Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 12:23:18 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  It's the Know Your Norv Game!!!!!!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: It's the Know Your Norv Game!!!!!!  (Read 1614 times)
YoFuggedaboutit
« on: October 05, 2008, 04:53:44 pm »

I laughed so hard that I was crying when I saw Sunstroke post this thread last year after San Diego blew a game they easily had in the bag.  Unfortunately, that thread is now in post heaven due to the site crash.  Today would be a perfect time to bring up a duplicate. 

You've just scored to pull within a TD and have driven to the Dolphins 1 yard line.  It's 4th and goal now.  Do you:

A)  Kick a field goal pulling knowing your QB is leading the team decently enough to get the winning TD with over a full quarter left to play. 

B)  Pitch it out to Sproles who will dart through one or two guys and score the tying TD.

C)  Throw a fade to Vincent Jackson or Chris Chambers knowing the Dolphins have stacked the line and either one of them will be locked in single coverage.

D)  Hand off to LT knowing the Dolphins have stacked the line and have shut him down the entire game. 

If your answer is any of the first three, you are a halfway decent NFL coach.  If your answer is D, then congratulations!!!!  You win the Norv Turner Bonehead Play of the Week. 
« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 05:05:08 pm by Tommy » Logged
Frimp
Uber Member

Join us!

billselby9773
WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2008, 05:02:30 pm »

Good memory...If I remember correctly, Sunstroke's thread scenario was pretty much identical to this, wasn't it? Or was that for the win? I don't remember.

http://www.phinvaders.com 2012 events...stay tuned.
BILL PARCELLS for Ring of Dishonor!!! (and don't forget Eric Green)
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2008, 05:05:51 pm »

Good memory...If I remember correctly, Sunstroke's thread scenario was pretty much identical to this, wasn't it? Or was that for the win? I don't remember.

It was for a game they lost. 
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2008, 05:12:45 pm »

Hey that was a good one.

Here's round two.

You've got the ball at your 3 yard line with 2:40 left in the last game of the season. You're up three and you have the NFL's leading rusher in your backfield.  You need a victory to win the division

Do you:

A) Pass with a shaky QB

B) Run with your leading rusher.

If you answered B, congratulations, you are still a halfway decent coach.

If you answered A, then sorry, but you are Norv Turner after all

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray