Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:03:03 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  What does this Pats win really mean?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: What does this Pats win really mean?  (Read 4671 times)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« on: September 21, 2008, 04:42:28 pm »

As fans, we deserve a little something to cheer about, so it's fine that we get overjoyed from this, but once that dies down, what can we tell about this team from the game?

I think the biggest thing is coaching.

We won this game, because we outcoached the Patriots.  We did things on offense, where I didn't know what was going on -- and then we kept changing it.  We ran the weird, option-style offense several times, but we kept switching up the play.  It was completely unpredictable.  ...and we didn't do it out of desperation.  We did it when they weren't ready for it.

I felt like we were a step ahead.  ...and that hasn't happened in YEARS.

Of course, you have to give credit to the players for executing, but I realize that these things will come and go from one week to the next.  The coaches really did put us in a position to execute.

-----

I'm not sold on our defense, quite yet.  While we did well today, Cassel struggled, and they were playing much of the game from behind.  So, they get a gold star for today, but after their play last week, I wonder how much of it was due to us playing well, and how much of it was due to the Pats struggling.

I drink your milkshake!
Bubba

Phins Phan since 81

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2008, 04:47:58 pm »

It's a young team with young coaches.  This is a "show of potential" game.  We will have more arizona games, they are young and figuring out how to win and work well together.  I think this game goes to show what the team has to look forward to once they have some more experience under their belts. 

For now it will likely be a rollercoaster that slowly goes uphill with great showings like today and miserable failures like last week.  It shouold be fun though. 

The best part of todays game... watching all the Patsie bandwagon fans streaming out of the stadium in the 3rd quarter crying because their team was losing.
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2008, 04:52:41 pm »

^^^^

That was truly a sight to behold. 
Dolphin-UK
Uber Member

I'm not going to type anything here....

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2008, 04:53:57 pm »

Didn't see the game, BUT, it seems we reached for the back of the playbook this week, and that's normally a sign of a desperate team.  I'll come back to this in a second.

My second point is yeah, we beat the New England Patriots but we didn't beat THE New England Patriots, you know, the ones with the multiple superbowl winning QB?

What we did was execute a gameplan well, and here's the key, that gameplan is not going to work every week, we pulled it off and now most of it needs to return to the back of the playbook.  What this win did is ensure that on Monday the players turned up pumped and now they have two weeks off the back of that huge positive of a well executed win against the pats, to prepare for San Diego.

In terms of a change of momentum, that win and the manner of that win could not have come at a better time.
StL FinFan
Uber Member

Weaseldoc_13
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2008, 05:16:14 pm »

Random thought by StL : I guess Brady really isn't a system QB.
Random thought by Mr StL :  I guess the Patriots pact with the devil expired this week.

Modified to add:
To quote the great Jack Buck: I can't believe what I just saw!
« Last Edit: September 21, 2008, 05:18:56 pm by StL FinFan » Logged

Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in his error.
Marcus Tullius Cicero
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2008, 05:18:36 pm »

I think our next two games will show what this team is made out of.

If can win them, we'll be in the running for the wild card

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2008, 05:52:00 pm »

I don't think that Brady was the difference in this game. 

We scored a LOT of points on their defense.  And we were able to control the line.  Brady or no Brady, one man doesn't make up that kind of disparity.

I drink your milkshake!
Tepop84
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2008, 05:53:39 pm »

I think most of all it shows that "defensive mastermind" Belichik is a fucking idiot.  The dolphins ran the same fucking play 3 times for a touchdown.  Way to adjust fuckface. 
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2008, 05:56:42 pm »

^ hahahaha

this pats win really means this...we made one of our most hated rivals look stupid...really really stupid....lets just keep it at that for now.-
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2008, 06:01:29 pm »

I think most of all it shows that "defensive mastermind" Belichik is a fucking idiot.  The dolphins ran the same fucking play 3 times for a touchdown.  Way to adjust fuckface. 

Don't be a dick.

Bellichek is a genius.  ...just because we beat them once in a while doesn't make him a dipshit.

Also, it wasn't the same play.  It was the same formation.  Did you even watch the game?

I drink your milkshake!
Tepop84
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2008, 06:03:02 pm »

Don't be a dick.

Bellichek is a genius.  ...just because we beat them once in a while doesn't make him a dipshit.

Also, it wasn't the same play.  It was the same formation.  Did you even watch the game?

No, it was the same play.  Did you watch the game?
raptorsfan29
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2008, 06:04:38 pm »

This pats win means we will not have to hear the stupid undefeated talk from pats fan.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2008, 06:06:25 pm »

No, it was the same play.  Did you watch the game?

Dude....one was a rollout pass left....the other two were runs.

I drink your milkshake!
Tepop84
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2008, 06:07:18 pm »

Dude....one was a pass ....the other two were runs.

the 62 yard run was the same exact play as the other 2 td runs.
simeon
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2008, 06:08:31 pm »

Don't be a dick.

Dave what did the Genius Belichick do in Cleveland before he learned to video tape the other teams ?

John 3:16  For God so loved the world that he sent his only begotten son, and whom ever shall believe in Him shall not die but have everlasting life.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray