Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 08:59:07 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Dolphins' Sparano: Moses is making strides
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Dolphins' Sparano: Moses is making strides  (Read 867 times)
DolFan619
« on: August 22, 2008, 08:32:48 am »

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/football/miami-dolphins/story/652897.html

Dolphins' Sparano: Moses is making strides

BY SARAH ROTHSCHILD
Miami Herald

Linebacker Quentin Moses characterized his preseason as unfulfilling, pointing to his lack of production. But entering the Dolphins' third preseason game Saturday night against the Kansas City Chiefs, Moses is intent on breaking out.

Moses' performance, coupled with the absence of fellow outside linebacker Charlie Anderson, prompted coach Tony Sparano to say Thursday that it is ''pretty critical'' to get both players going.

Anderson returned to practice after being sidelined by a hamstring injury he sustained Aug. 9 in the team's preseason opener.

It's doubtful Anderson will play Saturday, but Moses is likely to see time, with the Dolphins hoping to see him contribute more.

''It's the biggest game of my life,'' said Moses, a second-year player out of the University of Georgia. ``I haven't accomplished some of the goals that I wanted to accomplish this preseason.''

He has not recorded a tackle or a sack as a reserve through two preseason games.

But Sparano said Moses has shown improvement.

''In the first game, I thought he probably got a little bit fatigued early in that game, and in the second game he played a little more under control, showed a little bit more stamina, rushed the passer better early in the game,'' Sparano said. ``He just hasn't made a play yet that way -- a sack or whatever. But he's around the quarterback. He had some good pressures and did some good things that way.''

Anderson said he has sensed that Moses, his training camp roommate, has felt down at times this preseason. But Anderson said he believes Moses will flourish, noting: ``He's a big, tall guy with long arms. He has everything you want in a pass-rusher.''

Meanwhile, Sparano was pleased with how Anderson looks coming off rehab.

''He's doing really well right now,'' Sparano said. ``It's still a day-to-day thing with him as we go out there, but [Thursday] was a good day. We were able to get him some work and get him rushing the passer a little bit.''

DRESS-REHEARSAL TIME

The third preseason game is typically the dress rehearsal for the regularseason opener, so the starters figure to play longer.

Sparano said he expects many of the team's ''core guys'' will play at least into the middle of the third quarter. The exception could be quarterback Chad Pennington.

''He's going to play a good amount,'' Sparano said.

INJURY UPDATE

The Dolphins are not required to put out an injury report, but if there were one, linebacker Joey Porter (back/knee) likely would be listed as questionable, and cornerback Michael Lehan (ankle) said he is hopeful. Porter and Lehan did not practice Thursday afternoon after practicing in the morning.

Lehan had been sidelined with a sprained ankle before returning Monday.

Running back Ronnie Brown participated in position drills during the first 30 minutes of practice open to the media in the afternoon.

He will miss Saturday's game and is still wearing a cast, but it was a positive step, as he has been sidelined with a thumb injury.

NEW UNION REP

Defensive end Vonnie Holliday is the Dolphins' NFL Player's Association Rep, succeeding departed kicker Jay Feely.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray