he has been cut:

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2008/07/patriots_releas_1.html

I'm the girl that makes men jealous of my husband

I hate Red Sox and Patriots bandwagon fans. They give the rest of us a bad name
simeon
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2008, 12:31:25 am »

As he should be fired, for being so stupid. Good move New England.

John 3:16  For God so loved the world that he sent his only begotten son, and whom ever shall believe in Him shall not die but have everlasting life.
SportsChick
YJFF Member
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2008, 09:52:28 am »

It was his second arrest since the SB - first time was for weed with intent to sell

I'm the girl that makes men jealous of my husband

I hate Red Sox and Patriots bandwagon fans. They give the rest of us a bad name
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2008, 06:34:35 pm »

As he should be fired, for being so stupid. Good move New England.

Maybe the Cincinatti Bengals will pick him up.   Grin Grin
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray