Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 07:16:48 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Lehan regression? Crocker to start
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Lehan regression? Crocker to start  (Read 899 times)
DolFan619
« on: August 21, 2008, 10:03:58 pm »

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_football_dolphins/2008/08/lehan-regressio.html

Lehan regression? Crocker to start

Updated blog on Lehan: Bad news to report on CB Michael Lehan, who returned to practice earlier this week after a long layoff due to a sprained ankle. After practicing in the morning he sat out the second practice and didn't look too spry on the sidelines.

However, Lehan said after practice that he has not suffered a setback and it's just strategy. He expects to play Saturday.

Sparano seems content with Chris Crocker playing safety and corner, and he seems high on Joey Thomas and Will Billingsley - who brings speed to special teams. Billingsley may be hidden on the practice squad.

Crocker said he will start Saturday over Jason Allen, which Sparano said was the plan all along. He wants to see Crocker play in the first half when teams are still passing the ball instead of sitting on it late in the game.

Also, OLB Joey Porter didn't practice but that's too be expected. With all his different ailments theres no way he's going to go through two-a-days. He looked pretty frisky on the bike. LB Charlie Anderson participated in both practices, a good sign that his hammy is healed.
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2008, 07:12:56 am »

Billingsley hasn't popped on my radar at all. Anyone know anything about him? (I see he went undrafted last year and was signed off the street by the phins in April). He's a safety, right? If so, I don't see how he could possibly make the team... We'll likely keep 3 safeties, but even if 4 should stick around, the remaining 1-2 spots will be occupied by Renaldo Hill, Keith Davis and Chris Crocker.

Billingsley looks like a prime practice squad candidate.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray