Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:41:03 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  How far does respect for the coach go for the team?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: How far does respect for the coach go for the team?  (Read 1775 times)
raptorsfan29
Uber Member

« on: September 22, 2008, 05:23:57 pm »

Just wanted to ask this question since it seems like the team likes Sparano, i think it was also great to see Sparano get the gatorade bath. I think it was then that i realized (or i may be jumping the gun) that Sparano has won the players over.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2008, 05:34:15 pm »

It sure does appear that Sparano has won the players over, but not sure how its effect on team performance can be quantified.

It has to help...right?

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2008, 05:36:15 pm »

Once we get through the bye week and then play another game after this emotion has warn off I think we will have a better idea.
simeon
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2008, 07:14:30 pm »

If you look at most successful teams it starts with the players respecting their coaches and buying into their philosophy.
I am confident the moral in Miami is at a extreme high that hasn't been there for a long time. This game built confidence into the minds of the players, it has too. Now the coaching needs to build off this and keep it going.

John 3:16  For God so loved the world that he sent his only begotten son, and whom ever shall believe in Him shall not die but have everlasting life.
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2008, 07:22:24 pm »

The players last year did not respect Cam Cameron.  Cam Cameron did a lot of stuff that lost that respect.  The result?  The worst season in franchise history.  Nuff said. 
simeon
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2008, 07:25:55 pm »

The players last year did not respect Cam Cameron.  Cam Cameron did a lot of stuff that lost that respect.  The result?  The worst season in franchise history.  Nuff said. 
You can't argue with that, a great example Tommy.

John 3:16  For God so loved the world that he sent his only begotten son, and whom ever shall believe in Him shall not die but have everlasting life.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2008, 07:30:21 pm »

You have cause and effect mixed up there.

cause: The worst season in franchise history.
effect: Cam Cameron lost the respect of the players.

Players don't lose respect for the coach after a successful season (and "successful" doesn't necessarily mean "championship").

YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2008, 07:44:20 pm »

You have cause and effect mixed up there.

cause: The worst season in franchise history.
effect: Cam Cameron lost the respect of the players.

Players don't lose respect for the coach after a successful season (and "successful" doesn't necessarily mean "championship").

Wrong, Spider Dan.  They lost quite a number of games they could have and should have won.... if they had played with greater effort.  If you saw the way they were on the sidelines.... you'd think it was a Sunday Brunch. 
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2008, 09:27:31 pm »

So did our players respect Sparano when we snatched defeat from the jaws of victory in Week 1?
Or how about when we were getting our faces bashed in during Week 2?

Winning = deodorant.  If you are winning, then you are doing everything right.  If you are losing, then you are doing everything wrong.

It really is that simple.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 09:29:08 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

Calgary_Dolphan

Email
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2008, 09:44:05 pm »

It's a self fulfulling prophecy.  If the players don't respect the coach, then they don't try hard and ergo will more likely lose against equally talented teams.  The only way for winning to be a 'deodorant' in this situation is if there is a talent differential.  Given our stellar drafting in the last ten years, it's clear that the current Dolphins (and more importantly last years' team)  did not have the raw talent to make that happen.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray