Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:10:35 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Add Nick Buoniconti to the list of Ginn doubters.........
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Add Nick Buoniconti to the list of Ginn doubters.........  (Read 7471 times)
run_to_win
Uber Member
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2008, 01:46:21 pm »

Miami is young.  Young players make mistake more often than vets & have a great deal to learn.  Give them a freakin chance.
The Dolphins didn't get to where they'rre at by giving players a chance to develop!!!  Bench 'em all and bring in new players.  STAY THE COURSE!!!  The worst they could do is lose and the current players have already done that!

Grin 

Hypersensitive bullies should not frequent message boards.
simeon
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2008, 03:03:24 pm »

Ted Ginn looked really good in preseason and it appear him and Chad had something going. But week one was horrible they guy did not contribute to this team. He played like a #4 receiver. But this was only week one let's hope he starts showing up and showing flash like he did in preseason. Let;s see what this kid can do, but do agree if he don't step up then he is gone next year.

John 3:16  For God so loved the world that he sent his only begotten son, and whom ever shall believe in Him shall not die but have everlasting life.
Defense54
Uber Member

« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2008, 05:02:55 pm »

I think Ginn has a place on this team.  He's probably not going to be the #1 receiver that we thought, but he can return kicks and play the slot.

Really?

Return Statistics Kickoffs Punts
NAME ATT YDS FC AVG LNG TD ATT YDS FC AVG LNG TD
Ted Ginn Jr. 0 0 0 0.0 0 0 3 13 0 4.3 9 0
Totals     4 69 0 17.3 21 0 4 38 0 9.5 25 0

I'm sorry , but when you draft the #9 overall player , and the only thing he can contribute is whats above ^^ Its time for you guys to Call him a bust and stop calling us Cameron Haters.   Results speak for themselves.

ethurst2
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2008, 05:07:24 pm »

I think Ginn has a place on this team.  He's probably not going to be the #1 receiver that we thought, but he can return kicks and play the slot.

Dave, how can he play the slot when he is scared to go over the middle? He's running his patterns behind the DB's because he doesn't want to get crunched. They should just work with him on go routes and deep comebacks like Shula did with Duper. Notice that you rarely saw Mark Duper catch a ball over the middle. That was Claytons job. Duper was always headed for the post or flag.

Speed guys HATE going over the middle (see Randy Moss reference).
Dphins4me
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2008, 10:23:27 pm »

I'm sorry , but when you draft the #9 overall player , and the only thing he can contribute is whats above ^^ Its time for you guys to Call him a bust and stop calling us Cameron Haters.   Results speak for themselves.

The start of Yr 2 for a Wr.  The general rule of thumb for Wr is two full years of development.

Yes, there have been some that have came on sooner, but the majority fall on the developmental side of things.

You guys should run the Phins.  They are about as impatience with rookies & young players.
Dphins4me
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2008, 10:26:51 pm »

Dave, how can he play the slot when he is scared to go over the middle? He's running his patterns behind the DB's because he doesn't want to get crunched.
You have this info how?  Its speculation on your part.  He could have simply made a mistake.

They should just work with him on go routes and deep comebacks like Shula did with Duper. Notice that you rarely saw Mark Duper catch a ball over the middle. That was Claytons job. Duper was always headed for the post or flag.
That maybe be his calling.  You do not ask a 190 Rb to run between the tackles & you might not should ask a smallish Wr to go across the middle.

Speed guys HATE going over the middle (see Randy Moss reference).
  Yeap & black men are to stupid to play Qb.

Nothing like a good generalization.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 08:35:55 am by Dphins4me » Logged
ethurst2
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2008, 12:44:12 am »

You this info how?  Its speculation on your part.  He could have simply made a mistake.
 That maybe be he calling.  You do not ask a 190 Rb to run between the tackles & you might not should ask a smallish Wr to go across the middle.

Mark Duper - Look at the highlights...if Duper ran patterns they were take offs and deep square in's because Marino could throw the ball on time with those type of patterns. Clayton was the possession receiver. The rap on Duper as a rookie was he couldn't get out of his stance and run certain patterns. he was a track guy. I know because I lived across the street from Biscayne College and watched the Dolphins practice everyday. Duper broke his leg in his rookie season and didn't play until Marino got to Miami.

I'll give you a bunch of speed guys...James Jett, Renaldo Nehemiah, Wesley Walker, James Lofton, Alvin Harper, Joey Galloway, Terry Glenn and Randy Moss. You won't find those guys going over the middle and Moss has a reputation for having alligator arms if he has to run a crossing route.

Take a tape of Jerry Rice or Paul Warfield. They are the best in NFL History in running routes. The rap on Ginn has been route running ever since he got to Miami. Remember? That's why Cam was booed?

That's dumb. Ginn gets paid to play receiver. I don't think that they put in contracts the routes that they will run or not run. Look at Steve Smith of Carolina. He's small and gets hammered. Hines Ward is smallish.

190 pound running backs running between tackles? Try Warrick Dunn. I think he's in his 12 year of doing it.

I hope that you realize that I am black and said nothing about color or genralizations in this thread. And since you mentioned it, I'll give you some white guys that were speed guys, Lance Alworth. Roger Carr (Balitmore Colts ran a 4.24), Tim Dwight.

I think that most people on this board know that the Dolphins have not had receivers since Gadsden and McDuffie who consistently run good patterns. They were the slowest but they always got seperation and got open. When Chambers got clunked out here in Denver, he started hearing footsteps most of the time and it did affect his play.

If sportscasters that were wide receivers are talking about his route running then I don't think it's speculation.
Dphins4me
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2008, 09:32:58 am »

Mark Duper - Look at the highlights...if Duper ran patterns they were take offs and deep square in's because Marino could throw the ball on time with those type of patterns. Clayton was the possession receiver. The rap on Duper as a rookie was he couldn't get out of his stance and run certain patterns. he was a track guy. I know because I lived across the street from Biscayne College and watched the Dolphins practice everyday. Duper broke his leg in his rookie season and didn't play until Marino got to Miami.
Not arguing on Duper.  I think you are 100% correct.

I'll give you a bunch of speed guys...James Jett, Renaldo Nehemiah, Wesley Walker, James Lofton, Alvin Harper, Joey Galloway, Terry Glenn and Randy Moss. You won't find those guys going over the middle and Moss has a reputation for having alligator arms if he has to run a crossing route.
Did you actually use Renaldo Nehemiah?   

Those guys may have.  However, that does not mean "all" speed Wr do not. 

Usually it is the slower guys that go across the middle not because they are braver, but because its the only way they can play in the league.

Take a tape of Jerry Rice or Paul Warfield. They are the best in NFL History in running routes. The rap on Ginn has been route running ever since he got to Miami. Remember? That's why Cam was booed?
Yes, its been his route running.  Quality route running is generally something a Wr learns after they come into the NFL.  Very few college Wr come into the NFL as good route runners.  Usually in college a top WR is capable of simply being physically better & not needing to work as hard on the aspects of route running. 

That's dumb. Ginn gets paid to play receiver. I don't think that they put in contracts the routes that they will run or not run. Look at Steve Smith of Carolina. He's small and gets hammered. Hines Ward is smallish.
Hines Ward has to go across the middle to play in the NFL & lets point out he is about 25Lbs bigger than Ginn. 

Also & something to not ignore,  some guys are simply tougher than others.

190 pound running backs running between tackles? Try Warrick Dunn. I think he's in his 12 year of doing it.
So one player.  This is like the two pack a day smoker who points to the one who did not die from lung cancer while ignoring the other 100K that did.

I hope that you realize that I am black and said nothing about color or genralizations in this thread. And since you mentioned it, I'll give you some white guys that were speed guys, Lance Alworth. Roger Carr (Balitmore Colts ran a 4.24), Tim Dwight.
Don't care that you are black & the fact you are should have driven the point home that generalizations are not a very smart way to go. 

You were generalizing speed guys & my comment was a generalization that once went on with black men playing QB in the NFL.    I think its prove that generalization was incorrect.

Alworth went across the middle, so there is your Warrick Dunn for the Wr.

I think that most people on this board know that the Dolphins have not had receivers since Gadsden and McDuffie who consistently run good patterns. They were the slowest but they always got seperation and got open. When Chambers got clunked out here in Denver, he started hearing footsteps most of the time and it did affect his play.
  Not going to disagree.  Miami has not had a quality Wr since McDuffie & that is not to say he was anything special.  He was a great slot guy.  I cannot recall the last time Miami had a top flight Wr.

As for Chambers.   I'd heard footsteps after that hit.

If sportscasters that were wide receivers are talking about his route running then I don't think it's speculation.
His route running needs to improve, just like 95% of young Wrs.  Ever wonder why the rule of thumb that its Yr. 3 for a Wr to break out?
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 09:34:34 am by Dphins4me » Logged
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2008, 11:37:33 am »

There is a vast difference between making a generalization about someone's ability to play a position based on the color of their skin (which has nothing to do with anything), and making a generalization about a player's tendencies/preferences based on their body size and actual athletic ability (which is quite powerfully relevant).

Defense54
Uber Member

« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2008, 12:12:40 pm »

You do know that ethurst is black don't you?     Huh

Dphins4me
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2008, 02:06:00 pm »

There is a vast difference between making a generalization about someone's ability to play a position based on the color of their skin (which has nothing to do with anything), and making a generalization about a player's tendencies/preferences based on their body size and actual athletic ability (which is quite powerfully relevant).
  The only reason you see a difference is my was based on skin color.  The fact is you are still projecting something onto another person based solely on a unrelated criteria that has no bearing on the subject matter.   There has been small fast WR that will go over the middle.   Its a personal thing for each player, not a speed thing for all Wr..

I would think on reason people say most speed Wr do not like to go over the middle is because they have never been ask to since their speed was always used to go deep.

He was not making a tendency about one player.  He lumped "all" speed WR into the same category.  Which was wrong, just as the old generalization I used has been proven wrong..

I'm sure there are a bunch of speed Wr that will not go over the middle, just as there has been many a black Qb who could not play the position in the NFL.  However, to say "all" is wrong on both counts.

Each player stand on his own merit.
Dphins4me
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2008, 02:08:01 pm »

You do know that ethurst is black don't you?     Huh
  Didn't know, nor did I care.   Had I known I still would have made the same comment.

The comment was about making generalizations of people & since he is black, then one would think he should know doing so is wrong.
Defense54
Uber Member

« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2008, 02:14:10 pm »

Didn't know, nor did I care.   Had I known I still would have made the same comment.

The comment was about making generalizations of people & since he is black, then one would think he should know doing so is wrong.

No. there is a difference between a racist comment and a generalization. I'm not saying that you made one , but you should learn where to apply the two. Case being you suggested that euthurst would have made or agreed with such a statement.  Please pick your examples more wisely. You should care. Last month I made a few statements that were taken the wrong way and I'm trying hard not to repeat myself becuase its just common decency. Nothing wrong with making a mistake .......but man up and correct it.

run_to_win
Uber Member
Uber Member

« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2008, 02:34:44 pm »

[tangent]

I don't understand why we have to pretend that certain generalizations/stereotypes don't exist depending on the skin color of the person we're talking to.

[/tangent]

Hypersensitive bullies should not frequent message boards.
Dphins4me
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2008, 02:34:51 pm »

Replying in the " Off Topic Forum "

Do not want to get this thread Lock for being off topic.

http://www.thedolphinsmakemecry.com/forums/index.php?topic=12162.0
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray