Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 04:40:21 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Shame of the Game - Jets
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Shame of the Game - Jets  (Read 20858 times)
Frimp
Uber Member

Join us!

billselby9773
WWW Email
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2008, 07:27:11 pm »

Ted Ginn or Brandon Fields. Havent made up my mind yet.

http://www.phinvaders.com 2012 events...stay tuned.
BILL PARCELLS for Ring of Dishonor!!! (and don't forget Eric Green)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2008, 07:30:11 pm »

Good point! Now that you mention it, Jake Long should get the Shame of the Game. Everyone kept hyping how he only had one penalty his entire senior year, and he had two today.

In all seriousness, I think that Jake Long could be considered for SOTG.  He did have two drive-ending penalties -- a holding and a tripping, both 10 yard calls that negated a first down.

But, I think my shame goes to Ted Ginn as well.  He shit the bed on two punt returns that he let bounce, and had (I think) only 2 receptions for minimal yardage.

I drink your milkshake!
bsfins
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2008, 07:54:30 pm »

I don't understand the Ginn pick..He's only limited to how many times the QB throws him the ball...The flea flicker he was open,but Ricky ate it....

I mean if I was going to go upon starter and minimal Impact How about Ricky Williams? 10 carries 24 yards? 4 receptions for 15 yards..yeah 1 was really nice on the final drive....But also Coughed up the ball twice..once fumbling out of bounce,and once at the end of the half...
JVides
Uber Member

« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2008, 07:59:29 pm »

Fields.  He cost Miami field position in a game lost by 6.  The secondary (toasty!), the wideouts (were they playing?) and the D-line (pushed around in the running game) all earned consideration.

"under wandering stars I've grown
by myself but not alone
I ask no one"
Metallica, "Wherever I may Roam"
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2008, 08:00:03 pm »

Ted Ginn...zero production from the player we need to get a lot more out of if this passing game is going to do anything.

I love Jake Long, but Dave's right...he played like a rook out there, and he needs to vet up quick. He gets the dishonorable mention.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2008, 08:04:16 pm »

I don't understand the Ginn pick..He's only limited to how many times the QB throws him the ball...The flea flicker he was open,but Ricky ate it....

My choice for Ginn was more for his lack of production returning punts.  He let two balls bounce in front of him, where he had running lanes and blockers, at a time in the game where we needed field position.

And it's just the cherry on top that he's our #1 receiver, with 10 yards of offense.

I drink your milkshake!
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2008, 08:07:46 pm »

I can see bashing Ginn for the punt returns, but blaming him for anything receiving wise means you don't understand the game IMO. He looked open all day, but Pennington couldn't get him the ball in a catchable position. That isn't his fault. Get real guys.
Philly Fin Fan
Uber Member

philly_fin_fan PhillyDolFan
Email
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2008, 08:13:34 pm »

I can see bashing Ginn for the punt returns, but blaming him for anything receiving wise means you don't understand the game IMO. He looked open all day, but Pennington couldn't get him the ball in a catchable position. That isn't his fault. Get real guys.

Wow. Someone who undertsands the WR position doesn't control the ball!

OK, I can see blaming Ginn for the punt returns. He let a ball bounce right in front of him, instead of moving up a few feet, catching the ball and running. But to say "he only had 2 catches" is kind of silly. You may as well say "Ernest Wilford deserves it because he had zero catches, I don't care if he was inactive."
Now, if Pennington threw to him 13 times and he only had 2 catches, you have a valid point. But again, like I said in another thread, he came up with a huge catch on 4th and 7 when the Fins were driving.

But otherwise- You can't catch what doesn't get thrown your way!

"Lo and behold, the National League East belongs to one team and one city, and that's the City of Brotherly Love, baby," Jimmy Rollins
Defense54
Uber Member

« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2008, 08:13:41 pm »

Ted Ginn or Brandon Fields. Havent made up my mind yet.

I agree 100% above^^^ . Our Special Teams was Yellow bus special, and a special mention for #1 Draft Choice Long. I know it was mostly Rookie Mistakes but it cost us on penalties.

Defense54
Uber Member

« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2008, 08:15:30 pm »

Wow. Someone who undertsands the WR position doesn't control the ball!

OK, I can see blaming Ginn for the punt returns. He let a ball bounce right in front of him, instead of moving up a few feet, catching the ball and running. But to say "he only had 2 catches" is kind of silly. You may as well say "Ernest Wilford deserves it because he had zero catches, I don't care if he was inactive."
Now, if Pennington threw to him 13 times and he only had 2 catches, you have a valid point. But again, like I said in another thread, he came up with a huge catch on 4th and 7 when the Fins were driving.

But otherwise- You can't catch what doesn't get thrown your way!

What has that to do with his lack of any punt returns? I though he was playing left field for the Marlins and trying to catch everything on a bounce.......... Roll Eyes

Philly Fin Fan
Uber Member

philly_fin_fan PhillyDolFan
Email
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2008, 08:18:22 pm »

What has that to do with his lack of any punt returns? I though he was playing left field for the Marlins and trying to catch everything on a bounce.......... Roll Eyes

Did you read my comment, or just glimpse at it? Did you see I was also commenting on someone else's post? Phishfan said he can see giving it to Ginn for his special teams play, but not for his WR play. I was agreeing with him!

"Lo and behold, the National League East belongs to one team and one city, and that's the City of Brotherly Love, baby," Jimmy Rollins
Rick
Uber Member

« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2008, 08:20:21 pm »

Early in the game, Ginn ran a terrible route where Pennigton almost got picked off....Chad looked at Ginn like WTF are you doing.... Phil Simms even commented about Pennington having to adjust to the young and inexpereinced receivers of Miami running bad routes and making mistakes....after that play, Chad seemed to lose some confidence in Ginn....he is SUPPOSE to be Miami's #1 WR, 2 catches for 17 yards.....Also, he made a horrible effort on the last play of the game....AT least, knock it the fuck down!!!!

Its just not football without something to pass around!!
bsfins
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2008, 08:26:24 pm »

Early in the game, Ginn ran a terrible route where Pennigton almost got picked off....Chad looked at Ginn like WTF are you doing.... Phil Simms even commented about Pennington having to adjust to the young and inexpereinced receivers of Miami running bad routes and making mistakes....after that play, Chad seemed to lose some confidence in Ginn....he is SUPPOSE to be Miami's #1 WR, 2 catches for 17 yards.....Also, he made a horrible effort on the last play of the game....AT least, knock it the fuck down!!!!

I thought Pretty much Ass raping the DB as he was trying to deflect the ball,and getting the Pass interference call....was a pretty good attempt at keeping the DB from Intercepting the ball.... Roll Eyes
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2008, 08:35:42 pm »

I thought Pretty much Ass raping the DB as he was trying to deflect the ball,and getting the Pass interference call....was a pretty good attempt at keeping the DB from Intercepting the ball.... Roll Eyes

Seriously. He was all over the guy and was unsuccessful. He wouldn't have had to be up his ass (thanks for the mental picture B) if Pennington had thrown the ball differently. People seem to forget it was a horrible pass that caused Ginn to play DB.

I would love to know when this "bad route" by Ginn happened early in the game. He was only thrown to twice in the first quarter, one a deep play that Pennington messed up and a third down play on the same drive that Penning ton underthrew.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2008, 08:35:58 pm »

The int at the end shouldn't be considered the fault of Pennington or Ginn.  It was a desperation play because they were out of time.  Ginn did his best to wrap the guy up and Pennington had to throw the ball somewhere.   You eventually had to go "all in".  The mistakes were made well before that play.

I drink your milkshake!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray