Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:27:39 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Shame of the Game- Chiefs (Preseason)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Shame of the Game- Chiefs (Preseason)  (Read 9676 times)
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2008, 11:54:19 pm »

Wilford because he's wasting money...oh and Ginn...that's as fast as you can run on a punt return?   Tongue

(that's sarcasm by the way)
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2008, 06:06:20 am »

Apparently, an application on a site I use to order photos makes my text on message boards go backwards....

So you didn't type that message on purpose?
Doc-phin
Uber Member

« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2008, 12:21:51 pm »

If you can't tell by now, I think Brandon Fields is perhaps the worst punter in the NFL and have no clue why anyone thinks he is any good.

He looked absolutely embarassing next to the Chiefs' punter.  He has zilch for hang-time and piss poor accuracy.  He gets lucky sometimes because his kicks are soooo bad that the receiver doesn't get a chance to catch the ball and the ball rolls an extra 20 yards.

I am telling you now that this will become a problem.  It was a problem that went somewhat unspoken last year and will be a problem again this year.
SportsChick
YJFF Member
Uber Member

« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2008, 01:35:33 pm »

I think 2 or 3 times during the game, either Brian or I (or both) said the phrase Shankarific

I'm the girl that makes men jealous of my husband

I hate Red Sox and Patriots bandwagon fans. They give the rest of us a bad name
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2008, 01:51:06 pm »

Fields was nailing the corner in warmups repeatedly.  Can't remember where he was kicking from.  I even made a remark about it, that he kept hitting the corner with accuracy.

I don't think he's terrible.
Doc-phin
Uber Member

« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2008, 02:16:45 pm »

Fields was nailing the corner in warmups repeatedly.  Can't remember where he was kicking from.  I even made a remark about it, that he kept hitting the corner with accuracy.

I don't think he's terrible.

I guess that is why he is liked by some, because he does it in practice.  Just do me a favor and forget the practice stuff and just pay attention to how quickly the ball gets to the returner, if it gets there at all.  There is very little time for the coverage to get down field.  I have seen no more than 5-7% decent kicks from him in games.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2008, 02:32:30 pm »

I think that our kick coverage makes Fields look bad.  When we miss tackles and stuff, it throws off his accomplishments.  I do know what you mean about under-kicking so much that the receiver can't field the ball, though.

Overall, and I've said this before, I think it's really hard to judge his performances with stats, because the way that plays turn out aren't indicative of the punter's play....both good and bad.

I will pay attention extra closely in the next few games.

I drink your milkshake!
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray