Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:12:41 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Ring of Dishonor
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Ring of Dishonor  (Read 5824 times)
YoFuggedaboutit
« on: September 15, 2008, 08:00:46 am »

Seeing Anquan Boldin torch our secondary yesterday should get Wanny inducted for sure now.  I still seethe when I think of how Wanny passed on him in favor of Eddie Fucking Moore!!!!
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2008, 08:11:47 am »

To be fair, so did the Panthers, Broncos, Browns and Jets after us (and considering he was taken 54th overall, so did a lot of teams before us).

(Well, not in favor of Eddie Moore, of course... which should be what Wanny is judged against in this case)
Thundergod
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2008, 10:52:12 am »

Anquan's draft position tells me one thing.  NFL teams had major concerns about him.   Wink Cheesy Grin

« Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 11:44:43 am by Thundergod » Logged
gocowboys31
Uber Member

F$U sucks!!!!!!!

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2008, 12:38:17 pm »

To be fair, so did the Panthers, Broncos, Browns and Jets after us (and considering he was taken 54th overall, so did a lot of teams before us).

(Well, not in favor of Eddie Moore, of course... which should be what Wanny is judged against in this case)

I can bet you none of those teams needed at WR as bad as the dolphins. Derrius Thompson was the WR that had been elevated and he failed. The pathetic part of it was Boldin played 7 hrs north and his games were on TV every freakin week. All the guy did was make plays in college despite his lack of gamebreaking speed.

Eddie Moore was a decent LB in college, but wanny drafted him to be a special teams player. Only wanny could screw up something so obvious.

Some teams play for the BCS title, some teams play in the Emerald bowl.  Urban Meyer
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2008, 12:53:18 pm »

Eddie Moore was a decent LB in college, but wanny drafted him to be a special teams player. Only wanny could screw up something so obvious.

Not to mention that most draft experts didn't even have Eddie Moore going on day one. 
Dphins4me
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2008, 03:20:12 pm »

Anquan's draft position tells me one thing.  NFL teams had major concerns about him. 
  His speed was the reason he was draft where he was.
raptorsfan29
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2008, 10:59:25 am »

His speed was the reason he was draft where he was.

regardless of where he was drafted, couldn't wanny had drafted a better DB, you know one that was actually picked to go in the first round.
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2008, 02:25:05 pm »

I agree!  Anquan Boldin for the Ring of Dishonor!

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2008, 02:57:24 pm »

I agree!  Anquan Boldin for the Ring of Dishonor!
Second that. Do we have a quorum?

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
Frimp
Uber Member

Join us!

billselby9773
WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2008, 01:03:31 am »

Eric Gre...

Aww to hell with it...ITS BEEN 2 FRIGGIN YEARS!!! PUT ANYBODY UP THERE!!!!!!!!

http://www.phinvaders.com 2012 events...stay tuned.
BILL PARCELLS for Ring of Dishonor!!! (and don't forget Eric Green)
Guru-In-Vegas
Uber Member

I found it cheaper on the internet

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2008, 04:33:04 pm »

I think Wannstedt trumps anyone already on there.  Maybe not Olivadotti but it sure is a hell of a competition.
Deof Movestofca

Welcome to Perfectville

Email
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2008, 04:25:10 am »

Eric Gre...

Aww to hell with it...ITS BEEN 2 FRIGGIN YEARS!!! PUT ANYBODY UP THERE!!!!!!!!
How about George Wilson, both Sr. and Jr.?  If someone is going to draft his son, he should first make sure he can play.

Windows MD Fanatic Edition
doctord56
Uber Member

first dolphin game attended 11/6/66 bills29 fins 0

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2008, 06:19:36 pm »

How about George Wilson, both Sr. and Jr.?  If someone is going to draft his son, he should first make sure he can play.

Speaking as the old man on this site, who was actually in the Orange Bowl and saw George Wilson JR throw passes in 1966:

George Wilson Jr. played QB for the dolphins during their first season, in 1966. He wasn't a very good QB, but he was a tough kid who played his heart out on a bad team with no O-line, frequently running for his life. He has done nothing to merit ROD consideration. Besides that, he wasn't drafted by the dolphins.

George Wilson Sr. certainly wasn't a great coach for Miami, but he was there when the team acquired Griese, Csonka, Kiick, Morris, Twilley, Seiple, Little, Buoniconti, Stanfill, Anderson, Evans, Crusan, Fernandez, Heinz...all of whom were key players and the core of  the superbowl teams. That's four Hall of Famers there, the rest excellent to good solid starters. For his role in acquiring these men, Wilson Sr. does not merit ROD consideration.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 06:26:13 pm by doctord56 » Logged

A loyal fan of the 'fins since the time of Joe Auer, Dick Wood, and Wahoo McDaniel.
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2008, 06:27:30 pm »

I still say JJ should be next.

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
ethurst2
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2008, 08:10:34 pm »

Speaking as the old man on this site, who was actually in the Orange Bowl and saw George Wilson JR throw passes in 1966:

George Wilson Jr. played QB for the dolphins during their first season, in 1966. He wasn't a very good QB, but he was a tough kid who played his heart out on a bad team with no O-line, frequently running for his life. He has done nothing to merit ROD consideration. Besides that, he wasn't drafted by the dolphins.

George Wilson Sr. certainly wasn't a great coach for Miami, but he was there when the team acquired Griese, Csonka, Kiick, Morris, Twilley, Seiple, Little, Buoniconti, Stanfill, Anderson, Evans, Crusan, Fernandez, Heinz...all of whom were key players and the core of  the superbowl teams. That's four Hall of Famers there, the rest excellent to good solid starters. For his role in acquiring these men, Wilson Sr. does not merit ROD consideration.

Doc56 is right. Wilson actually was a great coach. The last time the Detroit Lions won the NFL Championship, Wilson was their coach.

Ironically, after that, Don Shula was also on George Wilsons' coaching staff before he got his first job with the Colts.

The Dolphins came into the AFL cash strapped until Danny Thomas invested some funds the first few years.

Doc56 is also right. When Shula got to Miami, the table was already set. Wilson and GM Joe Thomas (the best GM that people have never heard of) was building a powerhouse. Wilson didn't get that last year and when Shula fell out with Carroll Rosenbloom, it left the door wide open for Miami to get him (which they were accused of tampering).

The only thing that was missing was a Wide receiver and Shula got Warfield from the Browns and then Jake Scott from the CFL. The Dolphins were set.

Nobody pre-1970 should go into the ROD. They were trying to field a competitive team under adverse circumstances.

But you can put the Robbie Family in for fighting over the assets of their dad and making a spectacle of themselves after Joe Robbie died.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray