Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 08:33:44 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  CB Travis Daniels has been traded to the Cleveland Browns
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: CB Travis Daniels has been traded to the Cleveland Browns  (Read 5965 times)
DolFan619
« on: August 20, 2008, 02:15:25 pm »

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/2008/08/dolphins-trade.html

Dolphins trade Travis Daniels to Browns

The Dolphins have just announced the trade of cornerback Travis Daniels to Cleveland in exchange for an undisclosed draft pick.

Daniels had been running with the second team and was seemingly en route to making the team until struggling somewhat Saturday at Jacksonville. Daniels, in his fourth NFL season, fills a void for the Browns because their corners got toasted against the Giants.

Daniels is already on a flight to Cleveland. The move pretty much guarantees that Joey Thomas, who had an interception Saturday, will make the team.

It also opens the possibility that either Chris Roberson, Nathan Jones or Will Billingsley will have a spot on the team. This week's return of Michael Lehan from a high ankle sprain gave the Dolphins three starting-caliber corners along with Will Allen and Andre' Goodman.

One NFL source said the Browns inquired about getting Lehan ahead of Daniels but the Dolphins didn't want to do that.

« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 02:22:25 pm by DolFan619 » Logged
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2008, 02:36:03 pm »

REALLY?  Is Michael Lehan more valued than Travis Daniels?  Has Daniels slipped that far, or has Lehan improved that much?
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2008, 02:42:41 pm »

Daniels tends to be overrated by the fans IMO. The guy was alright, but never really that good I thought.
Philly Fin Fan
Uber Member

philly_fin_fan PhillyDolFan
Email
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2008, 02:50:33 pm »

I agree that Daniels was over rated. He knew Saban's schemes, since he played for him at LSU, so he looked great as a rookie.  All in all, not a bad move. Daniels very well could've been cut, so the fact that they got a pick for him is nice.

"Lo and behold, the National League East belongs to one team and one city, and that's the City of Brotherly Love, baby," Jimmy Rollins
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2008, 03:03:38 pm »

Maybe that's it, Philly.  I liked Daniels his rookie year, but after that, he fell off big time.  I guess his inability to learn new schemes made him a worse player.  Just kinda surprised at how highly they speak of Michael Lehan, though.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2008, 03:08:28 pm »

Please explain to me:

What does undisclosed draft pick mean?  When do find out what the draft pick was?

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2008, 03:20:05 pm »

Maybe that's it, Philly.  I liked Daniels his rookie year, but after that, he fell off big time.  I guess his inability to learn new schemes made him a worse player.  Just kinda surprised at how highly they speak of Michael Lehan, though.

Philly is exactly right here.  The guy came on strong towards the end of his rookie season and was posed for a breakout season in 2006.  He knew Saban's schemes, which put him ahead of the learning curve as a rookie.  While all the other DB's were learning this complicated system, he already knew what to do. 

However, he sustained a high ankle sprain at the beginning of training camp 2006, came back from it too early, and struggled with pain all season.  At the end of that season, Saban left, and he was forced to learn a new defensive scheme (twice), that exposed his weakness as a cover corner. 

I'm also glad they were able to get something for him rather than just cut him loose for nothing. 

Please explain to me:

What does undisclosed draft pick mean?  When do find out what the draft pick was?

Undisclosed draft pick means the media has a source that can confirm the Dolphins got a pick but is unsure which round it will be in (or if it's conditional).  As time goes on, I'm sure we'll find out what type of pick it was.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2008, 03:35:30 pm »

The Miami Dolphins traded cornerback Travis Daniels to the Cleveland Browns for a seventh-round draft pick

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp08/news/story?id=3544011

Another one of those other coach's guys are gone!  If the Ronnie deal happens we know it isn't personal. It's Parcells.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2008, 03:38:45 pm »

The Dolphins have just announced the trade of cornerback Travis Daniels to Cleveland in exchange for an undisclosed draft pick.

Who?

I need to start paying more attention to this team.

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
DolFan619
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2008, 03:47:55 pm »

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/blogs/content/shared-blogs/palmbeach/miamidolphins/entries/2008/08/20/dolphins_trade_travis_daniels.html

Dolphins trade Travis Daniels

By Edgar Thompson | Wednesday, August 20, 2008, 01:59 PM

Defensive back Travis Daniels’ up-and-down career with the Dolphins has ended.

The team announced it has traded Daniels, a fourth-round pick in 2005, to the Cleveland Brown for an undisclosed draft choice.

Daniels started 25 games during three seasons for the Dolphins, but his play dropped off significantly since his rookie season under Nick Saban, his former coach at LSU.

Daniels had 62 tackles and 13 passes defensed as a rookie, but had a combined 63 tackles and six passes defensed the past two seasons.

Daniels, 25, bottomed out last season, when he routinely gave up big plays and seemed to lose his confidence. Daniels allowed an average of 10.9 yards per completion in 2007, ranking among the worst in the NFL.

YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2008, 04:03:20 pm »

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp08/news/story?id=3544011

Another one of those other coach's guys are gone!  If the Ronnie deal happens we know it isn't personal. It's Parcells.

Now only three players are left from the 2005 draft class.  Three also from 2006, one from 2004 and one from 2003. 

Our recent past drafts are looking worse and worse as time goes on. 

DolFan619
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2008, 04:23:37 pm »

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/sfl-daniels082008,0,1588099.story

Dolphins trade CB Travis Daniels to Browns

By Omar Kelly
Sun-Sentinel.com

2:01 PM EDT, August 20, 2008

The Dolphins have traded cornerback Travis Daniels to the Cleveland Browns for an undisclosed draft pick.

Daniels, a South Broward product who the Dolphins selected in the fourth round of the 2005 draft, started 25 games for his hometown team.

But most of those starts came in his rookie season, where he played for Nick Saban, who happened to be his coach at LSU. Injuries and inconsistent play have limited his production since.

This summer free agent signee Joey Thomas was pushing him for one of the Dolphins' final roster spots.

Trading him to the Browns increases the likelihood that the Dolphins will retain Thomas, who had an interception in Saturday's 19-14 win over Jacksonville.

The Dolphins now have 73 players on the training camp roster. On Aug. 26, NFL teams must trim their roster to 75 players, but the Dolphins are already under that total.

On Aug. 30, NFL teams must make their final cuts, getting down to the 53-man roster they will take into the regular season.

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2008, 04:33:55 pm »

I've always thought Daniels sucked and wondered why we kept him around.  I think Lehan is just as good but Daniels warrants a draft pick where I think Lehan doesn't.  Smart move by the trifecta.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2008, 04:49:28 pm »

Somebody please give me the details on the last few drafts.  Have any of our late rounders gone on to make the team?

I mean, besides Fields.

Did we just get nothing for Daniels?

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
TonyB0D
Uber Member

Crank it up!!

Email
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2008, 05:27:37 pm »

Did we just get nothing for Daniels?

read the first sentence of the article, assclown.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray