Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 07:26:27 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Shame of the Game - Jets
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: Shame of the Game - Jets  (Read 20862 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2008, 12:00:14 am »

BTW, Goodman got fucking hosed on that PI call.

The refs always seem to screw us and I'm getting sick of it

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #46 on: September 11, 2008, 06:44:23 am »

BTW, Goodman got fucking hosed on that PI call.

The refs always seem to screw us and I'm getting sick of it

I've said this before and I'll say it again.  Players need to stand up for their team and punch the officials in the face.  If the officials fear retaliation by players if they make a bad call, they won't make a bad call.
Jim Gray
Global Moderator
Uber Member

'72 - The Perfect Season

texasjimgray
« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2008, 06:27:45 pm »

I've said this before and I'll say it again.  Players need to stand up for their team and punch the officials in the face.  If the officials fear retaliation by players if they make a bad call, they won't make a bad call.

I've said this before and I'll say it again - this is the most asinine comment I've ever read on this board.   I'll ask the same question I asked you when you made this statement before - do you really think having officials fear physical attack from the players would lead to better officiating?

simeon
Uber Member

« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2008, 06:48:23 pm »

Tommy what player in their right mind would jeopardize their future in the league, and it would most likely lead to law suits and jail time.
This isn't barbaric like Eurpoean soccer.

John 3:16  For God so loved the world that he sent his only begotten son, and whom ever shall believe in Him shall not die but have everlasting life.
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #49 on: September 11, 2008, 08:01:48 pm »

I've said this before and I'll say it again - this is the most asinine comment I've ever read on this board.   I'll ask the same question I asked you when you made this statement before - do you really think having officials fear physical attack from the players would lead to better officiating?

Damn right I do. 

Tommy what player in their right mind would jeopardize their future in the league, and it would most likely lead to law suits and jail time.
This isn't barbaric like Eurpoean soccer.

One player it would jeopardize their future.  But when other players start standing up for themelves and their teammates.... let's just say you can't suspend everyone. 
bsfins
« Reply #50 on: September 11, 2008, 08:30:43 pm »

It's a Game Tommy.... Roll Eyes  You're an idiot...
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #51 on: September 11, 2008, 09:15:02 pm »

A player can't physically attack a ref. because said player thinks that ref. made a bad call, just like it's a bad idea to land a hay maker on a cop for giving you a ticket that you don't think you deserve.

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #52 on: September 12, 2008, 12:10:38 am »

^^^^^

Actually, maybe I should have tried that when I got my ticket

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Philly Fin Fan
Uber Member

philly_fin_fan PhillyDolFan
Email
« Reply #53 on: September 12, 2008, 12:13:16 am »

^^^^^

Actually, maybe I should have tried that when I got my ticket

Try it next time you get pulled over and let us know how that works out for you.

"Lo and behold, the National League East belongs to one team and one city, and that's the City of Brotherly Love, baby," Jimmy Rollins
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #54 on: September 12, 2008, 06:27:22 am »

It's a Game Tommy.... Roll Eyes  You're an idiot...

Say hi to your Uncle Dad for me.
bsfins
« Reply #55 on: September 12, 2008, 09:37:52 am »

Roll Eyes  Are you still in 3rd grade there Tommy....I just said what everyone was thinking....
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 09:39:38 am by Lil B » Logged
Jim Gray
Global Moderator
Uber Member

'72 - The Perfect Season

texasjimgray
« Reply #56 on: September 12, 2008, 11:47:05 am »

Tommy, your position is indefensible.  I can't believe I'm even having a debate over this. 

If the players control the officiating through intimidation, there are no rules.  Suggesting that players should retaliate against officials, and that somehow that would solve the problem of poor officiating is braindead.  Period. 

The idea that if enough players do it, the league won't be able to do anything about it is braindead.  Period.

Before you wrote this, did you consider any previous incidents where a participant attacked an official, and how the fans responded?  Just look at the outrage over the Angel Matos attack on the Taikwondo official during the Olympics.  To suggest fans would tolerate thugs attacking officials is braindead.  Period.

There is one example I can think of where participants attack officials.  It's allowed and even encouraged.  The fans love it........but it's not a sport.....it's entertainment  and it's fake.  Perhaps you are confusing wrestling with real sports.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #57 on: September 12, 2008, 03:35:50 pm »

^^^^

BTW, are you UK Dolfan?

Jim Gray
Global Moderator
Uber Member

'72 - The Perfect Season

texasjimgray
« Reply #58 on: September 13, 2008, 12:01:45 am »

^^^^

BTW, are you UK Dolfan?

I used to be UK_Dolfan, but I no longer like in England so I changed my name at the beginning of season.
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #59 on: September 13, 2008, 01:44:14 am »

I read a story in either ESPN or SI. a couple of years ago about a Rugby player physically attacking a ref. 10 year ban for a player that was then in his mid 30's. Career over.

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray