Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:45:02 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Why are the Jets still getting all the press?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Why are the Jets still getting all the press?  (Read 2122 times)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« on: September 28, 2008, 11:36:21 am »

I hate the Jets...always have.

But this Favre hype is even worse than normal.  Why the Jets are still getting top billing on these sports shows is crazy.  The Jets are 1-2...and they beat US....and we took them to the wire.  Favre hasn't played particularly well.  What's the interest anymore?

They are just another mediocre team.

I drink your milkshake!
simeon
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2008, 11:44:47 am »

I hate the Jets...always have.

But this Favre hype is even worse than normal.  Why the Jets are still getting top billing on these sports shows is crazy.  The Jets are 1-2...and they beat US....and we took them to the wire.  Favre hasn't played particularly well.  What's the interest anymore?

They are just another mediocre team.
Its old man Farve the media pig doing what he does best, pad his stats. Farve is working OT increasing his int record, and he never wants to see it broken.

John 3:16  For God so loved the world that he sent his only begotten son, and whom ever shall believe in Him shall not die but have everlasting life.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2008, 11:47:06 am »

Yeah, fine...whatever.  But we can't blame Favre for the coverage that the media is giving him.  Why does ESPN fawn over this story?  It's an old story, and it's not even a particularly good one. 

I drink your milkshake!
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2008, 12:00:47 pm »

It's NY, the biggest market in the world. I'll bet that if he were playing for the Chiefs, the coverage wouldn't be like this. Besides, Favre is one of the greatest QB's ever. He's always going to be a top story.

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2008, 03:54:53 pm »

I have a problem. I realize it, that's the first step, right? Now I need help... My problem is, I just can't hate the Jets in those throwbacks.
fyo
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2008, 07:18:37 pm »

Favre hasn't played particularly well.

I'm surprised at how well Favre has played. He's been extremely precise, connecting on 68.2% of his passes in his WORST game so far. People focus a lot on touchdowns (although the 6 in todays game got him those as well), but completion percentage really helps a team. If your quarterback keeps completing passes, there aren't going to be too many long third downs.

I really thought Favre would have a poor year with the Jets. They just didn't seem like a good match.

He'll still throw bone-headed interceptions (he is Favre, after all), but passer ratings of 125.9, 85.6, 92.5 and 123.7 say it all. Since the Dolphins game, he's also managed to hold on to the ball - zero fumbles (lost or otherwise).

The Jets still aren't that good a team, that's not what I'm saying. Their defense is too soft and allowing Arizona to get back into the game was inexcusable. The offensive line is good at run-blocking, but doesn't seem to get enough "push" in short yardage situations. The pass-blocking is suspect, but some of that is probably Favre not quite used to the system and requiring more time to get the pass off.
simeon
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2008, 10:32:04 pm »

I have a problem. I realize it, that's the first step, right? Now I need help... My problem is, I just can't hate the Jets in those throwbacks.
I don't like them no matter what they are wearing.

John 3:16  For God so loved the world that he sent his only begotten son, and whom ever shall believe in Him shall not die but have everlasting life.
DZA
Uber Member

3rd Infantry Division Veteran

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2008, 11:00:00 pm »

Brett Farve , you dont need to ask dat question. 

fyo
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2008, 02:37:05 am »

I don't like them no matter what they are wearing.

I have a problem. I recognize I have a problem and I'm willing to seek counseling
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray