Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 04:10:29 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Predictions- vs Jets
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: Predictions- vs Jets  (Read 13029 times)
StL FinFan
Uber Member

Weaseldoc_13
« Reply #45 on: September 03, 2008, 04:06:02 pm »

The Eastern Sports Programming Network biased?  I never heard of such a thing!

Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in his error.
Marcus Tullius Cicero
AZ Fins Fan 55
Uber Member

Go Phins!!!!!

« Reply #46 on: September 03, 2008, 04:17:48 pm »

Jets - 13
Phins - 27

I think the Phins start the season strong and beat the Jets!!!!!     Grin

R.I.P. Jarian - 11/17/05 - You will be missed and never forgotten. Thanks for the memories my truest friend!!!!!
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #47 on: September 03, 2008, 04:59:10 pm »

I like the way you say 16-0 instead of 18-1.   Grin Wink

I just can't believe someone would have the balls to give a 4-12 Team 16th ranking becuase of a few Free agent pick ups.  Roll Eyes

A few free agent pick-ups?

The Jets were significantly better than us last year. They added Alan Faneca and Damien Woody, improving their offensive line tremendously. That improves their running game directly and their passing game by giving the quarterback more time in the pocket, addressing some key weaknesses. They also added Tony Richardson, one of the best blocking fullbacks in the league (and a big reason why even Chester Taylor averaged 5.4 yards per carry last season for the Vikes. The other major offensive weakness was the lack of a deep threat and they addressed this by bringing in Favre.

On defense their biggest weakness was stopping the run. To address that they added nose tackle Kris Jenkins. Oh, and then they drafted some guy named Gholston.

Their cornerbacks are still fairly weak, but overall they've had some good draft picks the last couple of years. Players like Nick Mangold and D'Brickashaw Ferguson.

There are some questions at receiver and running back, but a better quarterback and a MUCH better line + blocking fullback should provide a big boost. The passing game should also benefit from a couple of new tight ends, Bubba Franks (Packers) and Dustin Keller (taken with the Jets' second first-round pick this year).

All in all, the Jets really looked at all their biggest weakness and upgraded them big time. That certainly brings them from a 25th or so team to around average - i.e. 16th. I'm not sure they've improved enough to get a wild card (8 wins would be my guess), but "mediocre"... sure, they've progressed to that.

If things REALLY come together for them (but I doubt it), they could win 10 games and maybe make it to the conference championships.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #48 on: September 03, 2008, 05:34:59 pm »

I like the way you say 16-0 instead of 18-1.   Grin Wink

Actually saying the Pats record last year was 18-1 is an apperration from the norm.

I have yet to see anyone post the Colts record from last year as 13-4 or the Giants as 11-9.  Or the Pats record from the prior year as 14-5. It is just not done that way. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
simeon
Uber Member

« Reply #49 on: September 03, 2008, 05:40:53 pm »

I like the way you say 16-0 instead of 18-1.   Grin Wink
Don't you mean 18-1 *

John 3:16  For God so loved the world that he sent his only begotten son, and whom ever shall believe in Him shall not die but have everlasting life.
Defense54
Uber Member

« Reply #50 on: September 03, 2008, 07:51:08 pm »

Actually saying the Pats record last year was 18-1 is an apperration from the norm.

I have yet to see anyone post the Colts record from last year as 13-4 or the Giants as 11-9.  Or the Pats record from the prior year as 14-5. It is just not done that way. 

When you lose as spectacularly as the Pats did.........it can be done no other way....... Cheesy Grin

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #51 on: September 03, 2008, 08:09:47 pm »

When you lose as spectacularly as the Pats did.........it can be done no other way....... Cheesy Grin

I am expecting to see it that way from time to time.  I am not bothered by it, but that won't be the way i write it. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
hordman
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #52 on: September 04, 2008, 02:29:54 pm »

I like the Phins in opening week 1:

Miami 20
Jets 16

on a side note:

if you get a chance to watch the "Schwami" or whatever that loser ("You're with me, leather") calls himself on ESPN, I GUARANTEE he takes the J-E-T-S  -3pts against the Phins.

He should just wear a shirt that says "I hate the Phins"

Phins over the S-U-C-K-S

I'd rather be lucky than good.
David Fulcher

Email
« Reply #53 on: September 07, 2008, 12:56:49 am »

I'm probably gonna be kickin' myself in the head for posting a Dolphins prediction here because two seasons ago when I liked to do that, it seemed like they lost every game that I picked them to win, but just because I feel good about this one for some reason (I'm probably just more out of the loop with the team that I normally would be and overly optimistic), I'm gonna post a prediction.

Dolphins 23, Jets 20

Yeah, I don't know what I'm thinkin'.   Cheesy

"I swear to Buddha--if someone challenges my Ping-Pong honor, their fortune cookie will see bad outcome!"

--guy from "My New Haircut", Asian edition
TonyB0D
Uber Member

Crank it up!!

Email
« Reply #54 on: September 07, 2008, 12:58:56 am »

The Jets were significantly better than us last year.

i dunno about that....they won 2 games against the rest of the league.  TWO GAMES!!
bsfins
« Reply #55 on: September 07, 2008, 10:22:51 am »

Jets 27
Dolphins 17

I think we'll keep it close throught he fist haf,but let the game get away late...
Defense54
Uber Member

« Reply #56 on: September 07, 2008, 04:30:45 pm »

Look on the Bright side people..........We didn't spend $140 million on our O Line!!  Grin

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray