Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 11:47:38 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Countdown to Miami Dolphins Training Camp 2008: 25 Topics, 25 Days
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16 Print
Author Topic: Countdown to Miami Dolphins Training Camp 2008: 25 Topics, 25 Days  (Read 72215 times)
DolFan619
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2008, 12:12:09 am »

Welcome to Day 3 of "25 Topics, 25 Days."  Today, we're talking comebacks.  Every year since 1972, the NFL has given out the "Comeback Player of the Year Award."  An award that is presented to the player that shows perseverance in overcoming adversity, in the form of not being in the NFL the previous year, a severe injury, or simply poor performance.  Now, on a team that was 1-15.  There were several severe injuries and a lot of poor performances.  Despite all that, if you had predict who will be the "Comeback Player of the Year" for the Miami Dolphins in 2008, who would it be, and why?

Just to make things a little more interesting, I'll throw in some trivia.  Only three Miami Dolphins have won the "NFL Comeback Player of the Year Award."  Name those Miami Dolphins, and the year they won it.
TonyB0D
Uber Member

Crank it up!!

Email
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2008, 12:25:51 am »

this trivia stuff is kidna impossible to do on the internet...
DolFan619
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2008, 12:58:12 am »

this trivia stuff is kidna impossible to do on the internet...

Before the crash, there was a whole thread dedicated to Dolphins trivia.  Sure, things like Google and Wikipedia take a little bit of the fun out of this stuff, but it's still fun nonetheless.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2008, 01:52:46 am »

I'd have to vote for Ricky as comeback player for Miami this year...

Zero idea on the former phins CPoY's.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2008, 06:33:03 am »

Joey Porter, if the comeback doesn't have to be from injury. I really think he'll have a great season.
doctord56
Uber Member

first dolphin game attended 11/6/66 bills29 fins 0

« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2008, 06:43:13 am »

Just to make things a little more interesting, I'll throw in some trivia.  Only three Miami Dolphins have won the "NFL Comeback Player of the Year Award."  Name those Miami Dolphins, and the year they won it.

Earl Morrall 1972
Larry Csonka 1979
Dan Marino 1994

Sports illustrated also named Robert Edwards its comeback player of the year in 2002.

My pick for this year is none other than the ganja king, Ricky Williams.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 06:45:21 am by doctord56 » Logged

A loyal fan of the 'fins since the time of Joe Auer, Dick Wood, and Wahoo McDaniel.
Philly Fin Fan
Uber Member

philly_fin_fan PhillyDolFan
Email
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2008, 08:54:17 am »

Good topic Dolfan!

I'd think most people will go with Pothead.

"Lo and behold, the National League East belongs to one team and one city, and that's the City of Brotherly Love, baby," Jimmy Rollins
TonyB0D
Uber Member

Crank it up!!

Email
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2008, 09:01:07 am »

probably porter....parcells knows he has a playmaker and will cater his scheme to joey. 

fuckwad is a viable option too, but he'll be sharing time with ronnie (if ronnie's back to form), so unless ronnie doesn't play that much i really don't see enough from ricky to warrant CPOTY
Doc-phin
Uber Member

« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2008, 11:22:17 am »

The top three that come to mind are Y-Bell, Porter and Williams. 

I am going to give the edge to Williams, because he would be the biggest media story.  Obviously we are going to run the ball alot this year so even splitting reps shouldn't be much of an obstacle.

Secretly, I think alot of people are rooting for Ricky.  They hate to see talent wasted and he has/had tons of it.  If he comes back the way he is being hyped to come back, I don't see how he isn't at least the Dolphins comeback player, and perhaps the league comeback player of the year.
DolFan619
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2008, 11:27:51 am »

Earl Morrall 1972
Larry Csonka 1979
Dan Marino 1994

Sports illustrated also named Robert Edwards its comeback player of the year in 2002.

My pick for this year is none other than the ganja king, Ricky Williams.

Ding, Ding, Ding!  We have a winner!

Ricky Williams seems to be the consensus so far.  However, I'm going to go with S Yeremiah Bell for "Miami Dolphins Comeback Player of the Year Award."  This guy is without a doubt our best secondary player, and it's damn shame that he's been hurt practically every year.  I just think he's FINALLY due for a great year.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2008, 03:35:46 pm »

I think that Ronnie Brown will likely get it over Williams.  I love you, Ricky. Kiss, but he's not even starting, and Brown looked great before he got hurt.  I'm becoming more and more skeptical of Ricky returning to prior form.

I'll also throw a longshot out there: Derek Hagan.  He may do nothing this year, but I think that this is his final test.  Either Parcells and company will get him productive or get him shipped out.

I drink your milkshake!
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2008, 03:42:52 pm »

In order for this team to have any success it needs to be a combination of Ronnie and Ricky since I have a feeling this will be a run heavy offense.. I would like to see Bell make a nice comeback as well.
Rick
Uber Member

« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2008, 08:31:14 pm »

Ricky Williams will be Miami's comeback player of the year.......I do think Yeremiah Bell and Ronnie Brown will make strong comebacks as well!!!

Its just not football without something to pass around!!
DolFan619
« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2008, 12:23:08 am »

Welcome to the July 4th edition of "25 Topics, 25 Days."  First and foremost, I hope that each and everyone of you has a truly awesome 4th of July!  Now, as we all know, the 4th of July is a celebration of our nation's independence.  However, it's also a celebration of all the things and ideals that makes the United States of America one of the greatest nations on Earth.  One of the things many Americans cherish is the idea of the "American Dream."  The "American Dream" is the idea that: No matter where you grew up whether you were rich or poor, and no matter what the odds are, there is a strong belief that anybody can become something great in this country.

Such a belief leads me to today's topic.  Today, we're talking undrafted rookie free agents.  The casual fan often looks at a UDFA, and pretty much brushes them aside and says: "That guy sucks, he'll never make the team."  However, as we have often seen in the past, that kind of talk is simply foolish and presumptious.  Soon to be Hall of Fame kicker, Adam Vinatieri was a UDFA out of South Dakota State when the New England Patriots discovered him.  Dallas Cowboys starting quarterback, Tony Romo was an UDFA out of Div-II Southern Illinois.  There are many more examples besides these two men, when it comes to UDFA success stories in the NFL.

Here's the question.  Which Miami Dolphin UDFA will be the biggest surprise in 2008? 
Philly Fin Fan
Uber Member

philly_fin_fan PhillyDolFan
Email
« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2008, 12:27:49 am »

Here's the question.  Which Miami Dolphin UDFA will be the biggest surprise in 2008? 

I'd have to go with Davone Bess, only because WR is a thin position, and he's got a shot at making the roster and surprising some people.

"Lo and behold, the National League East belongs to one team and one city, and that's the City of Brotherly Love, baby," Jimmy Rollins
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray