Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:35:54 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  2008 TDMMC Fantasy Football
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 Print
Author Topic: 2008 TDMMC Fantasy Football  (Read 102239 times)
Dolphin-UK
Uber Member

I'm not going to type anything here....

« Reply #270 on: December 09, 2008, 04:44:33 pm »

Three thoughts here...

1) Did Favre and Jackson give you much since the trade? I've had both benched most of the season for inconsistency on other squads.

2) Can it really be called "fleecing" if both players from my end were rotting deep on my pine and had no shot of hitting the active roster?

3) Looking at where we both finished in the standings, I only wish I had given you more. Wink

Good luck to the 4 teams battling in the first round of the playoffs this week. Stinky and I will wait pateintly for the winners.

Can you please NOT destroy my unhealthily biased version of our trade Smiley  Favre was never a full time starter for me, I found myself starting Edwards and Garrard as well based on matchups and desperation.  Jackson was inconsistent as a starter but used purely out of lack of options.  The only good bit of the trade really was that something made me give you the SD D/ST rather than the eagles which turned out to be a decent move.

I think I finished last last year too?
bsfins
« Reply #271 on: December 09, 2008, 05:36:38 pm »

Actually you finished 12 out of 14 teams....I have to give you mad props for playing,being across the pond...You play with one hand behind your back...
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #272 on: December 09, 2008, 05:39:19 pm »

You want a fleecing? I made a trade in the preseason to try to get the anchor for my #2 RB (at that time anyway), Willis McGahee. I thought Ray Rice was going to become Baltimore's most valuable fantasy back at some point this season, so I dealt one of my bench rookie RBs straight up...

Chris Johnson for Ray Rice

Yeah, ouch... Two silver linings on that extremely bad trade though. I still managed to be the #2 seed going into the playoffs, due in part to my "other" bench rookie RB (Forte) kicking ass all season. Second lining...it was a good friend that I dealt Johnson to, and we are on opposite sides of the playoff bracket, and with both of us having big leads after this week, we'll probably face each other in the title match.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
bsfins
« Reply #273 on: December 14, 2008, 11:31:30 pm »

Congrats to Guru this weekend...I'm kind of left scratching my head at my team..... Huh
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #274 on: December 15, 2008, 08:02:28 am »

I've got an 18 point lead on AZ, but he's got McNabb going tonight.  He could very well pull this out depending on which McNabb shows up. 
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #275 on: December 15, 2008, 05:24:56 pm »

I've got a two point lead in the semis to this one kid in another league. He's got Jamal Lewis playing tonight. Anyone know Tanya Harding's number?

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #276 on: December 15, 2008, 11:17:16 pm »

Did Donovan pull it out for AZ??

Did Vegas save anything for Stinky?

Can anyone stop the Freakfest?

When will the short questions end??

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #277 on: December 16, 2008, 08:18:17 am »

Good matchup AZ and congrats.  Good luck going against Stinky. 

I'll take on Lil B for 5th place. 
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #278 on: December 16, 2008, 02:02:49 pm »

Good luck to AZ and the Stinkmeister in the other semifinal...

As far as my opponent goes... What better place than Vegas to unleash a righteous Freakfest?

Fantasy football playoffs...it's the most wonderful time of the year!! Grin

~ Micah Leggat
Guru-In-Vegas
Uber Member

I found it cheaper on the internet

« Reply #279 on: December 17, 2008, 02:43:12 pm »

I wish I had passed the first round of the playoffs in my other league.  100 bucks down the shitter for nothing.   Angry  I have the Sucks to root for though even if it is just for bragging rights. 

BRING ON DA FREAK FEST!!!
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #280 on: December 17, 2008, 05:18:42 pm »

Nice signature line there, Vegas...that one's been a while.  Grin

~ Micah Leggat
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #281 on: December 22, 2008, 01:59:41 pm »

Well...Me and Vegas are coming down to the wire.  Vegas with a 3 point lead and Donald Driver left to go. I have my kicker, Mason Crosby.

Driver is averaging just under 7 pts per game in his last 6...
Crosby is averaging just over 9 pts per game in his last 6...

Since a tie is distinctly possible, I am cutting and pasting the tiebreakers. Las Vegas...you don't want it to go to tiebreakers, because I win the first two clean.

In the event that a playoff game ends in a tie, the deadlock will be broken using the following system:

1.   Most touchdowns scored by entire starting roster. (Freakfest 4, Vegas 3)
2.   Most fantasy points by starting quarterback(s). (Freakfest 27, Vegas 7)

So...basically, if I want to live to face Stinky in the Finals, I need Crosby to outscore Driver by 3.

Game on!!

~ Micah Leggat
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #282 on: December 22, 2008, 05:28:45 pm »

Who wants to get Stinky more? The Sucks, or the Freak Show? Tune in later to find out. In the mean time, I will be happy to sit and watch you two dance for my pleasure. Good luck boys. Keep it clean.

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #283 on: December 22, 2008, 05:44:32 pm »

I've got a 7 point lead on Lil B.  Williams, Thomas, and Wayne all did brilliant for me this week, but that was negated by Kurt Warner getting his ass kicked in the snow in New England. 

Lil B still has Matt Forte and Greg Olsen going tonight, and I have Chicago's defense.  Forte is hurting, so it's very up in the air. 
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #284 on: December 22, 2008, 05:52:13 pm »

Forte appears to be fine... I just watched a WGN news report that showed him cutting on it in practice, and there were no grimaces or any favoring that toe. The words he used himself were "good to go" before he disappeared inside the building.

Olsen is a perfect boom or bust TE...I predict he'll either drop a goose egg or notch 12-13 pts. Nothing in between.

~ Micah Leggat
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray