Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:21:12 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Sean Ryan packs up and leaves
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Sean Ryan packs up and leaves  (Read 1874 times)
YoFuggedaboutit
« on: September 11, 2008, 08:12:38 pm »

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/breaking-news/story/682506.html

Hmmmmmmmmmm, wonder why this happened?
Philly Fin Fan
Uber Member

philly_fin_fan PhillyDolFan
Email
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2008, 10:24:13 pm »

Kind of weird. Maybe they just signed him in order to get an inside edge on the Jets for game one?  Wink

I found the last part of t article funny too. They are trying to "find places for Wilford on special teams" in order to justify dressing him this weekend. That sounds like Bust to me. (notice I used a capital B)

"Lo and behold, the National League East belongs to one team and one city, and that's the City of Brotherly Love, baby," Jimmy Rollins
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2008, 06:01:22 am »

Kind of weird. Maybe they just signed him in order to get an inside edge on the Jets for game one?  Wink

I found the last part of t article funny too. They are trying to "find places for Wilford on special teams" in order to justify dressing him this weekend. That sounds like Bust to me. (notice I used a capital B)

Either that or their one man short on special teams if they have to deactivate someone in order to activate Wilford. 

He's the tallest guy we have in the receiving corps and a known red zone threat.  We really could've used him against the Jets. 
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2008, 08:06:57 am »

Either that or their one man short on special teams if they have to deactivate someone in order to activate Wilford. 

He's the tallest guy we have in the receiving corps and a known red zone threat.  We really could've used him against the Jets. 

Apparently he sucks Wink. Seriously, if the Trifecta aren't even going to activate him, despite being "their guy" and earning tons of guaranteed money, then he really must suck.

Do note that recently signed Brandon London is also 6-4.

And so are Fasano and Martin, so we could use tight ends in the Red Zone (although TEs don't provide the same opportunities for mismatches in long-field situations).
Doc-phin
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2008, 10:26:08 am »

Hmmmmmmmmmm, wonder why this happened?

I heard on Sirius Satellite radio that the Dolphins picked up a "tackle" (Offensive or Defensive, I don't know) from the Bears.  To make room they cut Ryan.

As too the comments on Wilford... It was a big mistake not playing him against the Jets (IMO).  I think they were trying to send Wilford a message about dropping the ball, but it turns out the only message they sent was that we can't win with our small receivers.  I am fairly certain he will play this week. 
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray