Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 06:55:18 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Beck’s chances dwindling
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Beck’s chances dwindling  (Read 8585 times)
Dphins4me
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2008, 11:35:29 pm »

Can someone tell me how many plays John Beck participated in tonight?
  None, the same as McCown.

Rick
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2008, 11:35:15 am »

That is what I've been saying.  For some reason some Miami fans think that they have to bash Beck, because it appears Henne is better.  However, lets see Henne when the real games start, before declaring him the next best thing.

It dosen't appear Henne is better....Henne IS better...Why keep a roster spot for Beck when he will never be a quality starting or backup NFL QB?  You have 53 guys busting there arses for those roster spots...they should go to the players who perform the best...Beck has performed the the worst of all the QBs in camp.

If Pennington goes down with an injury early in the season ( before Henne is ready, although he might be ready sooner then we think) Miami needs a backup QB who can move the offense....At least Josh McCown has proven he can do that in the NFL...Beck has proven nothing...notta....zilch..... No matter what,  McCown and Beck will both be history after this year....HENNE will be Miami's QB for a long, long time....In a year or two, Beck and all of his potential will be out of the NFL. Wink
« Last Edit: August 17, 2008, 11:42:41 am by Rick » Logged

Its just not football without something to pass around!!
Dphins4me
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2008, 12:23:18 pm »

It dosen't appear Henne is better....Henne IS better...Why keep a roster spot for Beck when he will never be a quality starting or backup NFL QB?
Never?  If you are that good, then why are you not in the NFL working as a GM or some type of scout?.

I'd say there was a time someone said Rich Gannon would never be a quality starter or backup.  He just went on to be NFL MVP.  Same was probably said about Kurt Warner also.  What did he do?  Oh yea.  Two time NFL MVP.

I'm encouraged by Henne, but unlike some.  I want to see him with the real football players playing & when something is on the line.  When they are blitzing him & using defensive schemes to confuse him, before I start jumping for joy.  He has a very nice arm on him though & again I'm encouraged with his ability.

You have 53 guys busting there arses for those roster spots...they should go to the players who perform the best...Beck has performed the the worst of all the QBs in camp.
  So you should cast inexperienced players aside, simply because they are not NFL ready yet?  Wonder why SD kept Drew Brees for 3 years?  They must have been stupid for doing so. 

How many times have you seen Beck this year?   Teams keep players all the time who did not out play someone older.  Why?  Because they develop them into players & one of the reason Miami is where they are.  They started going for the quick fixes & stopped developing talent.

If Pennington goes down with an injury early in the season ( before Henne is ready, although he might be ready sooner then we think) Miami needs a backup QB who can move the offense....At least Josh McCown has proven he can do that in the NFL...
That is why Miami is the fourth team for McCown in 4 years.  Because he is proven.  Gotcha on that one.  I think he has proven to be a very avg to below avg. Qb.    Every other team, just did not know what they had with him.  A proven Qb that can move the offense, teams always let QB like that go.

Beck has proven nothing...notta....zilch..... No matter what,  McCown and Beck will both be history after this year....HENNE will be Miami's QB for a long, long time....In a year or two, Beck and all of his potential will be out of the NFL. Wink
You are finally correct.  Beck has proven nothing, just as Henne has not proven anything.   It will be best for Beck if Miami lets him go.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2008, 12:55:34 pm »

Henne has a stronger arm, a more accurate arm, better composure and pocket presence...the little things that distinguish a QB with a solid NFL future and one that probably doesn't. I can't imagine anyone watching both of them under center for more than a few snaps each without clearly seeing the extreme difference between the two.
So are you comparing Henne's performance in this year's camp/preseason to Beck's performance in last year's regular season?   Again, as I recall, Beck reportedly looked very good in last year's camp/preseason.

Don't you think that you should see Henne play in a real game before you declare the competition over?

DZA
Uber Member

3rd Infantry Division Veteran

« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2008, 02:12:35 pm »

None I believe  Grin
« Last Edit: August 17, 2008, 02:19:24 pm by DZA » Logged

YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2008, 03:36:24 pm »

Zero, none, nada.  And that pretty much says what the new regime thinks of him. 
StL FinFan
Uber Member

Weaseldoc_13
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2008, 03:38:07 pm »

Zero, none, nada.  And that pretty much says what the new regime thinks of him. 

By that "logic", they think the same of McCown.

Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in his error.
Marcus Tullius Cicero
phinphan
Uber Member

dcphinsphan dcphinsphan
Email
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2008, 02:39:15 am »

Henne is our back up AND he earned it. thats right he stole it from the others. Grin
phinphan
Uber Member

dcphinsphan dcphinsphan
Email
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2008, 02:49:30 am »

As a long time fan It has been a long time coming for Henne. Is he gonna throw like Dan .....NO...........Break records like Dan.............NO.........Bu t is he going to be a good quarter back for the Dolphins I say yes...Even the announcers called him an nfl qb. And they were pulling for jax. Smiley
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2008, 02:52:19 am »

Don't you think that you should see Henne play in a real game before you declare the competition over?

If you think there is a competition between Beck and Henne at this point, then I don't think you've been paying attention this preseason. Beck is headed out in short order, and Henne is the future QB of this franchise. Tuna-Ireland-Sparano have made it clear to everyone but the "Beck didn't get a fair shot" stalwarts that he's gotten as much of a shot as he's going to get.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
phinphan
Uber Member

dcphinsphan dcphinsphan
Email
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2008, 02:52:30 am »

On topic we keep Beck and send mckown down the road. Unless we are paying Beck more? Then its visa versa....
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2008, 08:08:17 am »

By the way there is a hurricane headed for Florida

Please do not make two and three posts in a row.  Please try to put it all together in one post.

Thanks.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2008, 10:14:09 am »

Why does it have to be Beck or Henne?  Why can't it be Beck and Henne?
It can be - and it SHOULD be.  If anyone thinks Beck is "done" and McCown isn't, I will laugh at them.

The discussion isn't Beck or Henne, the discussion is Beck or McCown, and there's no way I think we should keep McCown.

To me, Beck is the emergency guy that could be good 2 or 3 years from now.  Stash him on your roster, bury him on the depth chart, let him develop on his own time, WE DON'T NEED HIM TO PLAY RIGHT NOW!  On the other hand, McCown is a 4-year vet on his 4th different team.  Not one team has found him worthy enough to renew.  Not to mention, McCown is a bigger cap hit and higher salary than Beck for the next coupla years.

This is a no-brainer to me.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 10:15:42 am by Brian Fein » Logged
Dphins4me
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2008, 10:17:28 am »

On the other hand, McCown is a 4-year vet on his 4th different team.  Not one team has found him worthy enough to renew. 
  McCown is a 7 Yr vet.  Spent his first 4 Yrs with the Cards.  Then Det., Oakland & now Miami.

Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2008, 10:20:25 am »

McCown is a 7 Yr vet.  Spent his first 4 Yrs with the Cards.  Then Det., Oakland & now Miami.
Whatever. Wink  I was too lazy to go check but I thought that sounded wrong.  Doesn't change the fact that he sucks though.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray