Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 02:22:33 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  NFL Fans code of conduct
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: NFL Fans code of conduct  (Read 2707 times)
StL FinFan
Uber Member

Weaseldoc_13
« on: August 06, 2008, 06:54:30 pm »

Man, I thought the headline was a joke, but it's real.  Aren't most of these rules in place in stadiums already?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=txnflfanconduct&prov=st&type=lgns

NEW YORK (TICKER) —The NFL on Tuesday created a new fan code of conduct, a policy aimed at addressing behavior that detracts from the gameday experience.

The policy, recommended by commissioner Roger Goodell at the spring meetings in April, warns that spectators who misbehave will be ejected from stadiums and face the loss of ticket privileges for future games.

“The in-stadium experience is critically important to the NFL, our clubs and our fans and will be a major focus this season,” Goodell said. “We are committed to improving the fan experience in every way we can - from the time fans arrive in the parking lot to when they depart the stadium.”

The fan code of conduct includes:

- Behavior that is unruly, disruptive, or illegal.

- Drunkenness and signs of alcohol impairment that result in irresponsible behavior.

- Foul or abusive language or obscene gestures.

- Interference with the progress of the game (including throwing objects on the field).

- Failing to follow instructions of stadium personnel.

- Verbal or physical harassment of opposing team fans.

Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in his error.
Marcus Tullius Cicero
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2008, 07:48:47 pm »

It's a sad comment on society and sports fans when the NFL needs to remind people how to act and conduct themselves in public.

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2008, 10:22:10 pm »

I'm glad that they're cracking down.

I had a guy pass out at my feet (literally unconscious), and then vomit all over himself and the rows ahead.  It was awful.  (But hilarious afterwards.)

I'm not for over-moderating behavior, but people yell some pretty bad stuff in an audience with kids.  When I have kids, I hope to be able to bring them to games, but won't if drunk people are yelling "Fuck the refs".

I'm also in favor of a zero tolerance policy for bullshit like fighting, throwing stuff (this is my most hated one....you're going to throw stuff at the people who are entertaining you?  Unbelievable.) ...I want to see people banned from future ticket rights, as well as legal action for stuff like that.

Good for Goodell.  The NFL is popular enough now to skim off the top 1 percent of hardcore, drunk assholes and still do fine for themselves.  I say go for it.

I drink your milkshake!
landlocked
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2008, 01:46:13 am »

I agree with you Dave,one hundred percent.We have all went to games where you sit next to a fan of the opposing team and I think most of us cheer for our team but try and be respectful,also.When their guy makes a great catch,whatever,you say "nice catch" and usually they will respond in similar fashion for your guy.You know,you are both there to enjoy the game,the atmosphere,root your boys on,maybe have a couple of pops,but it is only a game.I have enjoyed many a sporting event this way...........not so for Patriots fan at Dolphins stadium.We went for a monday night game and were surrounded by New England fans that,whenever their team gained more than one yard would flip us the bird and scream "F YOU!You F-ing suck!Ha Ha HA HA!"and not just once or twice---but on EVERY single play!!!It was as if their very lives depended on the outcome.And some of them had their kids with them.By far the worst fans I've ever seen.
TonyB0D
Uber Member

Crank it up!!

Email
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2008, 02:13:58 am »

^^

jets fans eat patriots fans for breakfast
BingeBag
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2008, 09:49:00 am »

^^

jets fans eat patriots fans for breakfast
^^

Buffalo fans eat Jets fans for breakfast.
landlocked
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2008, 01:51:42 am »

Stop eating each other guys. Roll Eyes
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2008, 12:21:40 am »

Eagles fan are the worst of the worst. 

Worst.