Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 01:52:17 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Countdown to Miami Dolphins Training Camp 2008: 25 Topics, 25 Days
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 Print
Author Topic: Countdown to Miami Dolphins Training Camp 2008: 25 Topics, 25 Days  (Read 72220 times)
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #210 on: July 23, 2008, 07:03:06 pm »

I hope it's Ginn on offense, since that would imply that we'd found both a good #1 receiver AND a good quarterback...

More realistically, I think we'll have to settle for one of our 2 runningbacks. At this point I think it's a toss-up. I really hope Pothead still has "it" - and can take a pounding, but I want to see it before I believe it.

On defense, Porter is the obvious choice in my book.
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #211 on: July 24, 2008, 07:03:28 am »

T MINUS 1 AND COUNTING!!!!!!

Players report tomorrow and the first practice is on Saturday!!!  The wait is almost over!!!!

Issue of the day- The new ownership. 

Ever since Wayne Huizenga took over as Dolphins owner in 1994, the Dolphins have been in a state of decline.  They have gone through seven different head coaches, failed to make it past the second round of the playoffs, and ticket prices have gone sky high while the quality of the product on the field has declined. 

Last season, Huizenga angered many fans by raising ticket prices tremendously, in some cases as much as 400%.  He was also criticized for doing a stadium makeover that many fans feel was unnecessary, meanwhile the team went off to post its worst record in franchise history. 

Now Huizenga has sold a good portion of the team to New York billionaire Stephen Ross, and plans to sell the rest at a later date. 

What do you think of Huizenga as an owner?  How will Ross fare as an owner?

Discuss.
fyo
Uber Member

« Reply #212 on: July 24, 2008, 12:32:46 pm »

I think Huizenga is a decent owner. He's willing to go out and get the hot coach or GM, and then stay out of it.

The recent price-raising was necessary to cover the costs of improvements. Although most fans would probably have preferred it without the improvements (and subsequent price hike), I think this was a question of Huizenga wanting to increase the value of the team, knowing he would sell at some point in the near future.

That said, it seems like he hasn't actually spent as much money on player pay as one could have expected and this may well have contributed directly to the lack of success in recent years.
Guru-In-Vegas
Uber Member

I found it cheaper on the internet

« Reply #213 on: July 24, 2008, 03:57:14 pm »

I think Huizenga is a decent owner. He's willing to go out and get the hot coach or GM, and then stay out of it.

I will never forgive him for giving Wanndouche a pass his whole stay here.  Not to mention that god-damned contract extension he gave him after yet another season without a playoff appearance.
DolFan619
« Reply #214 on: July 25, 2008, 02:54:29 am »

Well....  IT'S HERE!!!  Welcome, to Day 25 of "25 Topics, 25 Days."  That's right, the day has come and it is time for the 2008 Miami Dolphins to report to Training Camp, and it's on and popping!  The big theme around this year's Training Camp is without a shadow of doubt, is COMPETITION.  This regime has preached all offseason about how competitive this Training Camp will be.  That being said, today's topic is simply this.  Which competition in this year's Training Camp intrigues you the most?
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #215 on: July 25, 2008, 06:42:34 am »

I was going to say fullback, as Boomer Grigsby vs Regan Mauia will make for an interesting battle.  Both are hard nosed blockers that can be a battering ram out of the backfield for the RB.

But with Jason Taylor now gone, I'm going to say that outside linebacker will be the most intriguing spot opposite Joey Porter. 

Charlie Anderson?  Akin Adoyele?  Kelly Poppinga?  C'mon down!!!!  Let's see what you can do!!!!
fyo
Uber Member

« Reply #216 on: July 25, 2008, 08:22:54 am »

I'm going to be boring nad predictable... QB. That's the one I'm going to be watching for. And, let there be no doubt, I hope Beck wins it.
dolfan13
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #217 on: July 25, 2008, 09:19:42 am »

i thought akin was going to line up at inside lb? qb battle should be the most interesting to watch over the next couple of months. i'd also like to see beck emerge as the starting qb as well.
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #218 on: July 25, 2008, 09:33:44 am »

i thought akin was going to line up at inside lb? qb battle should be the most interesting to watch over the next couple of months. i'd also like to see beck emerge as the starting qb as well.

Adoyele is versatile and can play both inside and outside. 
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #219 on: July 25, 2008, 11:00:10 am »

I'm with fyo...I'll be watching the QB battle playing out, because I think that's as important as any battle in camp this season.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
DolFan619
« Reply #220 on: July 25, 2008, 11:16:52 am »

But with Jason Taylor now gone, I'm going to say that outside linebacker will be the most intriguing spot opposite Joey Porter. 

Charlie Anderson?  Akin Adoyele?  Kelly Poppinga?  C'mon down!!!!  Let's see what you can do!!!!

Don't forget about Quentin Moses.  I'll pretty much have my eyes on the quarterbacks.  Mainly, Beck and Henne.  McClown sucks, and isn't even worth my time.  Also, I'll have an eye on the kicking battle between Jay Feely and Dan Carpenter.
Rick
Uber Member

« Reply #221 on: July 25, 2008, 11:21:57 am »

I would say the Qb position is the most important position to watch as well....but I am also intrigued by the tight end battle.....Fasano, Peelle, Ryan, Martin, Mulligan and Halterman should be interesting.  There are lots of intriguing battles taking place this year.  Its hard to pick just 1 or 2.

Its just not football without something to pass around!!
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #222 on: July 25, 2008, 11:32:43 am »

I would say the Qb position is the most important position to watch as well....but I am also intrigued by the tight end battle.....Fasano, Peelle, Ryan, Martin, Mulligan and Halterman should be interesting.  There are lots of intriguing battles taking place this year.  Its hard to pick just 1 or 2.

You're right Rick.  When a team is rebuilding, a lot of positions are up for grabs. 
Doc-phin
Uber Member

« Reply #223 on: July 25, 2008, 12:45:49 pm »

QB is the most important position in football, so of course that will be the competition to watch and although I would prefer to see Beck win it, I am ok with McCown to start the season.

Other than that, it will be interesting to see who lines up opposite Joey Porter. 

Probably my biggest concern is who starts at left guard!  I wish I knew more, but it seems like nobody is predicting McKinney to be ready.  I am really worried about the possibility of two rookies on the left with a second year center and a young QB.  I don't care how good they are, other teams would smell blood and go after them big-time!
dolfan13
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #224 on: July 25, 2008, 03:50:35 pm »

i thought smiley was going to play left guard?
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray