Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 10:35:48 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  2008 TDMMC Fantasy Football
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20 Print
Author Topic: 2008 TDMMC Fantasy Football  (Read 101780 times)
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« on: July 01, 2008, 11:41:36 pm »

Oh yes, it's time once again for the greatest game on earth...fantasy football. TDMMC FFL has been activated, and most of the teams that were in last year have probably already received an invitation, though it looked like a few of last year's teams didn't have email addresses listed, so not sure if you all got the invite.

To join, you can follow the link in the league invitation, or you can go to Yahoo FFL homepage, choose the "join custom league" option and use the following settings:

Name: TDMMC FFL 2008
Password:  TDMMC

Same scoring set as last season...and max teams set at 14. I have the live draft "tentatively" set for Saturday, 8/30 at 8 PM EDT, but we can juggle if needed.

Come take the crown from the Redzone Freakfest if you can...I have my FFL GM wingtips polished up and I'm ready for another title defense! Grin

P.S. Thanks to Lil_B for the nudge

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
bsfins
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 11:45:54 pm »

Well I'm in Tomorrow never Addai

Hmmm are we going to miss our draft because of the radio show?

Anytime  Wink
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2008, 12:03:38 am »

Hmmm...good point. I'll make it the following evening, Sunday 8/31 at same time.

Check that...move it tentatively to riday 8/29 at 8 PM EDT. It wouldn't give a decent time option for the 8/31 date.

And again, looking for feedback from all interested parties in regards to the draft schedule.

edited to note date change

« Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 12:08:58 am by Sunstroke » Logged

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
StL FinFan
Uber Member

Weaseldoc_13
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2008, 12:16:51 pm »

I'm in bitches!  Grin

Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in his error.
Marcus Tullius Cicero
alk3hol
Uber Member

Frak!

alk3hol alk3hol
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2008, 12:30:56 pm »

Thanks, Stroke. I got the invite and I'm in. Prepare to be owned (until the playoffs).

“I've always said you can get more with a kind word and a two-by-four than you can with just a kind word.” -Marcus Cole, Babylon 5
AZ Fins Fan 55
Uber Member

Go Phins!!!!!

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2008, 03:50:54 pm »

I am in the process of signing up but I was looking at your draft date and that is Labor Day Weekend. I don't know about everyone else but I will definately be out of town that weekend. If everyone else can make it then great I can let my draft auto pilot but it is something to consider.  Smiley

R.I.P. Jarian - 11/17/05 - You will be missed and never forgotten. Thanks for the memories my truest friend!!!!!
AZ Fins Fan 55
Uber Member

Go Phins!!!!!

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2008, 04:07:14 pm »

It is asking for the league ID# not the name....anyone have that information so I can get in?

R.I.P. Jarian - 11/17/05 - You will be missed and never forgotten. Thanks for the memories my truest friend!!!!!
Dolphin-UK
Uber Member

I'm not going to type anything here....

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2008, 05:55:15 pm »

I didn't get the invite either, and it's also asking for the league ID...
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2008, 06:19:03 pm »

Didn't know it actually asked for that number, but the league ID is 111782 and password is TDMMC.

~ Micah Leggat
AZ Fins Fan 55
Uber Member

Go Phins!!!!!

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2008, 07:32:49 pm »

^^
Thanks Stroke....I am in.

On the scoring set for bonus point on the receiving/rushing over 100 and passing over 300 I notice it is set at a 1 point bonus. Is that how it normally is? I always thought it was 5 points but I could have that mixed up with one of the other 8 leagues I am in lol. I just don't think a 1 point bonus is much of a bonus I guess. I think that goes in part with your draft in trying to pick players who will reach those incentives more than others. Just a thought!!!!

StL FinFan
Uber Member

Weaseldoc_13
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2008, 08:00:41 pm »

So if one back gets 98 yards and another gets 101, that merits a 5 point swing?  I think not.

Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in his error.
Marcus Tullius Cicero
Dolphin-UK
Uber Member

I'm not going to type anything here....

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2008, 12:08:20 pm »

Check it out there.....the Funk Soul Chicken....
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2008, 12:12:45 pm »

Yeah, for the RB/WR/QB plateaus, 1 point is pretty reasonable.

Love the name "Funk Soul Chicken"...

Let's get some chatter going about the draft date as well. I need to know when you guys want to set that up.

~ Micah Leggat
AZ Fins Fan 55
Uber Member

Go Phins!!!!!

« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2008, 12:28:53 pm »

^^^^
Cool I could not remember how it was set up last year.

As far as the draft date goes I posted earlier that we should move it away from Labor Day weekend but I was waiting to hear others thoughts and so far nothing has been said.

YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2008, 12:07:36 pm »

I'm in.  Looking to capitalize on my third place finish from last season. 
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray