Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 01:12:36 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Bill Belichick accused of tampering
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Bill Belichick accused of tampering  (Read 4272 times)
simeon
Uber Member

« on: October 01, 2008, 08:16:01 pm »

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AlOnWodHBVLzobPfCIFiL0xDubYF?slug=ap-patriots-tampering&prov=ap&type=lgns

Belichick denies tampering accusation by Davis

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. (AP)—Patriots coach Bill Belichick denied Wednesday the claim by Raiders owner Al Davis that New England had a workout with Randy Moss before obtaining him in a trade with Oakland.

Davis said Tuesday that the Patriots had tampered with Moss before the deal in April 2007 that brought the wide receiver to the Patriots for a fourth-round choice that year on the weekend of the NFL draft.

“I’ve told the story about Randy many, many times,” Belichick said in a conference call with members of the media covering the 49ers, “and the first time I ever talked to Randy was the Sunday morning of the second day of the draft last year.

“So that’s the first time I met him. That’s the first time I talked to him. There was no workout. There was no other contact with him.”

Davis made the tampering accusation after ending a news conference in which he announced the firing of coach Lane Kiffin.

Asked Wednesday if he had a response to Davis, Moss said, “No, not at all.”

Belichick sidestepped the question when asked by New England reporters, saying he was concentrating on Sunday’s game at San Francisco.

In an e-mail to The Associated Press, NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said Wednesday, “No tampering charges have ever been filed with our office with respect to Randy Moss.”

Moss, disgruntled for most of his two seasons with the Raiders, set an NFL single-season record with 23 touchdown receptions in his first season with New England.

Davis said other teams didn’t want Moss before the Patriots obtained him.

“You know how many teams turned him down?” Davis said. “That guy in Green Bay thought he couldn’t run any more. Even Denver, where they’ll take anybody, turned him down.”

He did not identify the person in Green Bay.

Davis said former Raiders senior personnel executive Michael Lombardi, who was fired 10 days after the Moss trade, spoke to Belichick about Moss.

“What’s his name knew he could run, he’s a friend of Belichick’s. Mike Lombardi,” Davis said Tuesday. “Mike sold what’s his name, Belichick, on the idea that he could run. They tampered with him. I remember (Patriots owner) Bob Kraft saying that he had to look him in the eye and all that. They went down and worked him out, he could run. He’s their team, of course, with the quarterback.”

Moss had 98 catches during the regular season last year, 22 in the first three games. With Brady out for the season after hurting his knee in the opener, Moss has 12 catches in three games.

My question, is Davis going senile ?
« Last Edit: October 01, 2008, 08:19:44 pm by simeon » Logged

John 3:16  For God so loved the world that he sent his only begotten son, and whom ever shall believe in Him shall not die but have everlasting life.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2008, 08:47:00 pm »

http://www.bangcartoon.com/

these guys think so

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Pats2006
Uber Member

2009, 2014 Fantasy Football Champion

XxDevilDog
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2008, 10:41:00 pm »

Didn't happen this guys a douche.

ethurst2
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2008, 11:08:48 pm »

Time for Goodell to step in and stop this circus if he can.

Everyone knows that Randy Moss was dogging it with the Raiders because they sucked. He did that so that he could get out of there.

I'm with Belichick on this one.

The Raiders as as organization STINK! That's bad because they have a great group of young players that if they had the right management and direction, could be a powerhouse in a couple of years.

Al Davis is senile.
SportsChick
YJFF Member
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2008, 11:32:45 pm »

Al Davis is just a crazy old man. He doesn't remember when/how he sent a letter that was just supposed to be a couple weeks ago let alone something that happened before the draft over a year ago

I'm the girl that makes men jealous of my husband

I hate Red Sox and Patriots bandwagon fans. They give the rest of us a bad name
Philly Fin Fan
Uber Member

philly_fin_fan PhillyDolFan
Email
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2008, 11:47:43 pm »

Al Davis is insane. Read his quotes. He kept referring to people as "that guy, whats his name" , even when talking about his own former employees (Mike Lomabardi). He does that with Shanahan as well.

"Lo and behold, the National League East belongs to one team and one city, and that's the City of Brotherly Love, baby," Jimmy Rollins
DZA
Uber Member

3rd Infantry Division Veteran

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2008, 11:50:32 pm »

I will have to be on Bellycheat side on this.  Al is a old loon who cant recall when he last took a piss.  Moss tanked himself so he can get out of oakland.  Tampering my ass.   Shocked

Jim Gray
Global Moderator
Uber Member

'72 - The Perfect Season

texasjimgray
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2008, 12:41:41 am »

Only Davis could get everyone to rally to Belichick's defense.  Al Davis (aka - the Crypt Keeper) is as crazy as a shithouse rat.  As hard as the past 8 years have been for Dolphins fans, you can wake up every morning thankful that Al Davis doesn't own this team.
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2008, 02:42:19 am »

I have to join the "defense" of Belichick here. As much as I wouldn't mind seeing the Patriots hit over the head with something, Al Davis is a crazed, senile old fart. While there is some entertainment value in it (unless you're a Raiders fan), the NFL would be a better place without the idiot.

That interview he gave on the firing of Kiffin was 24 minutes of pure comedy gold. It's not that he doesn't have some valid points about the way Kiffin behaved, even if it's completely one-sided, it's the way in which he rambles crazy shit.

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80b43727

The part others have mentioned about the letter being mailed... no, actually he "handed it to him"... Fed Ex'ed to Kiffin... all in the span of like 15 seconds. Wow.
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2008, 03:34:34 am »

Everyone knows that Randy Moss was dogging it with the Raiders because they sucked. He did that so that he could get out of there.

And now that the Patriots are sliding down into suckitude, I'll bet Moss dogs it there too.  He clearly was dogging it in the Dolphins game. 
run_to_win
Uber Member
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2008, 05:14:34 am »

Huh

People are saying "Al Davis is senile" like that's a bad thing. 

Hypersensitive bullies should not frequent message boards.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2008, 08:40:21 am »

This is one case that I wouldn't know who to believe.  Honestly ... do you think Belichick is above it?

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2008, 09:19:38 am »

It wouldn't surprise me if the Raiders set up a workout in order to trade Moss.

That aside, can Davis be Baker Acted based on his craziness he has shown the past week? If I was a Raiser fan I would be pushing for it.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2008, 10:31:21 am »

As much as I want it to be true, the story has little to no credibility thanks to the source.  I don't think anything will come of this.
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2008, 02:43:11 pm »

Davis is the same guy that has sued the NFL something like 1, 345, 344 times.  And the single reason why I grew up in the literal shadows of the "Black Hole" and hate all things Raider.

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray