Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:52:23 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  2008 TDMMC Fantasy Football
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 Print
Author Topic: 2008 TDMMC Fantasy Football  (Read 102233 times)
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #255 on: December 04, 2008, 08:47:36 pm »

I think maybe I'll sit my starters, you know? Why use them, and risk injury to some key guys for this meaningless match up this week. Cheesy

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #256 on: December 04, 2008, 09:00:45 pm »

I think maybe I'll sit my starters, you know? Why use them, and risk injury to some key guys for this meaningless match up this week. Cheesy

Good point Stinky.  You're guaranteed a first round bye. 
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #257 on: December 04, 2008, 09:10:40 pm »

two of which have already been nabbed by Stroke and Stinkfish.  Coincidentally, they face each other this week for the number one seed. 

I'm not facing Sir Stinkalot this week for the number one seed... I am maliciously beating El Stinko Grande to hold on to my #1 seed. The boxscore brutality will also send the same sort of message that a rolled up newspaper says to the stinky puppy...this is my house, don't pee on my carpet.

Game on, biatches... Grin

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #258 on: December 04, 2008, 09:16:07 pm »

I'm not facing Sir Stinkalot this week for the number one seed... I am maliciously beating El Stinko Grande to hold on to my #1 seed. The boxscore brutality will also send the same sort of message that a rolled up newspaper says to the stinky puppy...this is my house, don't pee on my carpet.

Game on, biatches... Grin

LOL.
I look forward to eviscerating the alpha dog in front of his pack this weekend.
Everyone get on the Stinky bandwagon.

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #259 on: December 05, 2008, 12:06:27 am »

Well, 4lifers-Primm and Proper matchup looks to be cutthroat.

Not starting Sproles as WR/RB was ruinous for me.  I might have already clinched if not for that move.

For Me:

LT = 91 rushing yards, TD

For AZ:

D. McFadden: 0 rush yards and 9 rec yards
Zach Miller:  64 rec yards

Not over by a long shot, given the inconsistency of Lewis.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
AZ Fins Fan 55
Uber Member

Go Phins!!!!!

« Reply #260 on: December 05, 2008, 12:37:01 pm »

Yeah I should have known better than to start two Raiders I was just hoping for a Rushing TD for Darren. Oh well I hope the rest of my team comes to play!!!!!

R.I.P. Jarian - 11/17/05 - You will be missed and never forgotten. Thanks for the memories my truest friend!!!!!
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #261 on: December 07, 2008, 03:54:43 pm »

The battle between me and AZ rages on.

Az has more than made up for a disappointed Thursday, with Roddy White tearing up the Saints D.

GB's D has TOs and a sack, but has allowed 21 points, which doesn't bode well for me.

Lewis was held without a single point this point, which could really hurt

Anybody's matchup heading into the 4:00 games

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #262 on: December 07, 2008, 07:01:41 pm »

Congrats AZ, looks like you've wrapped up the last playoff spot

I had fun my first year of fantasy football.  Hopefully, I can do better next year

bsfins
« Reply #263 on: December 09, 2008, 09:26:09 am »

I'd like to thank everyone who Played this year,Sorry to the 6 that didn't make it to the playoffs...the Good news Springtraining is right around the corner,you can get a jump on the Baseball drat... Cheesy

To everyone Who made it to tyhe playoffs...Good luck...Let the Fight begin....
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #264 on: December 09, 2008, 09:37:28 am »

HOLY CRAP!!!!!  I needed 25 points to take Hoodie down, and DeAngelo Williams got me 31, even though he only had 8 going into the 4th quarter against that Tampa defense!!!  What a MONSTER comeback!!!!!  That puts both me and Guru tied for third place. 

Good season everyone.  And for those who did not make it to the playoffs, hopefully you can next year.   

Here's the playoff picture as it stands:

Guru and Lil B will face each other this week for the right to go against Stroke next week. 

AZ and myself will be facing each other for the right to go against Stinkfish next week. 
« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 09:58:53 am by Tommy » Logged
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #265 on: December 09, 2008, 09:58:38 am »

I like the staggering between TDMMC FFL and the Dolphins Webmaster Challenge. I had a first round bye in the Webmasters last week, and a first round bye here this week.

Nothing against Guru, who has an outstanding squad, but I am definitely cheering for Lil_B this week. I can't talk any smack on the show unless I take him out myself. Grin

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Dolphin-UK
Uber Member

I'm not going to type anything here....

« Reply #266 on: December 09, 2008, 11:27:29 am »

Uggghhh finally the season is over....

A short review:

1: Tom Brady
2: Laurence Maroney
3: Chad Ocho Cinco

Enough said really.....the highlight of my season was fleecing Mr Sun "el maistro" Stroke in our trade of Favre and Jackson for Jones and SD D/ST Smiley

I still maintain that my time difference puts me at a disadvantage, by the time I learn of player injuries or see players on the wire perform, they're already gone Smiley

For reference in my UK fantasy league I finished a respectable 8th of 14 on 0.500 and had the third highest pts scored, with 2 > 100 pt losses and 4 > 80pt losses Smiley
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #267 on: December 09, 2008, 01:09:05 pm »

I made some mistakes this year, including taking LT first overall.

In the end, I just didn't have the talent to make the playoffs.

Anyway, I'll be back next year

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #268 on: December 09, 2008, 01:17:03 pm »

Enough said really.....the highlight of my season was fleecing Mr Sun "el maistro" Stroke in our trade of Favre and Jackson for Jones and SD D/ST Smiley 

Three thoughts here...

1) Did Favre and Jackson give you much since the trade? I've had both benched most of the season for inconsistency on other squads.

2) Can it really be called "fleecing" if both players from my end were rotting deep on my pine and had no shot of hitting the active roster?

3) Looking at where we both finished in the standings, I only wish I had given you more. Wink

Good luck to the 4 teams battling in the first round of the playoffs this week. Stinky and I will wait pateintly for the winners.

~ Micah Leggat
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #269 on: December 09, 2008, 01:57:26 pm »

I made some mistakes this year, including taking LT first overall.

In the end, I just didn't have the talent to make the playoffs.

Anyway, I'll be back next year

You came within a mule's breath of making the playoffs in your first year.  IMO, that's an excellent job for a rookie.  Don't you dare hang your head. 
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray