Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 09:20:44 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Farve traded to Jets
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Farve traded to Jets  (Read 5231 times)
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2008, 11:12:38 am »

I want to shoot my TV. ESPN should just change the name to BretCenter.
DolFan619
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2008, 11:28:51 am »

I want to shoot my TV. ESPN should just change the name to BretCenter.

That's all it's been for the past month.
TonyB0D
Uber Member

Crank it up!!

Email
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2008, 02:07:17 pm »

^^^

you guys are telling ME!  i HATE all the brett coverage we do there.  i just had my 2 days off and am going back tonite, so i wasn't around for this story to break.  now im gonna have to listen to it for 8 hours Sad
gocowboys31
Uber Member

F$U sucks!!!!!!!

« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2008, 02:28:48 pm »

The packers management WINS!!!!! YIPPEE!!!!! . Favre isn't granted his release, Green Bay ships him to a place where they will never play him again, and they get a 3rd round pick.

Kudos Murphy, Thompson, and McCarthy for not giving in to that asshole. What is BSPN going to do know that this has concluded. They should be ashamed  for the amount of coverage they gave to that clown.

Some teams play for the BCS title, some teams play in the Emerald bowl.  Urban Meyer
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2008, 03:01:13 pm »

What is BSPN going to do know that this has concluded.
Word is that they're sending their entire production staff to the Jets' training facility to broadcast live from now until September 7th, so that they can give up-to-the-second updates every time Favre takes a sip of Gatorade, scratches his ass, and takes a piss.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2008, 03:03:48 pm »

so that they can give up-to-the-second updates every time Favre takes a sip of Gatorade, scratches his ass, and takes a piss.

I'm glad they're getting back around to coverage of his piss-taking again, 'cause I missed it the first time and forgot to set my tivo.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Pats2006
Uber Member

2009, 2014 Fantasy Football Champion

XxDevilDog
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2008, 05:51:30 pm »

Jets will still suck.  GreenBay should have just kept him as there starter, he would have had a better chance of winning.

Picture is for Maine

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2023, 06:56:19 pm »

Jets trade for a 39 year old diva Packers QB -- what possibly could go wrong?  

Worked so well last time, they are doing it again. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2023, 10:45:51 pm »

This has got to be the best necro of all time.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2023, 08:51:39 am »

Jets trade for a 39 year old diva Packers QB -- what possibly could go wrong?  

Worked so well last time, they are doing it again. 

Good deep dive.

Yeah, the similarities are uncanny. I still would've preferred the Jets didn't make this trade because they now have the potential to be a Superbowl contender, but there is also a chance this ends as poorly as the Favre run does. Rodgers is not made for the NY media, let's see how he handles it.
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2023, 09:15:22 am »

Good deep dive.

Yeah, the similarities are uncanny. I still would've preferred the Jets didn't make this trade because they now have the potential to be a Superbowl contender, but there is also a chance this ends as poorly as the Favre run does. Rodgers is not made for the NY media, let's see how he handles it.

I think this move hurts the Jets in the long run, but it does make them better for the next year or two if Favre Rodgers can keep it together, mentally as well as physically.

For me, there's just so much uncertainty surrounding the Jets. They had the worst defense in football in 2021 and rocketed into the top 5 last year. Granted, that 2021 defense saw one of the biggest overhauls I can recall seeing, but I wouldn't be surprised if they don't quite match that level of performance this year. Statistically, the Jets' defense was the healthiest in the NFL by a *huge* margin and the dropoff in performance if someone like Sauce gets injured is substantial.

For the Jets to be a serious Super Bowl candidate, they would need to sustain a fairly good defensive performance and hope that Favre Rodgers can propel one of the worst offenses in football to at least "good". That's going to require either quite a lot of old-man-magic or some serious offensive line improvements, if not both.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2023, 09:34:57 am »

They nailed the draft last year, getting both the AP's Offensive and Defensive ROTY. Younger players tend not to get injured as much but it is also luck as even the healthiest guy can break a bone on a tackle. They probably won't be as healthy this year, but if Rodgers can have a typical Aaron Rodgers season, it's a 3 way race for the division.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2023, 01:58:14 pm »

I'm kinda bummed that I didn't chime in on this original gravedug post.  I am not worried about Rodgers and the Jets.  He's still pretty good, but by the time they'll be good, he'll be washed and they'll have wasted their window.

This is good for their ticket sales but not their long term winning viability.

I drink your milkshake!
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2023, 08:40:49 am »

I'm kinda bummed that I didn't chime in on this original gravedug post.  I am not worried about Rodgers and the Jets.  He's still pretty good, but by the time they'll be good, he'll be washed and they'll have wasted their window.

This is good for their ticket sales but not their long term winning viability.

This won't cripple them for the future, not like that Broncos trade for Wilson. They are in it to win right now and I applaud the strategy, no guarantee what tomorrow brings.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2023, 09:30:23 am »

What QBs have had success after turning 40 not named Brady? I mean Bret Farve is the most successful and that went down hill really fast. I am not scared of a 40 year old hippie hooked on hallucinogenics. The Jets oline isn't very dependable and he's old. Not a great combination in my opinion.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray