Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 04:12:33 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Sparano: Dolphins may add players before opener
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Sparano: Dolphins may add players before opener  (Read 1296 times)
DolFan619
« on: August 26, 2008, 08:50:23 pm »

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/sfl-sparano0826,0,6046939.story

Sparano: Dolphins may add players before opener

By Omar Kelly
SunSentinel.com

6:24 PM EDT, August 26, 2008

Coach Tony Sparano said there's a possibility the Dolphins will be adding players before Thursday's preseason game at New Orleans. Front office officials Bill Parcells and Jeff Ireland were busy working the phones during Tuesday's practice.

"We need to be active," said Sparano, whose team presently has 72 players on the training camp roster, which can carry 75 following Tuesday's. "It all depends on the players that are out there, and maybe what our needs are."

Because of their 1-15 record, the Dolphins have first dibs on all players waived who have less than four years of experience.

Sparano intends to play Ronnie Brown against the Saints despite the sprained right thumb the tailback injured nearly two weeks ago.

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2008, 09:01:12 pm »

Because of their 1-15 record, the Dolphins have first dibs on all players waived who have less than four years of experience.

anyone worth a damn out there?  maybe Josh Johnson from the bucs when we get rid of Mcown and Beck?  I don't have any insight on this subject so can someone make some possible suggestions on who we could get, for any position?
afphinfan

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2008, 10:42:50 pm »

Someone's 54th or 55th best player is bound to be better than our 50th+ ... the question is will we pick the right one? This will be a player for depth, not likely to be a starter. We also should be able to boost depth through the vets that are cut ... hopefully we can find a good wr, and olb.
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2008, 11:28:09 pm »

This round of cuts is pretty much devoid of talent....... name one player who didn't make first cuts (not final cuts), who ended up becoming a star in this league.
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2008, 08:19:46 am »

Yeah, it's the Saturday cuts that will be interesting. I would be surprised if we DIDN'T see a handful of fresh faces.
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2008, 08:31:25 am »

Yeah, it's the Saturday cuts that will be interesting. I would be surprised if we DIDN'T see a handful of fresh faces.

QFT.

The final cuts are what will be closely watched.  Even last season, Cam Cameron made his final cuts, then picked up two guys (Greg Camarillo and Cory Lekkerkerker) from his old San Diego team, and cut two more guys from the bottom of the roster. 

Just because you originally made the final cuts doesn't mean your job is safe in this league if you are not a starter.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray