Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:47:40 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  John Beck has to go.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: John Beck has to go.  (Read 11081 times)
jtex316
Uber Member

2011 NFC East Champions!

« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2008, 11:53:40 am »

Isn't he technically already working in the private sector?

Giants: '56 NFL Champs; Super Bowl XXI, XXV, XLII Champs
Dphins4me
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2008, 12:15:45 pm »

And some fans still say Miami should have drafted Drew Brees.

Yeap, fans would have waited 3 years for him to develop.    Cheesy

This is not to say I believe Beck will develop, just that Miami fans have already tossed him aside after a short period.  Heck, some did before he even took the field last year.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2008, 01:10:44 pm »

People have had a short hook with Beck because his name is not Brady Quinn.  Had Brady Quinn been playing the exact same as John Beck for the Dolphins, he'd have gotten 20 free passes because he's a rookie.

Roll Eyes
Dphins4me
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2008, 01:25:28 pm »

People have had a short hook with Beck because his name is not Brady Quinn.  Had Brady Quinn been playing the exact same as John Beck for the Dolphins, he'd have gotten 20 free passes because he's a rookie.
  Could not be more correct.
ethurst2
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2008, 03:58:57 pm »

Beck is battling psychological issues to. He knows that the current regime doesn't want him.

If you look at the history of Parcells, he prefers big quarterbacks as far as size and weight with the exception of Phil Simms finally getting the nod over Scott Brunner years ago. The Giants brass had to convince Parcells that Simms was more accurate than Brunner

Henne has the size that Parcells and crew like.

I'm still pulling for Beck but he's a dead man walking with this regime.
Guru-In-Vegas
Uber Member

I found it cheaper on the internet

« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2008, 04:17:14 pm »

Roll Eyes

No, I've seen him play and he looks awful.  Take away the uniform and stadium, throw some cheap Walmart shorts and an old worn out Emmitt Smith jersey and you couldn't differentiate between Beck the "NFL" QB from Pedro from Jiffy Lube playing in Tropical Park.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2008, 05:00:27 pm »

I took so much grief for calling it as I saw it when I said "John Beck will not start another game for the Miami Dolphins" after last season ended. I said it because I knew we had new (and more importantly, "competent") coaches and personnel evaluators coming in, and I knew they would see the same thing...that John Beck is not NFL QB material. It was a mistake to draft him, and it's a mistake we should put behind us.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Rick
Uber Member

« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2008, 07:41:03 pm »

^^Not all of us gave you grief Stroke Wink......some of us agreed with you about Beck....John needs to be given his walking papers ASAP!!!!

Its just not football without something to pass around!!
Dphins4me
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2008, 07:52:26 pm »

Yeap & I can see the MB in a few years if he goes to another team & does well.  They screwed up by letting him go to soon.

Beck may or may not be a NFL QB, but its still to soon to determine. 

Everyone that is so high on Henne ( I think he will be a quality QB also ).  Remember he is playing against vanilla D & guys that will be working at jiffy lube in a couple of weeks. 
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2008, 08:36:25 pm »

I just curious ... how many people who wanted Brian Griese gone were wishing we had him after his performance Sat night?

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
ethurst2
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2008, 09:03:27 pm »

I just curious ... how many people who wanted Brian Griese gone were wishing we had him after his performance Sat night?

Brian Griese was here at Coors Field a few weeks ago raising money for children who lost their parents to disease. He's a nice guy.

Griese's problem is that he always goes to the wrong offensive system. He's not as athletic as his father, Bob Griese. In Denver, he was expected to be John Elway but there is only one Elway. Griese's skills compliment a power running game (just like his father).

In Miami, he didn't get a fair shot. He had the great game against San Diego on Monday Night when they had to move the game to Arizona and I thought that he had finally settled in as the Dolphins QB.

Thanks to Wade Smith totally getting beat and Ricky Williams missing a chip block on Dwight Freeney, Griese's Dolphin stint came crashing down when Freeney hit Griese from the blind side. That was in end of Griese in Miami.

Brian Griese has to have ALL the tools to be an effective quarterback.
Tepop84
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2008, 09:12:28 pm »

In Miami, he didn't get a fair shot. He had the great game against San Diego on Monday Night when they had to move the game to Arizona and I thought that he had finally settled in as the Dolphins QB.

Thanks to Wade Smith totally getting beat and Ricky Williams missing a chip block on Dwight Freeney, Griese's Dolphin stint came crashing down when Freeney hit Griese from the blind side. That was in end of Griese in Miami.

It wasn't one play that did him in.  He was a turnover machine. 
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2008, 09:51:52 pm »

None, he still sucks.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray