Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:58:19 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  A couple of other questions about the Jets game
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: A couple of other questions about the Jets game  (Read 1764 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: September 11, 2008, 12:09:28 pm »

1)  Why is Dave Bess returning kicks?  I know Ginn struggled with punts, but still, he's better at returning kicks than Bess.  Why not use Ginn as much as we can?

2)  If Dave Martin and Fasano keep performing the way they did on Sunday, could we use both in a two tight end offense?  Or could we trade one for a draft pick?

3)  We are gearing for a playoff run in 2009 right?  Who is our quarterback for that run?  Pennington?  or Henne?  If Pennington isn't going to be our quarterback in 2009, how long do we give him before we turn it over to Beck?

4) Camarillo made some nice plays in the game.  Does he fit into future plans?

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Tepop84
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2008, 12:12:52 pm »

If Pennington isn't going to be our quarterback in 2009, how long do we give him before we turn it over to Beck?

I would say atleast until he is physically unable to make it on the field. 
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2008, 12:22:35 pm »

1.) Ginn is our #1 WR.  We don't need to have our #1 WR on the field returning punts when Davone Bess isn't that much of a downgrade in the return game.

2.) You always want 2 decent TE's but I doubt David MArtin is worth anything.

3.) Pennington is our QB until he can't or doesn't want to be anymore.  Henne might be the future, but I see no rush to get either of them on the field until the WIN the job.

4.) Camarillo could develop into the next Wes Welker, but I doubt he'll ever be anything more than a slot receiver in this league.
simeon
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2008, 12:37:38 pm »

1.) Ginn is our #1 WR.  We don't need to have our #1 WR on the field returning punts when Davone Bess isn't that much of a downgrade in the return game.

2.) You always want 2 decent TE's but I doubt David MArtin is worth anything.

3.) Pennington is our QB until he can't or doesn't want to be anymore.  Henne might be the future, but I see no rush to get either of them on the field until the WIN the job.

4.) Camarillo could develop into the next Wes Welker, but I doubt he'll ever be anything more than a slot receiver in this league.
I agree with everything you said, however if Ginn is going to be the #1 receiver he needs to start playing like one.

John 3:16  For God so loved the world that he sent his only begotten son, and whom ever shall believe in Him shall not die but have everlasting life.
Defense54
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2008, 01:29:35 pm »

I agree with everything you said, however if Ginn is going to be the #1 receiver he needs to start playing like one.

He needs to start playing period.  Indifferent

fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2008, 03:36:28 pm »

3)  We are gearing for a playoff run in 2009 right?  Who is our quarterback for that run?  Pennington?  or Henne?  If Pennington isn't going to be our quarterback in 2009, how long do we give him before we turn it over to Beck?

I don't know if that's the claim, but NO, I don't think we are. We should be much better in 2009, for sure, but a lot of talent will have to be drafted that year to get there... and the talent from this years' draft has to work out (looks promising, though).

I see us winning 8 or 9 games next year if things work out VERY well. Sure, we could mortgage our future and make a run at the playoffs, but it just wouldn't be worth it - and it isn't Parcells' style. To get to 10+ wins next year (i.e. a playoff spot) without selling out, we need to find a true playmaker. Someone like Troy Polamalu, Steve Smith, Freeney, Hester etc. PLUS everything else has to work out very well. Someone who can single handedly change a game.

We might, but the odds aren't exactly good. Personally, I would be thrilled with 6 wins this year, 8-9 next and 10-11 in 2010.

So, bottom line, I don't see how this ISN'T a 3 year project.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray