Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:33:20 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Game Balls - at Patriots
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Game Balls - at Patriots  (Read 8380 times)
Defense54
Uber Member

« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2008, 09:16:48 am »

Does this sound familiar?

Maybe you should quit rolling your eyes, I think it's affecting your vision and maybe your memory.

You act like you're the only one that wants the Dolphins to win.  Get real.  I was simply poking a little fun at all the guys who nearly break an arms patting themselves on the back when the hit a long shot prediction, but have no memory of the misses. 

that was mearly a score NOT a PREDICTION.  There is a difference. I rarely do a babe Ruth and point to outfield and stae we WILL WIN.  This is more then a back pat (seems like it bothers you that someone took the time to do that) Its about the attitude here sometimes. Last week we had people calling for Chad Henne and questioning the new mangement.  Its pathetic and I actually think sometimes people buy into The Dolphins make me Cry all the time mentality.

I NEVER said once that the Dolphins will beat the Cards. Never once.... my score 17-13 was a hopeful thought and Don't make it out to be anything more then that .

Heres another PREDICTION......we WILL NOT Lose next week.  Roll Eyes Grin Cool

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2008, 03:54:50 pm »

that was mearly a score NOT a PREDICTION.  There is a difference.

That might be the biggest load of crap I've ever heard.  You predicted a score in a thread called "Predictions" and somehow that's not a prediction?

I've been wrong on this team every week, so I'm not faulting you for that, but c'mon....

I drink your milkshake!
sciotto

Email
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2008, 04:08:11 pm »

Back in '92 the Dolphins pasted the Bills in Buffalo 37-10. Bill Parcells was in the NBC studio commenting on the game and said, "I think it's Miami's biggest win in 5 or 6 years, and I think every once in a while you get a win where the whole team says, 'Hey, we just might be able to do this.' And I think that's the kind of win they had today, the one that might just carry them for several weeks and on into the playoffs."

While I don't necessarily don't expect this team to make the playoffs, they've already proven the rebuilding is definitely successful so far. They've learned how to win as a team, and this whole Tom Brady injured nonsense is garbage. Tom Brady doesn't play defense, and Miami shredded the defense bigger than they have since Marino was there!

I said when the season began I'd be happy with five wins. I think they'll exceed that. If you think about it, take away a bogus pass interference penalty in week 1, and this team is 2-1 versus 1-2. Now if they can steal a win somehow, they'll even out.

I haven't been this excited about a 1-2 team EVER!
AZ Fins Fan 55
Uber Member

Go Phins!!!!!

« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2008, 04:12:15 pm »

Ronnie Brown....no doubt.

Honorbale Mention to.....Ricky, Pennington, & Porter.

Ricky threw some sick blocks in that game. For a team that has such a "genius" for a head coach I am surprised they got burned by a crappy team running the same play.

That was a sweet victory!!!!

R.I.P. Jarian - 11/17/05 - You will be missed and never forgotten. Thanks for the memories my truest friend!!!!!
SportsChick
YJFF Member
Uber Member

« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2008, 04:56:53 pm »

Well according to the TV idiots calling the game, Chad Henne should get a game ball (I think they're smoking crack)

Personally, I think it goes to whoever put together the offensive game. It was perfectly designed (not sure if it's the OC or HC who did it)

I'm the girl that makes men jealous of my husband

I hate Red Sox and Patriots bandwagon fans. They give the rest of us a bad name
Philly Fin Fan
Uber Member

philly_fin_fan PhillyDolFan
Email
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2008, 05:19:09 pm »

Well according to the TV idiots calling the game, Chad Henne should get a game ball (I think they're smoking crack)

Yeah, they said Chad Henne, but I think they meant Dan Henning.

"Lo and behold, the National League East belongs to one team and one city, and that's the City of Brotherly Love, baby," Jimmy Rollins
Calgary_Dolphan

Email
« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2008, 10:05:54 pm »

Game Balls -

Offense - Ronnie.  Career game
Defense - Porter.  Three sacks and motivation.
Coaching - Dan Henning. 
BingeBag
« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2008, 10:27:19 pm »

Whoa! Was anyone watching the same game I was?

Game Ball - Offensive Line

That and the fact that our DB's played solid were the biggest changes from the last two weeks to this week.
Defense54
Uber Member

« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2008, 10:27:53 pm »

That might be the biggest load of crap I've ever heard.  You predicted a score in a thread called "Predictions" and somehow that's not a prediction?

I've been wrong on this team every week, so I'm not faulting you for that, but c'mon....

Its called a GUESS.
Let me get you a definition:  to form an opinion about something without enough evidence to make a definite judgment.

Prediction:  statement about the future.

17-13  IS NOT a statement .  However saying that The Dolphins will DEFINITELY beat the Pats and it will be looked at as the turning point for this Team IS A STATEMENT. I made the statement becuase I knew it would happen. Just as I knew the Pats would not win the Superbowl.  I only make about 1 per season so enjoy it. Next season you know now to throw some money down when I do it........... Grin

Calgary_Dolphan

Email
« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2008, 10:33:24 pm »

Whoa! Was anyone watching the same game I was?

Game Ball - Offensive Line

That and the fact that our DB's played solid were the biggest changes from the last two weeks to this week.

I think that apart from two flaws in the Arizona game, our DB's played pretty well there.  Problem was that Arizona's WR's were good.  Tough to make a play on a ball when your getting boxed out by a guy you give away 50 lbs and 4 inches to.  They were in the right place at the right time in that game, just not as talented as the guys they were playing against.
TonyB0D
Uber Member

Crank it up!!

Email
« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2008, 10:35:52 pm »

Tony Sparano - because of his coaching/gameplanning, the players bought into what they're trying to do and absolutely dismantled the NFL's best team over the past half decade.

nevermind.  this game ball goes to H. Wayne Huizenga for finally waking up and doing whatever it takes to get this franchise back to where it used ot be.  we're nowhere close, but yesterday proved we're FINALLY pointed in the right direction and have a good map and compass.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 10:37:46 pm by TonyB0D » Logged
Philly Fin Fan
Uber Member

philly_fin_fan PhillyDolFan
Email
« Reply #41 on: September 22, 2008, 11:33:06 pm »

that was mearly a score NOT a PREDICTION.  There is a difference.

So let me get this straight, Mr. Rocket Scientist-
You go to a thread titled "Predictions" and put a score there. But its not a prediction, because you didn't say "I PREDICT".
Yeah, sorry.

"Ummm, your honor, I know I walked into the convenience store and pointed a gun at the cashier and took all the money, but I never said "This is a hold up" so technically, I didn't hold up the store".

Sorry buddy, I ain't buying it and neither is half the people on this board. What you did is the same as the old saying "even a broken clock is right twice a day". You came out and thumped your chest about beating the Pats. And the Fins happened to win. Stop it with your bullshit that you are a bigger fan than all of us because "you believe" and we don't. Its called we are realists and realize this team is rebuilding after years of crappy drafting and coaching.

« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 12:34:24 am by Philly Fin Fan » Logged

"Lo and behold, the National League East belongs to one team and one city, and that's the City of Brotherly Love, baby," Jimmy Rollins
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2008, 11:48:18 pm »

^ hahahahahaha....I love the assholery (it's not a word, but it should be!) around here Cheesy

Edited for Webster dictionary submission
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 12:07:10 am by Tenshot13 » Logged
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #43 on: September 23, 2008, 12:04:40 am »

^ hahahahahaha....I love the assholeary (it's not a word, but it should be!) around here

If you take the "a" out and make it "assholery," I'll present it to Webster for inclusion in the next dictionary. It's a damned fine word, and a fittingly ribald slice of Americana.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #44 on: September 23, 2008, 12:07:30 am »

^Done
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray