Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:40:33 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Question for those who watched the game
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Question for those who watched the game  (Read 3936 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: September 07, 2008, 09:56:18 pm »

I heard we ran a flea flicker and Ginn was open, but Ricky didn't throw.

Is that true?  In what quarter did we run that play?

Give me the specifics

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2008, 10:19:39 pm »

We did run what looked like a flea flicker.  I don't remember the quarter...3rd maybe.

Ricky was given the handoff, but by the time time he started to turn around, he had a guy coming right at him, so he elected to hold on to the ball and take the hit, rather than risk getting hit during the pitch.  The analysts on TV said that Ricky might've run too far, as he was almost back up to the line.  I believe the pressure came from a blitz.

I didn't even realize that it was a flea-flicker until they said it and ran it in slow motion.  In real-time, it looked like a handoff, where Ricky stopped and got hit.  It happened really quickly.

I drink your milkshake!
Philly Fin Fan
Uber Member

philly_fin_fan PhillyDolFan
Email
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2008, 10:22:48 pm »

You couldn't tell it was a flea flicker? He turned back towards Pennington, which gave it away for me.

And to answer- Phil Simms said that Ginn was behind the defenders and was wide open, but it was off camera (at least I think it was), so we have to take his word on it.

"Lo and behold, the National League East belongs to one team and one city, and that's the City of Brotherly Love, baby," Jimmy Rollins
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2008, 10:27:20 pm »

^^ Ricky didn't turn all the way back....he only made it about half way, until he saw the guy coming.  I probably also wasn't playing attention that closely.

The play wasn't developed far enough along to really tell what went wrong.  I don't think they were expecting that kind of pressure on the play.

I drink your milkshake!
run_to_win
Uber Member
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2008, 02:42:57 am »

From my POV, a defender or two in the Miami backfield disrupted the play.  It was a smart play by Ricky to take the loss rather than risk the turnover.   

Hypersensitive bullies should not frequent message boards.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2008, 10:17:20 am »

I saw the play, if Ricky had tried to pitch it back, there's a good chance it would have been a fumble.  Too bad.
Defense54
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2008, 08:34:24 am »

It was kinda screwed up. Shit happens. I hope they keep it in the arsenal. Not Ginns fault.

Doc-phin
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2008, 07:28:51 pm »

I yelled out flea flicker the moment Ricky turned back... and his sorry ass looked like a deer in the headlights.  It was obviously a flea flicker and the defense bit hard.  Ricky ran too far up to an extent but mostly he looked like a rookie out there.  In my opinion, he definately had time to get the ball back to Pennington without a major risk of turning the ball over.
Ledbetterman10

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2008, 06:13:33 pm »

looked like a busted play to me. The defense got to Ricky before he could pitch.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray