Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 03:14:38 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Trent Green to start for Rams!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Trent Green to start for Rams!  (Read 4155 times)
jtex316
YJFF Member
Uber Member

2011 NFC East Champions!

« on: September 23, 2008, 12:15:51 pm »

Holy hell.

Trent - PLEASE wear extra helmet padding, OK? You're a likable guy. Mediocre QB, but a very good guy so please protect your head?

Giants: '56 NFL Champs; Super Bowl XXI, XXV, XLII Champs
StL FinFan
Uber Member

Weaseldoc_13
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2008, 12:16:51 pm »

OMG with the Rams O-line he is going to get killed!  Where did you hear this?

Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in his error.
Marcus Tullius Cicero
jtex316
YJFF Member
Uber Member

2011 NFC East Champions!

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2008, 12:23:54 pm »

NFL.com - Marc Bulger benched

Giants: '56 NFL Champs; Super Bowl XXI, XXV, XLII Champs
simeon
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2008, 12:40:10 pm »

If I was Trent Green I would be retiring right about now.

John 3:16  For God so loved the world that he sent his only begotten son, and whom ever shall believe in Him shall not die but have everlasting life.
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2008, 01:02:17 pm »

I've said this many times.... he's one massive hit away from having a bowl of jello for a brain.  Behind that Rams line, I can see that massive hit coming soon. 
StL FinFan
Uber Member

Weaseldoc_13
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2008, 02:29:39 pm »

When Green is in the ICU on Monday hooked up to life support, maybe they will fire Linehan. 

Brock Berlin better be ready to go in there!
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 08:00:05 pm by StL FinFan » Logged

Marcus Tullius Cicero
StL FinFan
Uber Member

Weaseldoc_13
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2008, 12:51:42 pm »

Pretty good rant on Trent Green here.
Full article
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Don-t-Count-On-It-Trent-Green-surviving-Brett-?urn=nfl,110059

Don't Count On ...

... Trent Green not seeing the inside of an emergency room sometime in the next seven days. The St. Louis Rams, in one of those "I guess we should make it seem like we're doing something" moves, have benched quarterback Marc Bulger in favor of Trent Green.

Most of the talk about the move is about how Bulger's proven that he's a quality NFL quarterback, and that on the list of Rams problems, Marc Bulger ranks somewhere between too much salt on the soft pretzels in the concession stands and a cheap brand of fabric softener being used on the team's laundry.

And I'd agree with all of that, but that's not what concerns me right now. What concerns me right now -- and I know this is selfish of me -- is that I don't want to witness Trent Green's death. I've seen this, and I've seen this. I've seen Trent Green strapped to a gurney a couple more times than I'd have liked to in this life, and if it's at all possible, I'd like to save some Rams equipment manager the trouble of having to hose Trent Green's gray matter out of his helmet.

Trent Green possesses the most fragile quarterback noggin since LaVar Arrington tuned up Troy Aikman. And this Sunday, he'll step behind an offensive line that couldn't protect a triple bacon cheeseburger from Calista Flockhart. I feel like the Rams are making a Faces of Death video.

I'm not up for this. I don't want to see Trent Green wheeled off into an ambulance again. Save everyone the trouble, Rams, and just put a crash test dummy under center. It's not like your offensive output is going to decline.

Marcus Tullius Cicero
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2008, 01:00:18 pm »

One of the most hilarious rants I have ever read... I'm laughing so hard here that I'm crying...sweet mercy!!

"I feel like the Rams are making a Faces of Death video" ...ROFLMFWAO Grin

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2008, 01:41:49 pm »

And this Sunday, he'll step behind an offensive line that couldn't protect a triple bacon cheeseburger from Calista Flockhart.

This is awesome!!
Philly Fin Fan
Uber Member

philly_fin_fan PhillyDolFan
Email
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2008, 05:36:18 pm »

This is awesome!!

I liked that cheesburger line as well!

On a serious note-
Trent Green seems like a good guy. I'd really hate to see him go out with another injury. I think he's one of those guys who "should've hung them up".

"Lo and behold, the National League East belongs to one team and one city, and that's the City of Brotherly Love, baby," Jimmy Rollins
USO-ORLANDO
Uber Member

1-15 gets no pic!!

WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2008, 05:36:54 pm »

When Green is in the ICU on Monday hooked up to life support, maybe they will fire Linehan. 

Brock Berlin better be ready to go in there!

I forgot about Brock!

dolfan13
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2008, 09:42:34 am »

i wonder if this sub-consciously will affect the defensive players who will be rushing the passer or the aggressiveness of the defensive schemes? i mean you always go all out, and i don't believe anyone goes out to intentionally hurt anyone... but you have to think that behind a revolving door of an o-line, a simple regular tackle of this guy might make him a permanent vegetable.

i think the nfl should step in this case to protect him, but on a human level, this is almost like a fight between a professional boxer and a guy with one arm.
Frimp
Uber Member

Join us!

billselby9773
WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2008, 12:41:30 am »

I agree. I like Trent, and even if I didn't, I wouldnt want to see him hurt. I wouldnt even wish injury on Tom Brady.

But, Trent wants to play, and the Rams want to play him. This is like Shawn Merriman (but on a more serious scale) I don't think the NFL should get involved in this.

http://www.phinvaders.com 2012 events...stay tuned.
BILL PARCELLS for Ring of Dishonor!!! (and don't forget Eric Green)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2008, 09:05:13 am »

Am I the last person alive who believes in Trent?

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2008, 09:49:31 am »

Am I the last person alive who believes in Trent?

I think he could do fine on a team with a solid offensive line. I'm not actually TOO concerned about the concussions. Plenty of players at non-QB positions have had multiple serious concussions. Sure, it's nothing to joke about, but if you compare it to, say, a boxer, Green isn't anywhere near that level of risk.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray