Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 04:49:27 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Farve traded to Jets
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Farve traded to Jets  (Read 5216 times)
simeon
Uber Member

« on: August 07, 2008, 12:06:03 am »

I do not have all the info, but Espn is reporting tht Farve has been traded to the jets.
That means Miami gets two cracks at him.

John 3:16  For God so loved the world that he sent his only begotten son, and whom ever shall believe in Him shall not die but have everlasting life.
NY Phins Fan

« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2008, 12:29:31 am »

trouble...

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8381934/Packers-trade-Favre-to-Jets

Farve hasn't signed off yet. so its not 100% yet.

Trade terms:

Farve for a 4th round pick.
If he plays 50% of snaps, pick becomes 3rd round.
If he plays 70% of snaps, pick becomes 2nd round.
If he plays 80% of snaps & reaches the superbowl, pick becomes first round.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2008, 12:46:48 am by NY Phins Fan » Logged
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2008, 12:38:23 am »

It is a done deal...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp08/news/story?id=3522971

Green Bay will get a draft pick that is conditional on how well the Jets do this season.

Brett against Miami twice this season. From a fantasy perspective, I think Jerricho Cotchery will benefit the most, provided he proves he can catch a bullet spiral while running at full speed. Nothing he's seen from Pennington or Clemens is even in the same velocity neighborhood as what he'll be dealing with now.  Wink

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Tepop84
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2008, 12:44:57 am »

you can't polish a turd.
Frimp
Uber Member

Join us!

billselby9773
WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2008, 12:56:58 am »

Shit..Brady AND Favre in the AFC East?

Lets hope the Jets receivers are A) as bad as ours and B) cant hold on to Favre's bullets.

Why not the Bucs though? He has a better shot at a ring there.

http://www.phinvaders.com 2012 events...stay tuned.
BILL PARCELLS for Ring of Dishonor!!! (and don't forget Eric Green)
NY Phins Fan

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2008, 01:07:06 am »

whoops. sorry bout that.
landlocked
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2008, 01:25:18 am »

Good!Now the attention whore that is Brett Favre is in the media capitol of the world and will get all of the press he craves and thensome.Let's see how he likes it when he costs the Jets a win by trying to throw through 3 defenders and gets picked off,and instead of the trained seals in Green Bay("we love you Brett,arf arf arf")he will find every nuance of his game totally disected by the New York media.I predict that they will chew this guy up and spit him out.Hope you enjoy your one season with the Jets,assbag.
Frimp
Uber Member

Join us!

billselby9773
WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2008, 01:27:35 am »

^^^

Damn..Tell us how you REALLY feel.  Grin Grin Grin

ethurst2
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2008, 01:49:35 am »

Good!Now the attention whore that is Brett Favre is in the media capitol of the world and will get all of the press he craves and thensome.Let's see how he likes it when he costs the Jets a win by trying to throw through 3 defenders and gets picked off,and instead of the trained seals in Green Bay("we love you Brett,arf arf arf")he will find every nuance of his game totally disected by the New York media.I predict that they will chew this guy up and spit him out.Hope you enjoy your one season with the Jets,assbag.

Is it safe to say Landlocked that you don't have a Gold Membership in Brett Farves' fan club?  Shocked
landlocked
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2008, 01:59:14 am »

Not hating on the guy at all,he was fun to watch and I even admire his grit and toughness..........but I am tired of seeing his mug on my t.v.!For the past 6 or so off seasons he's played this"maybe I'll retire,maybe I won't" thing up in Green Bay,and every year the orginization has waited on him to make a decision,even right up to the start of training camp.Now they have moved on and Brett seems like he wants us to think they screwed him somehow.All I'm saying is in my opinion he has thrown costly INTs in key situations in the playoffs and he won't get the same kid gloves treatment by the media in NYC as he did in Green Bay.
Frimp
Uber Member

Join us!

billselby9773
WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2008, 02:07:53 am »

I hate to see one of my all time favorite players go down like that, but you know what? He will finish his career as a Jet. I hate the Jets, and as a result, Brett sucks.

Its not like Zach Thomas who after his career is over will come back and retire as a Dolphin, and take his place among the ring of honor at Dolphin Stadium.

Brett Favre will not have that respect going for him. He will retire as a Jet, and nothing more.
After he held that team hostage this year, it should open the Packer fans eyes.

ATTN: Packer fans...The guy cost you your off season! The media all this coming season will take every game, win OR loss and discuss how Favre could have done it better.

I feel sorry for the Packers and their fans. I REALLY feel sorry for Aaron Rodgers, quarterback of the Green Bay Packers. Hope he has some really thick skin. He's gonna need it this season.

landlocked
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2008, 02:25:10 am »

Really.Rodgers is out there trying to run the offense to chants of "We want Brett!"by the crowd.The guy has done nothing wrong,paid his dues as a backup,and now only wants a chance to play his position.Way to show some class,Packer fans.
ethurst2
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2008, 05:19:52 am »

The New York Jets franchise has historically made some of the worst moves in NFL history regarding personnel.

I'm not into the Jet fan bashing but Don Shula did gift wrap Super Bowl 3 and give it to you.

This is the football team that made John Riggins so disgusted that he retired from football, only to be pulled by Joe Gibbs off the scrap heap. They let Al Groh get away to a military institute and had Bill Belichick as Coach For 24 hours. The weirdness continues with the Jets. Former coach Walt Michaels was so distraught over the 1983 AFC Championship Game until he accused the Dolphins of sabotaging the OB and retired.

Now they've aquired Brett Farve.

And guess who the Jets play first on their schedule this year?

I know that Farve is going to find the AFC East to be a tough division, especially in the months of November and December. I'm convinced that you could have put the Dolphins in the NFC Central and they probably would have had a 3-13 record in that conference. Even though Miami tanked last year, they were in a lot of games up until the end, especially after the mid point mark of the season.

And if Farve doesn't produce, gets who is going to get the ax? Mangini.  The one thing that you can say about the Jets as an organization. At times, they can be entertaining.

I think tha Farve is about to find out what we all have know over the past few years.

Is that the AFC has been the superior conference and there are no free ride games for the Jets this year.

YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2008, 07:55:22 am »

At least he's still wearing green. 
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2008, 09:10:52 am »

Announced at 5:19 pm tonight on Maxim radio Sirius 108, Covino and Rich announced that Brett Favre has asked to be released from the Packers and is very close to a deal with the NY stinking Jets.

Stay tuned!
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray