Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:11:17 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Sage Rosenfels implodes
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Sage Rosenfels implodes  (Read 3818 times)
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« on: October 05, 2008, 04:03:19 pm »

HOU leading IND 27-10, and in the span of 10 plays, Rosenfels gets hit and fumbles while diving forward for more yardage, gets stripped while scrambling, and gets intercepted.  IND over HOU, 31-27.

You can change the laundry a player is wearing, but...

Frimp
Uber Member

Join us!

billselby9773
WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2008, 04:07:28 pm »

Shame of the game...Sage Rosenfels.  Grin

http://www.phinvaders.com 2012 events...stay tuned.
BILL PARCELLS for Ring of Dishonor!!! (and don't forget Eric Green)
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2008, 04:07:46 pm »

Glad I'm not a Houston fan. Wink

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2008, 04:45:14 pm »

The Dolphins BETTER beat Houston next week. 
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2008, 05:33:05 pm »

I just realized something... there are A LOT of old starting quarterbacks in the league right now. A lot more than "normal", I think.

Starting quarterbacks over 30:

Pennington, Warner, McNabb, Favre, Delhomme, Peyton, Garrard, Griese, Kitna, Collins, Hasselbeck, Bulger and Frerotte.

13?!
doctord56
Uber Member

first dolphin game attended 11/6/66 bills29 fins 0

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2008, 05:38:11 pm »

I felt bad for Sage, who always seemed like a decent guy. Everything went wrong for him in the last minutes of the game, handing the win to an Indy team that had one foot in the grave. He'd better wear a disguise while walking around in Houston next week.

A loyal fan of the 'fins since the time of Joe Auer, Dick Wood, and Wahoo McDaniel.
Frimp
Uber Member

Join us!

billselby9773
WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2008, 05:45:54 pm »

The Dolphins BETTER beat Houston next week. 

We should beat them...However, I'm picking the Texans. Miami is 2-0 when I havent picked them.  Grin Grin

http://www.phinvaders.com 2012 events...stay tuned.
BILL PARCELLS for Ring of Dishonor!!! (and don't forget Eric Green)
bsfins
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2008, 05:57:24 pm »

I just realized something... there are A LOT of old starting quarterbacks in the league right now. A lot more than "normal", I think.

Starting quarterbacks over 30:

Pennington, Warner, McNabb, Favre, Delhomme, Peyton, Garrard, Griese, Kitna, Collins, Hasselbeck, Bulger and Frerotte.

13?!

Tells ya something about the Young Qb's in the league....Doesn't it....Mark Brunell,Jeff Garcia,Todd Collins,And Charlie Batch are also Backups still in the league...just off the top of my head...That's alot of old Qb's still hanging around the league...
fyo
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2008, 06:42:59 pm »

Tells ya something about the Young Qb's in the league....Doesn't it....Mark Brunell,Jeff Garcia,Todd Collins,And Charlie Batch are also Backups still in the league...just off the top of my head...That's alot of old Qb's still hanging around the league...

Speaking of Garcia... Griese just went down in the game against Denver... his backup? Garcia.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2008, 12:26:43 am »

CF will be so hurt by all of this.  He has a man-crush on Sage.

I drink your milkshake!
Dphins4me
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2008, 04:01:05 am »

I felt bad for Sage, who always seemed like a decent guy. Everything went wrong for him in the last minutes of the game, handing the win to an Indy team that had one foot in the grave. He'd better wear a disguise while walking around in Houston next week.
  Had he just slid, the Houston wins.  It would have been 4th & 1 from the 32.  Houston could have punted & force Indy to go at least 80 Yds for a TD or went for it & got a 1st down or turned the ball over at the 32 on downs.

This is a simple fact of a player trying to do too much.
Thundergod
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2008, 06:34:53 am »

Me too.  Sad  When it rains it pours. The Colts were given that game. Sage tore them a new one up until then. Indy should be worried, they do not look good this season. 
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2008, 08:44:21 am »

IMHO, this game is an example of a "choke".  One team had the game clinched then through three major bonehead mistakes lost.  In comparison with the Giants SB win which is an "upset" with an underdog beating a heavy favorite. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2008, 08:54:36 am »

CF will be so hurt by all of this.  He has a man-crush on Sage.

So true ...

It was certainly him trying to do too much.  I think if he wasn't putting so much into doing it all in one game he would have won.  Sage has the goods it's just a matter of being in the right frame of mind. He was terrific for 56 minutes or whatever. It's a shame that two plays blew that up.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
fyo
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2008, 09:09:29 am »

So true ...

It was certainly him trying to do too much.  I think if he wasn't putting so much into doing it all in one game he would have won.  Sage has the goods it's just a matter of being in the right frame of mind. He was terrific for 56 minutes or whatever. It's a shame that two plays blew that up.

Let's be fair here. Only ONE of those turnovers was Sage's fault - the one where he tried to get the first down by hurdling a defender. The other fumble came from a blind-side hit and the interception was (according to the head coach, Kubiak) a perfectly thrown pass, but the receiver was tripped by a defender and never made it to where he was supposed to be.

I have no opinion on Sage, as a quarterback or as a person, but blaming the loss on him is typical fan crap. Yes, he made one mistake. A big one. However, had he been able to hold on to the ball and get the first down, he would've been a hero in Houston. The difference between hero and outcast can be very small sometimes...
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray