Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:58:40 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Almost Everyone not living in Florida gets to watch the Dolphin's game
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print
Author Topic: Almost Everyone not living in Florida gets to watch the Dolphin's game  (Read 15222 times)
StL FinFan
Uber Member

Weaseldoc_13
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2008, 10:42:19 pm »

That's right.  The game starts at noon here.  We have plenty of beer!  Smiley

Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in his error.
Marcus Tullius Cicero
AprFools_Phins

On the Coast of Somewhere Beautiful

« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2008, 11:25:36 pm »

Yay! I just sneaked by- the only coastal part of NC that gets the Fins! And I have no work!  Grin

Frimp
Uber Member

Join us!

billselby9773
WWW Email
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2008, 11:46:57 pm »

I wouldnt be surpried if they moved it to the 4:15 game.

http://www.phinvaders.com 2012 events...stay tuned.
BILL PARCELLS for Ring of Dishonor!!! (and don't forget Eric Green)
AZ Fins Fan 55
Uber Member

Go Phins!!!!!

« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2008, 04:23:51 pm »

I will be at the beach house in Rocky Point, Mexico this weekend. I have DirectTV down there and I should be able to see the Phins game.  Smiley

R.I.P. Jarian - 11/17/05 - You will be missed and never forgotten. Thanks for the memories my truest friend!!!!!
bsfins
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2008, 05:45:32 pm »

Well according to that Map I'd be getting the K.C. NE game as always...Nope sorry..I've got NFL Sunday ticket....It's worth everypenny..the rest of Direct Tv I'm starting to wonder....
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2008, 06:02:21 pm »

Well according to that Map I'd be getting the K.C. NE game as always...Nope sorry..I've got NFL Sunday ticket....It's worth everypenny..the rest of Direct Tv I'm starting to wonder....

If I was the NFL commish..... I'd make DirecTV NFL Sunday Ticket available to all the major cable companies and Dish Network.  I would also include preseason games, and allow it to be shown in Mexico, Canada, and the Caribbean Islands.  You realize how much money it would make then?
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 06:53:45 pm by Tommy » Logged
StL FinFan
Uber Member

Weaseldoc_13
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2008, 06:06:23 pm »

You mean NFL Sunday Ticket.

Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in his error.
Marcus Tullius Cicero
Philly Fin Fan
Uber Member

philly_fin_fan PhillyDolFan
Email
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2008, 06:35:56 pm »

If I was the NFL commish..... I'd make DirecTV available to all the major cable companies and Dish Network.  I would also include preseason games, and allow it to be shown in Mexico, Canada, and the Caribbean Islands.  You realize how much money it would make then?

I think you mean the NFL Sunday Ticket. And its value would diminish to the NFL if they made it available to everyone. The reason they got so much was because Direct TV was bidding against the cable companies for exclusive rights to the package.

"Lo and behold, the National League East belongs to one team and one city, and that's the City of Brotherly Love, baby," Jimmy Rollins
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2008, 06:54:52 pm »

I think you mean the NFL Sunday Ticket.

Yep, that's exactly what I meant.  Fixed. 

And its value would diminish to the NFL if they made it available to everyone. The reason they got so much was because Direct TV was bidding against the cable companies for exclusive rights to the package.

No, I do not think it would.  Keep the price the same, but then make it available to cable and Dish Network subscribers, and you've got a financial windfall. 
bsfins
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2008, 07:10:18 pm »

I think you mean the NFL Sunday Ticket. And its value would diminish to the NFL if they made it available to everyone. The reason they got so much was because Direct TV was bidding against the cable companies for exclusive rights to the package.

That's exactly right,it's the same reason why,the networks bid on who gets to carry the games...Direct TV paid through the nose,to get and Keep the NFL Sunday ticket package....If all the Providers had it,you wouldn't be able to charge near as much...

The thought of Tommy As Commissioner  of the NFL makes me want to watch Male synchronized Swimming...
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2008, 07:12:42 pm »

The thought of Tommy As Commissioner  of the NFL makes me want to watch Male synchronized Swimming...

Would watching Male Synchronized Swimming get you excited?   Cheesy
bsfins
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2008, 07:14:39 pm »

No I get that gag reflex in the back of my throat,and I lose my appitite for days....
run_to_win
Uber Member
Uber Member

« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2008, 01:56:56 am »

Okay, here ya go:  link.

Hypersensitive bullies should not frequent message boards.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2008, 02:03:28 am »

If they made it available to everyone, they would get less money per carrier, but they'd be getting it from multiple carriers instead of just one, which would more than make up for it.

If licensing the broadcast rights to a single provider is really more lucrative than offering it to multiple providers, why isn't the NFL Network a single-provider option, too?

run_to_win
Uber Member
Uber Member

« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2008, 02:05:32 am »

Before I had NFL Sunday ticket, I would go to a sports bar by myself, one of the biggest ones in the area, and I would almost always find a Dolfan or two to watch with.

We have plenty of beer!  
You're killing me!  

Hypersensitive bullies should not frequent message boards.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray