Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:19:55 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Shame of the Game - Jets
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: Shame of the Game - Jets  (Read 20860 times)
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2008, 08:46:27 pm »

I would love to know when this "bad route" by Ginn happened early in the game.

Ginn ran a post pattern on the first or second drive and instead of cutting under the corner he went over the top of him...the CB should have had an INT
Rick
Uber Member

« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2008, 09:02:34 pm »

Ginn ran a post pattern on the first or second drive and instead of cutting under the corner he went over the top of him...the CB should have had an INT

Thanks Tenshot13.....I'm glad to know some of us are paying attention to the games before we make comments about others comments!!! Wink  That was an absolutely HORRIBLE route run by Tedd Ginn, and it almost cost Miami an INT.

Ginn played bad on offense AND special teams, that is why he is my Shame of the Game!!

Its just not football without something to pass around!!
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2008, 11:41:22 pm »

Anyone who gives the shame to anyone other than a DB is delusional.

I just can't decide between Chris Crocker, Andre Goodman, or Renaldo Hill.

I'm going with Goodman.  He's a liability and he sucks.  I think Crocker is a terrible safety and Hill broke off his coverage and let the Jets' WR catch a jump ball at the goal line on 4th and 13.  Who does that?

Andre Goodman sucks, and our secondary (not including Will Allen) is pathetic.
run_to_win
Uber Member
Uber Member

« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2008, 02:46:16 am »

Good point! Now that you mention it, Jake Long should get the Shame of the Game. Everyone kept hyping how he only had one penalty his entire senior year, and he had two today. Add to that the fact that Matt Ryan, drafted two picks after him, threw a 60 yard TD on his first NFL pass. Long didn't do enough to help the team win  Wink

For those ready to start arguing with me, this post was meant tongue in cheek!
I figured there'd be a serious dedicated "we should have drafted Matt Ryan" thread within a half hour of his first pass.

Hypersensitive bullies should not frequent message boards.
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2008, 12:34:26 pm »

Jake Long - personally derailed two drives.  Thanks, Jake.

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2008, 12:39:41 pm »

^^ I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed the importance of that.

I drink your milkshake!
Philly Fin Fan
Uber Member

philly_fin_fan PhillyDolFan
Email
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2008, 12:45:40 pm »

^^ I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed the importance of that.

I noticed it as well. Remember, I made the initial joke about it. The only reason I didn't pick him is because I'm a realist and it was his first ever NFL start. I expect a few rookie errors. I don't want to sound like other people calling for a rookie to get cut because he didn't give instant gratification.

"Lo and behold, the National League East belongs to one team and one city, and that's the City of Brotherly Love, baby," Jimmy Rollins
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2008, 12:47:02 pm »

A lot of things went wrong in this game.  

1:  Special teams gave the Jets the ball, on average, at the 43.  I think Matt Cassell could direct a couple scoring drives from mid field when given the ball there four times.  

2:  The routes that WRs were running were brutal.  What professional WR runs a route and allows the defender to get between him and the ball?  Ginn did that over and over.

3:  I thought Pennington looked sharp but you could tell the inconsistent route running got to him, his passes were about ankle height because he was afraid of making a mistake.

4:  The schemes, defensively, were bad on two of the scores.  Brian can complain about the db's all he likes, am I the only one that noticed that our defensive coordinator had a cover-1 called on that long touchdown pass?  It was, what?  3rd and a mile and we're running a cover-1 with (at the time) inconsistant pass rushing?  Horrible call, there should have been more help on that play.

But the kicker of them all was Jake 'I'm Rich' Long screwing two effective drives with bone headed calls.  Sticking out his leg and tripping someone (I think people in the upper deck could see him do that) and getting his lunch handed to him and having to hold so Chad didn't get killed - two holding calls killed two drives.  That's not to mention two of the sacks he allowed when he was completed schooled and allowed Pennington to get drilled on the blindside twice on 2nd and shorts in two different drives.

Long killed this team more than the other errors.  SOG goes to Jake.

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
jtex316
Uber Member

2011 NFC East Champions!

« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2008, 01:10:30 pm »

Cam Cameron and Hudson Houck get the SOTG this game. What the hell were they thinking sending Chris Chambers out of the game and having Trent Green hand it off to Lorenzo Booker on 4th and 9 from your own 21 yard line? Cameron should be given his walking papers immediately!!!

Oh wait, that was last season Smiley

This season, Ted Ginn Jr. for being "Mr. Invisible". When you're the #1 WR on the team, 10 yards will get you the SOTG every time. And yes, I understand the game - QBs aren't going to always throw it to you if you can't get open, route or no route.

Giants: '56 NFL Champs; Super Bowl XXI, XXV, XLII Champs
Guru-In-Vegas
Uber Member

I found it cheaper on the internet

« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2008, 01:13:08 pm »

During the game it was a toss up between Ginn, Pennington, Punter ( he deserves no name ), 1st overall Long, and Goodman.  

Then by process of elimination, I came to Ginn and Goodman for already mentioned reasons.  A very difficult choice to make as both were not only useless but costly to the team.  In the end, it's Ginn.  Altough I do have to say how shitty Goodman is.  It's beyond me how that douche is still playing for us.  I hated him 2 years ago, I hate him now.  

Ginn, YOU SUCK!  On that last play, on that last drive which was going to inject a new feeling of revival to our team you got boxed out like a 3 year old girl midget.  This clown looked totally helpless!  F-YOU Ginn.  Way to hustle, you bitch.
Defense54
Uber Member

« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2008, 03:11:57 pm »

I noticed it as well. Remember, I made the initial joke about it. The only reason I didn't pick him is because I'm a realist and it was his first ever NFL start. I expect a few rookie errors. I don't want to sound like other people calling for a rookie to get cut because he didn't give instant gratification.

I mentioned it as well.............as yes, for a #1 overall draftpick I expect more then what we recived yesterday. Tell me he is being too agressive or maybe he stepped too quick. Thats a Rookie Mistake. He was plain getting BEAT.  We had No run game to speak off becuase the blocking sucked like a crack whore with the Navy in town. I expect Orlando Pace blocking from  O lineman #1 overall draft pick. They need to start making signing bonuses conditional on ones performance.  Tongue

simeon
Uber Member

« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2008, 10:00:10 am »

I have three shame of the game awards to hand out.
1.Ted Ginn Jr- Stunk up the field and was a non factor all game long, at least his uniform was clean.
2.Jake Long- The guy was looked like a burnt piece of toast, he tripped and held people because they were blowing by him.
3.Carpenter- The kid was suppose to have a strong leg, but didn't come close to a touch back. He kicked one ball out of bounds giving the jets great field position. I mean how big is a field is that hard to keep it in bounds ?

John 3:16  For God so loved the world that he sent his only begotten son, and whom ever shall believe in Him shall not die but have everlasting life.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2008, 04:54:16 pm »

Ginn needs to spend some time in the weight room.  I don't care how fast he supposedly is, in the NFL you need to use some musle at every position, he looked like a little girl trying to get her ball away from the playground bully.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2008, 07:40:16 pm »

3.Carpenter- The kid was suppose to have a strong leg, but didn't come close to a touch back. He kicked one ball out of bounds giving the jets great field position. I mean how big is a field is that hard to keep it in bounds ?

Carpenter had a touchback that went about half-way into the endzone.

I drink your milkshake!
bsfins
« Reply #44 on: September 10, 2008, 10:19:54 am »

I just wanted to say...I've now watched the game 3 times,(NFL has it on NFL replay this week, You can watch it again 1 pm Est,12 C time) I also watched the shortcuts version on the free preview of Superfan.I mwatched
Jake long on offense,and Channing crowder on defense...

I have to say I was wrong,Frimp was right, Crowder was playing better than I thought....

Jake long did a pretty good job,on both of "His Penalties" I wonder if any of you just happened to notice,that our Left Guard Justin Smiley was beat badly to the Inside.Leaving the End/LB a nice big whol to run through....For his first NFL game....I was surprised to see Vernon Carey,and Samson Satele look so bad,getting beat quite abit...
« Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 10:23:23 am by Lil B » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray