Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:45:31 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Chris Crocker to start ahead of Jason Allen
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Chris Crocker to start ahead of Jason Allen  (Read 6947 times)
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2008, 11:39:25 am »

for real... wilford got a big payday, don't see him in the starting lineup. keith davis, their homeboy from dallas, cut his ass. i don't see this regime as having too big an ego to not play the right guy if the talent is there. conversely, they are pretty open with cutting ties fast where they were wrong.

The only reason why Wilford is still on this team is his play against New Orleans.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2008, 01:21:14 pm »

The only reason why Wilford is still on this team is his play against New Orleans.
The only reason Wilford is still on this team is because the word "guaranteed" is on his contract.
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2008, 01:26:26 pm »

The only reason Wilford is still on this team is because the word "guaranteed" is on his contract.

OK.... but if he becomes the red zone threat Parcells envisioned him as, do you agree that the Trifecta will forget about his disappointing training camp?
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2008, 01:32:03 pm »

for real... wilford got a big payday, don't see him in the starting lineup. keith davis, their homeboy from dallas, cut his ass. i don't see this regime as having too big an ego to not play the right guy if the talent is there. conversely, they are pretty open with cutting ties fast where they were wrong.

don't forget about McCown
Dphins4me
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2008, 04:10:21 pm »

If Parcells-Ireland-Sparano don't think Allen should be starting, it's probably due to the talent they see, rather than any "croneyism" policy they are following.
  Yeap  :Sarcasm:
Dphins4me
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2008, 04:12:46 pm »

for real... wilford got a big payday, don't see him in the starting lineup.
   Did he earn his spot on the team?   

keith davis, their homeboy from dallas, cut his ass.
He ask to be cut.

i don't see this regime as having too big an ego to not play the right guy if the talent is there. conversely, they are pretty open with cutting ties fast where they were wrong.
  You do not think Parcells lets his ego get in the way? 
Dphins4me
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2008, 04:14:11 pm »

don't forget about McCown
  Yeap, they traded him for a pick.  They got something.  If they had to "Cut" one of them.  Who do you think they would have been?  Beck or McCown?
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2008, 05:06:13 pm »

^ That would be the former of the two.
Rick
Uber Member

« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2008, 05:32:07 pm »

You do not think Parcells lets his ego get in the way? 

NO....Bill Parcells builds winning football teams by doing whats right for the team and organization....the man does have an "ego", but it does not impede his judgement when making football decisions....hell, after all coach parcells has accomplished in the NFL he deserves to have somewhat of an "ego". 

Clearly, Coach Sparano/Ireland/Mr. Parcells see Chris Crocker as a better option then Jason Allen right now....These guys were told all positions were open battles....Crocker must have outperformed Allen in their opinion...I'm fine with that!!! Wink

Its just not football without something to pass around!!
Dphins4me
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2008, 05:40:55 pm »

NO....Bill Parcells builds winning football teams by doing whats right for the team and organization....the man does have an "ego", but it does not impede his judgement when making football decisions....hell, after all coach parcells has accomplished in the NFL he deserves to have somewhat of an "ego". 
  What is so grand about Parcells?   He has never won without his side kick up in NE.

Clearly, Coach Sparano/Ireland/Mr. Parcells see Chris Crocker as a better option then Jason Allen right now....These guys were told all positions were open battles....Crocker must have outperformed Allen in their opinion...I'm fine with that!!! Wink
  They can do what they want & its their team to do with what they want.   As long as they win I'm cool with what they are doing. 

However, in pre-season games Crocker did not out perform Allen.  Crocker was beaten a time or two deep in games because he was out of position.

Its obvious they like to play head games with the players & media.  Just check out Sparano's comment about Ricky & Ronnie today.   After declaring RW the starter, today he kinda went back on it & said you will have to buy a ticket to find out.  He said Ronnie is looking better with more quickness.

They are simply head game players.  If it works, then I'm fine with it, but it can blow up in their fact too.
Dphins4me
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2008, 05:23:11 pm »

I sure hope there is a switch at the position this week.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2008, 05:34:25 pm »

^agreed, Crocker looked bad
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2008, 09:32:16 pm »

The Trifecta are partly to blame for this..... they failed to adress DB's in the draft. 
Dphins4me
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2008, 04:14:13 pm »

The Trifecta are partly to blame for this..... they failed to adress DB's in the draft. 
  You cannot address every weakness on a 1-15 team in one offseason.  For anyone thinking Miami was going to have this grand turnaround & go deep into the playoffs then reality should set in quickly.

Even though they found Thomas in Rd. 6 I still question the drafting of so many lineman in one draft.   Along with Hillard.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray