Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 10:25:59 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  CB Travis Daniels has been traded to the Cleveland Browns
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: CB Travis Daniels has been traded to the Cleveland Browns  (Read 5966 times)
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2008, 10:43:09 am »

fyo, they're not really the "backups" per se because the #3 (and sometimes #4) corner is on the field for nickel and dime packages.  Its not like you have to wait for an injury for them to get burned by a slot receiver

I realize that they see the field more than, say, a backup quarterback... (although plenty of backup running backs and tight ends get lots of playing time)... the point was that Daniels was 5th or 6th in a position where 5 are usually kept.

This wasn't some good player or "potentially" good player getting cut lose. This was bottom-of-the-barrel churning.
DolFan619
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2008, 12:10:39 pm »

T.D. bids so long to Dolphins fans

Just got a text from former Dolphins  CB Travis Daniels, who was traded to the Browns for an undisclosed draft pick Wednesday.

The kid is a lifelong Dolphins fan and a decent person. He's going to a team with a young, porous secondary (did you see the Giants-Browns game the other day?) so he should get on the field. I'm not saying he was any shutdown corner, because he did get a few toast jobs over the years but he was tough and always a gentleman with the media.

"I appreciate all the support over the years. I really enjoyed playing in Dolphin Stadium. It's something that I dreamed of as a little kid. In life, change will come. You accept it and roll with the punches.  I have a great opportunity here in Cleveland and I will make the most out of it. To all my Dolfans I will miss you.

Sincerely,

Travis Daniels

> Posted by hfialkov at 10:26:28 AM
run_to_win
Uber Member
Uber Member

« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2008, 02:27:46 pm »

That shows a lot of maturity and class.

Hypersensitive bullies should not frequent message boards.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2008, 06:27:24 pm »

That shows a lot of maturity and class.
I always rooted for him because he always came off like that.  Bell is another that always seems appreciative of things.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
doctord56
Uber Member

first dolphin game attended 11/6/66 bills29 fins 0

« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2008, 07:12:55 pm »

Travis Daniels is a very good guy and a quality human being. Unfortunately, he isn't a very good or quality NFL cornerback. So it's off to Cleveland and I wish him well.

A loyal fan of the 'fins since the time of Joe Auer, Dick Wood, and Wahoo McDaniel.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray