Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:24:57 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  HUMILIATING LOSS
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: HUMILIATING LOSS  (Read 15847 times)
Philly Fin Fan
Uber Member

philly_fin_fan PhillyDolFan
Email
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2008, 10:53:06 pm »

The sloppy play and excessive penalties were just as bad, if not worse, than the Cameron era.

I'd say they are worse, since we were fed the previously mentioned line about accountability, and everyone was saying Sparano's hard line approach would translate into less mistakes.

However, just like last year, I am not jumping the gun and am willing to give the team time. There's a reason I said only 3 wins in the prediction thread  Wink

"Lo and behold, the National League East belongs to one team and one city, and that's the City of Brotherly Love, baby," Jimmy Rollins
JVides
Uber Member

« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2008, 10:53:43 pm »

I stop hating when they stop losing.  After suffering through Wanny and Scam Cameron, I have zero patience.

Uh oh, I see the Fire Tony Sparano call warming up...

I saw the Dolphins fielding a team that's big and nasty on both lines.  If they get those two sides humming this season and that's all, I'll be happy.  Spend next offseason rounding out the skill positions, and Miami will be set.  There's nothing surprising about losing to Brett Favre.

And one last thing:  If you're surprised by Miami's loss, take a gander at the season projections for this team that were made by the people on this board.  You'll see a lot of 6-10, 7-9, 8-8.  You EXPECT a losing season, don't act surprised that you're GETTING one!

"under wandering stars I've grown
by myself but not alone
I ask no one"
Metallica, "Wherever I may Roam"
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2008, 12:11:06 am »

I'm not saying Sparano should be fired, or anything of the sort.

But for all that talk of "Cameron ran such an undisciplined organization," we certainly didn't look any more disciplined out there, did we?

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2008, 12:13:03 am »

^difference is we had some veterans last year while this year is a youth movement...they're expected do some bone-headed things.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2008, 01:43:36 pm »

However, just like last year, I am not jumping the gun and am willing to give the team time.

Amen...

We should be playing Beck and then bing in Henne down the road. Honestly ... Penny is wasting our time and it's just messing with some of you guys' expectations.

Beck? Beck? I seem to vaguely remember him. Four hooves, stared into headlights a lot? I thought he got run over or something...

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2008, 01:47:07 pm »

I don't see a problem with today's game.

I do.  They lost. 
JVides
Uber Member

« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2008, 02:41:37 pm »

I do.  They lost. 

You predicted 8 wins this year.  If they win next week, guess what?  You're an eighth of the way to being right.

"under wandering stars I've grown
by myself but not alone
I ask no one"
Metallica, "Wherever I may Roam"
AprFools_Phins

On the Coast of Somewhere Beautiful

« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2008, 02:55:41 pm »

Ok i would not say humiliating. I mean we lost what 94% of the time last year, and we were no-where near the mess we were last year. So how can we be humiliated?

run_to_win
Uber Member
Uber Member

« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2008, 04:28:40 pm »

I wonder if the author knows what "humiliating" actually means. 

Anyone remember Dan Marino's last game? 

Hypersensitive bullies should not frequent message boards.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2008, 06:47:05 pm »

^ Embarrassed     Cry
DZA
Uber Member

3rd Infantry Division Veteran

« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2008, 02:50:23 am »

Some of you here act like Miami is supposed to be Elite in one game.  Hey at least the Fins' for once put up touchdowns instead of  meaningless filed goals.  I was disappointed that they could not establish the Run and the passing game blew donkey balls. While there are plenty of negative thing to say about Penny,  Ginn, the secondary;  I saw quite a bit improvement from the crap squad last season.   

Ya it sux they lost and made Farve loveable,  Move On....  Sh Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

yuppi

Email
« Reply #41 on: September 10, 2008, 12:59:32 pm »

as a fan i felt like roadkill

"I guess 0 - 8 brings out the worst in Dolphin fans.  Since we can't beat up on our opponents, we beat up on each other. "
UkDOlphinfan
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray