Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 10:55:31 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  CB Travis Daniels has been traded to the Cleveland Browns
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: CB Travis Daniels has been traded to the Cleveland Browns  (Read 5967 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2008, 05:32:17 pm »

read the first sentence of the article, assclown.

The Miami Dolphins traded cornerback Travis Daniels to the Cleveland Browns for a seventh-round draft pick

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
run_to_win
Uber Member
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2008, 06:13:19 pm »

Now only three players are left from the 2005 draft class.  Three also from 2006, one from 2004 and one from 2003. 

Our recent past drafts are looking worse and worse as time goes on.
How many of the players are still in the league? 

IF Daniels has a long career with Cleveland then his talent justifies his pick.  He just fell out of favor with the new regime. 

Hypersensitive bullies should not frequent message boards.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2008, 06:26:42 pm »

Read my post again.

I can't recall any of our late round drafts picks making the team in the last few years.

Therefore, we will take somebody with that pick and cut him in training cut, thus giving Daniels away for nothing

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
StL FinFan
Uber Member

Weaseldoc_13
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2008, 06:30:01 pm »

Wow, a thread regarding the Browns that didn't turn into another inane discussion about Brady Quinn.  Shocked

Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in his error.
Marcus Tullius Cicero
DolFan619
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2008, 08:05:48 pm »

Read my post again.

I can't recall any of our late round drafts picks making the team in the last few years.

Therefore, we will take somebody with that pick and cut him in training cut, thus giving Daniels away for nothing

Here are the "late round picks" that are still with the team.

- S Yeremiah Bell (6th Round, 2003 NFL Draft)

- DE Rodrique Wright (7th Round, 2006 NFL Draft)

- FB Reagan Mauia (6th Round, 2007 NFL Draft)

- P Brandon Fields (7th Round, 2007 NFL Draft)
Dphins4me
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2008, 08:33:20 pm »

IF Daniels has a long career with Cleveland then his talent justifies his pick.  He just fell out of favor with the new regime. 
  The more time goes by the more I believe the new regime is more interested in putting player they acquired over players who were already in Miami.  Basically you had better be a star or they are looking to replace you with one of their guys.

So I expect no players from previous teams to be in Miami in a couple more years.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 08:36:46 pm by Dphins4me » Logged
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2008, 09:30:06 pm »

The more time goes by the more I believe the new regime is more interested in putting player they acquired over players who were already in Miami.  Basically you had better be a star or they are looking to replace you with one of their guys.

So I expect no players from previous teams to be in Miami in a couple more years.

Even IF you ARE a star, they're STILL going to replace you. (Ronnie Brown)

Which I think is total BS.  Its like coming in your house spitting on the floor and saying "no this just won't do!" while he snaps his fingers and his minions come in and rip out all the carpets, drapes, and furniture before you even know what is going on.

Total BS.
doctord56
Uber Member

first dolphin game attended 11/6/66 bills29 fins 0

« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2008, 09:42:27 pm »

No, I don't think it's total BS. The dolphins had the worst roster in pro football last year by far; many of their starters wouldn't have made the practice squad of the top teams. The roster needed a total overhaul, without sentiment and focusing only on getting the talent base improved.

The few decent guys from the old regime will be held over (Bell, Ginn, Satele, Crowder, Carey, etc). Ronnie isn't going anywhere now, but he's not healthy at this time. As fine and noble as JT and Zach were, they are not the future and young players need to be groomed to take their place on the defense.

The evil Patriots have been completely unsentimental with personnel moves in their run of championships, but look at their success. It may be cold hearted, but the reconstruction project of the dolphin roster means no one is safe, and anything goes that the braintrust thinks upgrades the talent base.

I don't think Parcells and Ireland really care where the players came from. They want good talented players who fit their system and schemes and can help the team win games. And the old regime left them with just a very few guys who fit that bill.

And I like what's been done. Merling, Langford, Thomas, and Long all look like stud lineman with bright futures ahead of them. Pennington is the best QB in a dolphin uniform in a decade, and Henne shows promise for down the road. No, I like what Parcells and Ireland are doing with an unsparing and gimlet eye, and the  team seems to be improving.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 09:53:04 pm by doctord56 » Logged

A loyal fan of the 'fins since the time of Joe Auer, Dick Wood, and Wahoo McDaniel.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2008, 09:58:43 pm »

I am only worried that they will dump Ginn and Brown, both of whom are our best offensive players

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
DZA
Uber Member

3rd Infantry Division Veteran

« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2008, 10:08:57 pm »

Another one of Saban's boys out dad door  Wink

fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2008, 08:36:11 am »

Let's not cry about Travis Daniels. He was Goodman's backup - and only because Lehan was injured. It always made sense to keep Nathan Jones, who's very effective on special teams and in nickel packages. That left Joey Thomas and Travis Daniels fighting for the last cornerback spot. Joey Thomas is a better special teams contributer, so I wouldn't have been surprised to see Daniels cut outright.

This was the depth chart at cb:

Will Alen
Andre Goodman
Travis Daniels
Nathan Jones
Michael Lehan
Joey Thomas
Chris Roberson

Pick 5 to keep... Allen and Goodman were the starters, Daniels and Thomas the backups - but only because Lehan was injured. As previously stated, Nathan Jones was pretty much a lock to make the final roster, leaving either Daniels or Thomas as the odd man out.

So we got a 7th round pick for a guy we were probably going to cut. I don't have a problem with that.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2008, 08:47:43 am »

No, I don't think it's total BS. The dolphins had the worst roster in pro football last year by far;

Exactly. I can't believe people are so upset about roster moves on a team that was the worst in football.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2008, 09:29:11 am »

fyo, they're not really the "backups" per se because the #3 (and sometimes #4) corner is on the field for nickel and dime packages.  Its not like you have to wait for an injury for them to get burned by a slot receiver
DolFan619
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2008, 10:07:01 am »

Let's not cry about Travis Daniels. He was Goodman's backup - and only because Lehan was injured. It always made sense to keep Nathan Jones, who's very effective on special teams and in nickel packages. That left Joey Thomas and Travis Daniels fighting for the last cornerback spot. Joey Thomas is a better special teams contributer, so I wouldn't have been surprised to see Daniels cut outright.

This was the depth chart at cb:

Will Alen
Andre Goodman
Travis Daniels
Nathan Jones
Michael Lehan
Joey Thomas
Chris Roberson

Pick 5 to keep... Allen and Goodman were the starters, Daniels and Thomas the backups - but only because Lehan was injured. As previously stated, Nathan Jones was pretty much a lock to make the final roster, leaving either Daniels or Thomas as the odd man out.

So we got a 7th round pick for a guy we were probably going to cut. I don't have a problem with that.

That is one sorry looking list of DB's.  I expect that most of these guys will be gone within the next two seasons.
doctord56
Uber Member

first dolphin game attended 11/6/66 bills29 fins 0

« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2008, 10:16:27 am »

That is one sorry looking list of DB's.  I expect that most of these guys will be gone within the next two seasons.

Exactly my point from before. The team lost games last year not only because of inept coaching, but because every other team had better players. This year Parcells/Ireland were able to infuse the offensive and defensive lines with young talent, and stabilize the QB position. A lot remains to be done in the next year or two, and I suspect the defensive backfield will be a major focus of attention in the 2009 draft and free agency areas.

A loyal fan of the 'fins since the time of Joe Auer, Dick Wood, and Wahoo McDaniel.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray