Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:52:36 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Countdown to Miami Dolphins Training Camp 2008: 25 Topics, 25 Days
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16 Print
Author Topic: Countdown to Miami Dolphins Training Camp 2008: 25 Topics, 25 Days  (Read 71700 times)
DolFan619
« on: July 01, 2008, 12:26:30 am »

Believe it or not, it's already July 1st.  Can you believe it?  The year 2008 is moving at a rapid pace, it only feels like yesterday when we all rang in the New Year.  Anyways, the Miami Dolphins start Training Camp on July 25th.  So, in the days leading up to that event, this thread will have 25 different topics to discuss.  I figured, it would be a cool way to pass some time.

Today's topic is, which Miami Dolphin do you feel is underappreciated?  Who in your mind is not getting enough love?  Which player isn't getting the kudos or "atta boy" that they deserve?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 04:04:23 pm by DolFan619 » Logged
DZA
Uber Member

3rd Infantry Division Veteran

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 02:49:58 am »

Ricky Williams -- 

Philly Fin Fan
Uber Member

philly_fin_fan PhillyDolFan
Email
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2008, 10:19:02 am »

I'd have to go with Yeremiah Bell. Granted, the injury last year didn't help, but I think he is going to have a great season. He started to get some kudos a few years back from Saban, and actually got to start, where he showed he was a ball hawk.

There is also a guy who they didn't resign this offseason, who I think was very under rated and under valued- Rex Hadnot. He was a very good guard, and the team is now struggling to find another guard.

"Lo and behold, the National League East belongs to one team and one city, and that's the City of Brotherly Love, baby," Jimmy Rollins
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2008, 10:31:11 am »

I hate to be like this, but I am not sure that ANY of the Dolphins are underappreciated at this point. I think we need to see this new squad on the field before we see how the atta-boys are distributed.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
DolFan619
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2008, 12:07:17 pm »

I'm going to say our LS, John Denney.  I know that some of you laugh at that idea, but ever since he came to Miami as an UDFA out of BYU in 2005, he's been a very consistent long snapper for the Dolphins.
Rick
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2008, 03:47:51 pm »

I agree with DZA, that Ricky Williams is that player.  Ricky is playing for the league minimum for veterans....he is working hard, staying clean and saying all the right things this off season.  I love #34  Grin

Its just not football without something to pass around!!
Doc-phin
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2008, 04:51:31 pm »

I am going to say Justin Peele.  I thought he looked very good this past year and it is hard to hear that he is expected to be the odd man out this year.
DolFan619
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2008, 06:27:26 pm »

I am going to say Justin Peele.  I thought he looked very good this past year and it is hard to hear that he is expected to be the odd man out this year.

I think Peelle stays.  David Martin is probably the odd man out.
DolFan619
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2008, 12:21:25 am »

It's now Day 2 of "25 Topics, 25 Days."  Today's topic is about two of our rookie offensive lineman.  Jake Long and Shawn Murphy.  Now, it's pretty much a foregone conclusion that Jake Long will be playing left tackle for the Miami Dolphins.  However, the person that will be playing beside him at the LG spot is the real question.  Shawn Murphy has seen a lot of playing time at LG during the OTA's and Mini-Camps.  How do you feel about the possibility of two rookies playing side by side?

Are you okay with it, and hope that Long and Murphy are the second coming of Webb & Sims?  Or would you rather have a veteran like Justin Smiley or Steve McKinney man that LG spot beside Jake?
Philly Fin Fan
Uber Member

philly_fin_fan PhillyDolFan
Email
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2008, 08:35:56 am »

How do you feel about the possibility of two rookies playing side by side?

Are you okay with it, and hope that Long and Murphy are the second coming of Webb & Sims?  Or would you rather have a veteran like Justin Smiley or Steve McKinney man that LG spot beside Jake?

I'm OK with two rookies playing the left side, but not those two rookies. Murphy is very, very raw. He only played for two years because of a Mormon mission, and even then it wasn't at a big program. I think he might turn out to be fine eventually, but needs a few seasons of pro coaching. If it was a rookie who played at a big college, I'd be more comfortable. I still think it ends up being someone else playing left guard. Oh, and I'm perfectly fine with Long!

"Lo and behold, the National League East belongs to one team and one city, and that's the City of Brotherly Love, baby," Jimmy Rollins
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2008, 08:59:16 am »

I am a bit concerned with Long's footwork with speed rushers. Murphy could end up a diamond in the rough, but I wonder is he ready yet.
DolFan619
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2008, 01:46:40 pm »

I also wonder about Murphy.  Maybe, it's premature considering the hitting hasn't started, and the pads haven't started popping, but I think it would be better to have a veteran alongside Jake until Murphy is "truly" ready to go.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2008, 02:26:45 pm »

I'd prefer to see Justin Smiley line up at LG beside Jake...

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Rick
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2008, 05:37:34 pm »

I do like Shawn Murphy and hope he turns out to be a great left guard by the end of the season, but  I would prefer to see Justin Smiley starting at LG beside Jake Long...... at least until Murphy and Long get a better feel for regular season NFL football.  ( Murphy will take longer...as Philly said he is raw)

Its just not football without something to pass around!!
DolFan619
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2008, 07:47:40 pm »

Hmmmm....  If you slide Smiley over to the LG spot next to Jake, who do you put at the RG spot next to Vernon Carey?  Maybe, put Murphy at that spot next to a veteran in Carey, or do you go with another veteran lineman at that spot?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 07:49:27 pm by DolFan619 » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray