Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:36:16 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  2008 TDMMC Fantasy Football
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 20 Print
Author Topic: 2008 TDMMC Fantasy Football  (Read 102249 times)
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #75 on: August 29, 2008, 09:08:11 pm »

Sorry that I couldn't chat with you guys, but I just couldn't find a dialog box. I'm probably just an idiot, or I need to reformat my screen size?

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #76 on: August 29, 2008, 09:16:20 pm »

Sorry I couldn't make it, but my Autopick set me up pretty good with RB and WR. 
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #77 on: August 29, 2008, 10:47:33 pm »

Well, I thought I made out ok for my first fantasy draft

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Pats2006
Uber Member

2009, 2014 Fantasy Football Champion

XxDevilDog
« Reply #78 on: August 29, 2008, 11:12:34 pm »

You should not be able to to pick BN players till you starting roster is full.  May be next year?

And the draft order should be the order you place in league?

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #79 on: August 29, 2008, 11:27:41 pm »

Those are some really interesting shoulds...

The first "should," to anyone who knows fantasy football, is ridiculous. You draft whatever players you want, whether active or bench, as long as you have a roster slot to accommodate the player.

As far as the second "should" goes...you were a fairly obnoxious bitch in the draft room tonight, and that is getting to be a trend with you. I suggest that you "should" consider toning your shit down about three notches or you "should" not expect to get invited back next season.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
bsfins
« Reply #80 on: August 30, 2008, 10:54:55 am »

Sorry that I couldn't chat with you guys, but I just couldn't find a dialog box. I'm probably just an idiot, or I need to reformat my screen size?

I thought it strange,it said you were there,but you didn't say a peep,Not Hi what's up...nothing...
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #81 on: August 30, 2008, 04:35:42 pm »

^^Yeah, I was kinda upset. Talking to you guys is half of the fun for me.

Bibamus, moriendum est

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #82 on: August 30, 2008, 06:52:40 pm »

As far as the second "should" goes...you were a fairly obnoxious bitch in the draft room tonight, and that is getting to be a trend with you. I suggest that you "should" consider toning your shit down about three notches or you "should" not expect to get invited back next season.

I really hate to take the fish's side against a fellow Pat's fan.  But I agree 100% with sunstroke.   

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #83 on: August 31, 2008, 09:01:13 am »

Those are some really interesting shoulds...

The first "should," to anyone who knows fantasy football, is ridiculous. You draft whatever players you want, whether active or bench, as long as you have a roster slot to accommodate the player.

I agree totally on the first point.  You need to stockpile players at the positions that matter most first. 

On the second point, I really can't comment on his actions because I wasn't there (my computer is a POS). 

It's your league, Stroke, so it's your call.  However, in several other leagues I've played in, the draft is indeed decided by the order you finished the previous season. 
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #84 on: August 31, 2008, 12:55:30 pm »

It's your league, Stroke, so it's your call.  However, in several other leagues I've played in, the draft is indeed decided by the order you finished the previous season. 

Two small flaws in that statement...

First, it isn't "my" league...it's TDMMC's league. I just help set the league up occasionally and help wherever I can. I just thought Patsie's cursing and bitching in the draft room was extremely uncalled for, and something that the rest of the league owners shouldn't have to deal with. Please note that I didn't tell Patsie that he couldn't play next season...I just advised that if he wants others to want to play with him, he should learn to play well with others. Wink

Second, using previous seasons' results to determine draft order normally requires that the same owners are in the league each season, and that simply isn't the case here. Quite a few owners carry over, but quite a few are occasional participants and will be replaced by others the next season.  That screams "random draft order" for sure...

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #85 on: August 31, 2008, 01:11:17 pm »

Extra note, since smack is always good this time of year.

I cannot believe that you guys allowed to build the insanely talented, boxscore-ravaging, megatronesque squad that currently sits on my team page. From my ground-pounding army-of-darkness RB corps led by Marion Barber to my Brees-Braylon-Calvin stealth bomber passing attack, this squad is locked tight and armed to the teeth. Looking at it, I'm reminded of last year's TDMMC squad in the DolFan Challenge, the one that missed a perfect season by 3 and a half points.  The 2008 Redzone Freakfest might be 4 points better...

I'm just sayin'! Wink

~ Micah Leggat
Dolphin-UK
Uber Member

I'm not going to type anything here....

« Reply #86 on: August 31, 2008, 02:36:30 pm »

I figured if Brady isn't throwing a TD then Maroney is going to be running it in.

If anyone has any ideas why I took Dwayne Bowe when I did though, please let me know, I was half asleep and don't remember what my reasoning was Smiley
bsfins
« Reply #87 on: September 02, 2008, 04:29:16 pm »

It's was cool you were able to make it Uk....I'm glad you hung in there as long as you did....
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #88 on: September 03, 2008, 07:14:26 pm »

Extra note, since smack is always good this time of year.

I cannot believe that you guys allowed to build the insanely talented, boxscore-ravaging, megatronesque squad that currently sits on my team page. From my ground-pounding army-of-darkness RB corps led by Marion Barber to my Brees-Braylon-Calvin stealth bomber passing attack, this squad is locked tight and armed to the teeth. Looking at it, I'm reminded of last year's TDMMC squad in the DolFan Challenge, the one that missed a perfect season by 3 and a half points.  The 2008 Redzone Freakfest might be 4 points better...

I'm just sayin'! Wink

You won't be able to wash the stink off of you for weeks.

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #89 on: September 04, 2008, 11:11:27 am »

Reminder for everyone...check your roster and make sure you have everything set before the kickoff tonight.

~ Micah Leggat
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 20 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray