Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:56:36 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Fins: Last big game?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Fins: Last big game?  (Read 5259 times)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2008, 02:02:07 pm »

The Baltimore game was especially uninteresting if you didn't know the outcome.

I highly doubt that someone on the west coast would see that game on TV and say "Oh...the Dolphins/Ravens game is on.  Let's watch."

In hindsight, it meant a lot, and was a big game in that respect, but it was not an ANTICIPATED game by the nation.

I drink your milkshake!
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2008, 02:30:31 pm »

In hindsight, it meant a lot, and was a big game in that respect, but it was not an ANTICIPATED game by the nation.

People keep bringing new irrelevant elements into the equation. I never said that it was a game that was anticipated to be big beforehand. I said that it was a big game for Miami.

No more for me in this thread...I can't take the forehead bruising from the wall in front of me.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
David Fulcher

Email
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2008, 12:29:41 am »

(completely off-topic, but...) 'Stroke, I know you probably won't ever see this comment in this post because you swore yourself from this thread, but I just wanted to say that your sig right now is teh awesome.  I <3 Mr. Ben Folds, and that is indeed a great lyric from a great song.  (hell, pretty much every song on the first two Ben Folds Five albums is awesome.....but I digress)

To actually bring this topic back...well, "on-topic", though, I'm gonna throw one out there that has yet to be mentioned and I don't really know why because even at the time I thought it was a big game (even though the Philadelphia game came a year later and did seem pretty big at the time)--the Oakland at Miami game, Dec. 2002.  That's right, this '02 team was definitely still in tight playoff contention sitting at 8-5 prior to that game, though they would infamously go on to tank out in their "trap" game against Minnesota the following week and the one where we really started to question The Wannstache, the @ NE game to close the season.

That Oakland/Miami game came before all that other mess happened, though, and like I was sayin', we were still right there in the thick of things for the playoff race and were hosting a perennially tough Oakland team (at the time) that would go on to be the AFC representative in the Super Bowl later that winter.  It couldn't hurt that this game ended up being a helluva one "after-the-fact", with if my memory serves me correctly Patrick Surtain coming down with a pretty one-handed pick off of Gannon on a deep throw near the end of the game.  I was pumped before, during, and after that 'Phins game, and it's truly the last time I can remember thinking all those things about any other Dolphins game since with maybe the exception of the first game of the 2006 season, and that's just because it was the Saban-ator's debut game and I had no idea we'd beat the pants off the Broncs like we did that day.

"I swear to Buddha--if someone challenges my Ping-Pong honor, their fortune cookie will see bad outcome!"

--guy from "My New Haircut", Asian edition
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2008, 02:21:00 am »

(completely off-topic, but...) 'Stroke, I know you probably won't ever see this comment in this post because you swore yourself from this thread, but I just wanted to say that your sig right now is teh awesome.  I <3 Mr. Ben Folds, and that is indeed a great lyric from a great song.  (hell, pretty much every song on the first two Ben Folds Five albums is awesome.....but I digress)

I flipped a coin between "Evaporated" and "Bitches Ain't Shit"... Wink

[/end hijack]

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray