Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 04:46:18 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Predictions- vs Jets
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Predictions- vs Jets  (Read 13031 times)
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2008, 06:49:48 am »

I think Ricky's going to have a MONSTER game, but our defense will blow chunks and Favre will shoot us down.

NYJ 21
MIA 17

I don't think Favre will be as good as advertised.  He hasn't had enough time to get his timing down with his new recievers or learn this offense. 
dolfan13
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2008, 08:27:51 am »

phins - 24
jets -   17

jets make a lot of turnovers and come out very sloppy. phins come out sharp and disciplined looking to put last year's nightmare firmly into a distant memory.
Thundergod
Uber Member

« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2008, 08:44:07 am »

I don't think Favre will be as good as advertised.  He hasn't had enough time to get his timing down with his new recievers or learn this offense. 

Umm, and Pennington has?  Brett > Chad P. Not to mention their recevers are much better than ours. Again, I hope I'm eating my words later.  Grin
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2008, 09:03:14 am »

Umm, and Pennington has?  Brett > Chad P. Not to mention their recevers are much better than ours. Again, I hope I'm eating my words later.  Grin

I hope so too.  I've got a hot plate of crow waiting for you. 

The one advantage Pennington has is that he knows this defense. 
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2008, 09:38:50 am »

I hope so too.  I've got a hot plate of crow waiting for you. 

He also knows the offense.  I am willing to bet Chad has spent some time chatting not only with the OC, but also the DC.  Chad is fully versed in the "new ideas" the Jets had for this season's offense.  Some obviously changed since Brett got there, but I bet not much. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2008, 09:47:52 am »

We just signed a Jets defender - cut Saturday. I think he's probably a good resource on up-to-date defensive info.

Who said anything about Favre being good. I think there's a big chance he'll disappoint this season, but against us...
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2008, 11:12:49 am »

This game starts the 'Maine might be on to something' talk when it comes to a potential ten win season.

Miami wins larger than people would ever expect, 21-10.

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
landlocked
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2008, 11:46:20 am »

I agree with Maine,I think the Jets are overrated(they weren't a good football team before Favre showed up)and I also think the Dolphins are hungry.
Miami 24
NYJ 14
jtex316
YJFF Member
Uber Member

2011 NFC East Champions!

« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2008, 11:48:41 am »

NYJ - 38
MIA - 10

This will be the "I told you that preseason means absolutely nothing" game, which should bring all of you back down to reality.

Giants: '56 NFL Champs; Super Bowl XXI, XXV, XLII Champs
Jim Gray
Global Moderator
Uber Member

'72 - The Perfect Season

texasjimgray
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2008, 01:20:19 pm »

Since I have no idea what to expect from the Dolphins or the Jets, I wasn't planning to post a prediction.  But last night I had a dream about the game.  It's a little cloudy now, but I think I saw a half time or 3rd quarter score, and the Dolphins were shutting out the Jets.  I believe the score was 21 - 0. 

I don't believe in premonitions, but I thought I would test it by posting my dream preview.   I predict that the Dolphins will have a 21 - 0 lead in the early 3rd quarter and will win the game 24 - 7 (the final score is my extrapolation of the 3rd quarter dream score).
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2008, 02:29:17 pm »

good prediction oracle jim ! .. i'm going with 31-10 for the dolphins
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2008, 03:50:12 pm »

Dolphins 20
Jets 7

Favre throws 3 picks, one late in the 4th that goes back for 6 to seal it.
Defense54
Uber Member

« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2008, 05:58:36 pm »

I think we were both pretty evenely Suckie last season, we just had a few more injuries which gave us a few more lost games.

This season both Teams have improved , The Jets took the Free agent Highway and we finally did it through the Draft . Of Course Penny was a free agent Pick up but for the most part we are a way younger Team.  That said They don't have near the running game we have. But I think their defese might be slightly better due to the veteran precense.  Saprano is really new at this as well.

I'll have to join the others and give the Jets the edge.  Embarrassed Undecided Cry

Jests- 17

Dolphins- 10    Indifferent

That's my head thinking. My heart says FUCK YOU FARVE. You should have stayed retired. 2 words. Muhammad Ali mother fucker!  Evil

Bubba

Phins Phan since 81

« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2008, 08:38:50 pm »

Here's hoping.  This team could be anywhere on the map and I wouldn't be shocked. 

Mia 24
Jets 17
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2008, 08:43:46 pm »

That's my head thinking. My heart says FUCK YOU FARVE. You should have stayed retired. 2 words. Muhammad Ali mother fucker!  Evil

If farve had stayed retire the dolphins qb would be......?

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray