Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2024, 08:54:11 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Linehan Fired;Haslett taking over
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Linehan Fired;Haslett taking over  (Read 4939 times)
bsfins
« on: September 29, 2008, 08:11:04 am »

According to ESPN The rams have made a change at the Head coaching postition...
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3615358
StL FinFan
Uber Member

Weaseldoc_13
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2008, 10:37:30 am »

They're holding a parade tomorrow morning in celebration.

Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in his error.
Marcus Tullius Cicero
Defense54
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2008, 11:24:27 am »

Wow. Only 4 games in.......I still think the guy is a heck of an Ofensive Cordinator though.  But defensive coaches make better Head Coaches. He'll be on a team next year as a OC no problamo.

bsfins
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2008, 12:02:26 pm »

I think it's a little Funny,the defense has been getting run over....(yeah the offense isn't performing) So promote the D-coordinator to Head coach.... Cheesy ..I like Haslett's fiery nature though....
StL FinFan
Uber Member

Weaseldoc_13
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2008, 12:09:15 pm »

The defense actually played well in the first half yesterday, then all heck broke loose after halftime.

Marcus Tullius Cicero
bsfins
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2008, 12:13:45 pm »

That's kind of my point.....but still hasn't managed to give up less than 31 points a game....
StL FinFan
Uber Member

Weaseldoc_13
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2008, 12:14:24 pm »

They haven't had decent DBs in years.

Marcus Tullius Cicero
jtex316
YJFF Member
Uber Member

2011 NFC East Champions!

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2008, 12:33:49 pm »

1 of the 5 coaches that I wanted fired has finally been fired...BUT ARE YOU KIDDING ME with the replacement? JIM HASLETT??? This guy SUCKS even WORSE than Scott Linehan!!!! Come on, man.

Jim Haslett SUCKS, period. If anyone is a "recycled coach", this guy is it. The Rams basically traded one shitty head coach for the next.

Sorry Rams fans, you still have a long way to go.

Giants: '56 NFL Champs; Super Bowl XXI, XXV, XLII Champs
Tepop84
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2008, 01:56:07 pm »

Wow. Only 4 games in.......I still think the guy is a heck of an Ofensive Cordinator though.  But defensive coaches make better Head Coaches. He'll be on a team next year as a OC no problamo.

He was terrible in Miami.  All the idiot wanted to do was throw the ball.  Which was fine when he had randy moss on the team.  Ronnie Brown cutting up the defense for atleast 5 yards a carry and they get to the opp 5 and dickhead throws 3 fades into the sun and another pass on 4th down. 
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2008, 02:39:10 pm »

Here's my speculation on Scott Linehan:

Minnesota will bring him back as Offensive Coordinator next year because Gus Frerotte is there and is familiar with him.  The Vikings will jettison Tavaris Jackson and draft a QB with their top pick.  Frerotte will then man the offense until the new QB is ready. 
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2008, 02:51:27 pm »

Here's my speculation on Scott Linehan:

Minnesota will bring him back as Offensive Coordinator next year because Gus Frerotte is there and is familiar with him.

Since I'm 99.9% certain you didn't consider the current Vikes OC anywhere in there, can we change the word "speculation" above to "random babble" instead?

Darrell Bevell, their current OC, was hand-picked by the offensive-minded Childress, and they have a pretty good friendship. Unless Childress gets the axe, I think Linehan will likely be working somewhere else.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2008, 02:55:56 pm »

Since I'm 99.9% certain you didn't consider the current Vikes OC anywhere in there, can we change the word "speculation" above to "random babble" instead?

Darrell Bevell, their current OC, was hand-picked by the offensive-minded Childress, and they have a pretty good friendship. Unless Childress gets the axe, I think Linehan will likely be working somewhere else.

Don't be surprised if that happens.  Childress has not gotten them to the playoffs despite improving by leaps and bounds, talent-wise. 
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2008, 04:16:08 pm »

Random babble is right.  There's no indication that that would happen.  In fact, the day a GM fires a head coach and builds the team around an over-the-hill aging QB will be the day Matt Millen gets elected president.
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2008, 04:50:48 pm »

the day Matt Millen gets elected president.

That's not even funny.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2008, 06:58:33 pm »

1 of the 5 coaches that I wanted fired has finally been fired...BUT ARE YOU KIDDING ME with the replacement? JIM HASLETT??? This guy SUCKS even WORSE than Scott Linehan!!!! Come on, man.

Jim Haslett SUCKS, period. If anyone is a "recycled coach", this guy is it. The Rams basically traded one shitty head coach for the next.

Sorry Rams fans, you still have a long way to go.
What did you expect, wholesale coaching changes? It is four games into the season. Haslett is the most likely INTERIM coach.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray