Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:19:17 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  This guy is such a headcase (Warner)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: This guy is such a headcase (Warner)  (Read 42125 times)
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2008, 01:11:49 pm »

So I will be a stickler also, because Kurt cares about his team mates it does not make him a head case.

And Kurt caring for his teammates doesn't mean he "isn't" a head case...for the same reason that being a born again Christian doesn't mean he isn't a head case either.

Stickling seems to be in fashion...

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Defense54
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2008, 01:18:15 pm »

You guys are talking like there's a photo of her in the article. There isn't.

FYI, this is Brenda Warner, 2008 edition:

Sure, she used to sport a pretty freaky look. She was also a marine. Not your typical model-wife, so what?

I guess if you have enough money for Doctors, surgery, and Pro airbrushed photography you can shine any turd now a days..............I've seen that woman in person, and she hit every branch on the way down. And after reading her quotes its certainly not her personality either.  Roll Eyes  She must be a beast in bed.  Evil

simeon
Uber Member

« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2008, 01:29:51 pm »

And Kurt caring for his teammates doesn't mean he "isn't" a head case...for the same reason that being a born again Christian doesn't mean he isn't a head case either.

Stickling seems to be in fashion...

Being a stickler is the newest thing going around today, it's way cool and over the top. Since being a stickler is in right now I have to be a stickler and ask you where is the $1 I charged for the Readers Digest summarization.

John 3:16  For God so loved the world that he sent his only begotten son, and whom ever shall believe in Him shall not die but have everlasting life.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2008, 01:58:48 pm »

Being a stickler is the newest thing going around today, it's way cool and over the top. Since being a stickler is in right now I have to be a stickler and ask you where is the $1 I charged for the Readers Digest summarization.

You forfeited that when you waxed over the wisdom in my last post in an effort to forward a gag that was best left as a one and done.

Side thought, completely unrelated to this thread...and I ask this with the utmost respect and compassion: Have you ever been diagnosed with any sort of mental disorder?

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
bsfins
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2008, 02:19:21 pm »

I'm sorry after I have to personalize this...Back in the day When I was Boxing...They carried a guy out on a Stretcher after the fight....In the heat of the moment,it was nothing I knocked his ass out...An Hour later in the shower,I was freaked,that guy could die...I killed him...I just wanted to win...not Kill him.

I think Any Human,that's mentally stable will feel that way....

On to the football situation...
Dan Marino Ripped Kurt for throwing the Pass...Something long the lines of..Why get your Reciever Killed in the losing effort,lost cause game,Live to fight another day type thing......bad decision...

I had a QB do this to me in highschool...(not near this bad....The coach yelled at him,then When I got my senses back...I bitched out the QB...

I don't have a problem with Kurt wanting to retire...I don't think it makes him a headacase...
simeon
Uber Member

« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2008, 02:22:47 pm »

You forfeited that when you waxed over the wisdom in my last post in an effort to forward a gag that was best left as a one and done.

Side thought, completely unrelated to this thread...and I ask this with the utmost respect and compassion: Have you ever been diagnosed with any sort of mental disorder?

I guess logic would reveal carrying on a conversation with you would constitute a mental disorder

John 3:16  For God so loved the world that he sent his only begotten son, and whom ever shall believe in Him shall not die but have everlasting life.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2008, 02:26:43 pm »

I guess logic would reveal carrying on a conversation with you would constitute a mental disorder

Don't strain yourself with the big words and convoluted logic processes... I already knew the answer was "yes." Wink

~ Micah Leggat
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2008, 03:27:49 pm »

Ok Maine just to make you a happy camper. Kurt Warner has lead the down and out Rams to two Superbowl appearances including a win. So I will be a stickler also, because Kurt cares about his team mates it does not make him a head case.

For all you know, Warner is the biggest ass this side of the Mississippi.

Actually it would be THAT side, as he's in Arizona, but that's not the point.

The point is that his number of SB wins is a fact.  Your subjective opinion of the guy is just that...an opinion.

That's all.  Back to your bickering.

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
run_to_win
Uber Member
Uber Member

« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2008, 03:38:44 pm »

I will defend Kurt Warner because he is an outstanding .... born again Christian
Readers Digest summarization provided at no charge... Wink

Seems like you're implying all these qualities can be summed up by saying " born again Christian".

outstanding QB and
outstanding human being.
led a down and out franchise like the Rams to multiple Super Bowl appearances.
compassion for his fellow man
felt guilty he may have crippled his young receiver
deeply cares about the people around him

If "born again Christian" is synonymous with "multiple Super Bowl appearances" then sign me up to start recruiting at the local church!  Wink

Hypersensitive bullies should not frequent message boards.
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2008, 03:41:35 pm »

^I am a God fearing man.  I didn't have to become "born again" because I never lost my way, faith wise, in the first place.  My faith is part of who I have always been.

I guess I'm screwed if I want to be successful, huh? Maybe if I become "born again" they'll let me and my 89 mph fastball into the bigs...damn you, Kurt Warner!  God doesn't listen to my prayers because of you!

Wink

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2008, 03:56:04 pm »

Readers Digest summarization provided at no charge... Wink

Seems like you're implying all these qualities can be summed up by saying " born again Christian"...

Nice ramble...but wow, you couldn't possibly have been more wrong on my point. That happens a lot when you jump with both feet into a conversation without taking a minute to grasp what the conversation was about.

The point I was making was that all the other stuff was extraneous...Simeon "was defending Kurt Warner" (this was the term he used that I summarized for) because Kurt is a born again Christian.

Not because he is a good QB...
Not because he won a Super Bowl...
Not because he has the tolerance of a saint to deal with that hideous transvestite-looking thing he calls his wife...
Not because he used to put groceries in paper bags with sincere care and tenderness...

...because he is a Christian.

~ Micah Leggat
run_to_win
Uber Member
Uber Member

« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2008, 04:34:30 pm »

The point I was making...

Com'on 'stroke.  We didn't join the site yesterday.  You stopped making points long and have since reduced yourself to smartass irreverent comments that are, occasionally, almost relevant.

If you want me you can find me hiding under my desk trembling in fear knowing full well that my insubordination will cause you to fire off yet another condescending zinger. 

Hypersensitive bullies should not frequent message boards.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2008, 04:38:11 pm »

Not that I give two shits about Kurt Warner and his husband....guess he's talking about retirement after the season is over.

http://www.azcardinals.com/news/detail.php?PRKey=2604

Warner Contemplates The Future
Boldin injury, family concerns make QB consider retirement
By DARREN URBAN

Thanks to the emotional ups and downs of the game, quarterback Kurt Warner acknowledges he may give retirement more of a thought after the season.

As Kurt Warner was quizzed more and more about his thoughts about retirement Monday, the Cardinals’ quarterback began to understand the direction of the interview.

So he made one thing clear: Retirement is something he’ll think about at the end of the season – no surprise given where he is in his career and his age (37). But it isn’t something he thinks about every day, and it isn’t a big deal.

More important to Warner is the emotional roller-coaster he is on each week, a ride crystallized over the most recent seven days.

In New York, Warner was devastated by the injury to teammate Anquan Boldin, enough so to text his wife Brenda to tell her it was time to retire. There was family to consider in light of injuries Warner could suffer any given week, and Warner said his wife has wanted him to retire for a couple years now.

Seven days later, Warner was dissecting the Buffalo Bills in a 41-17 win, and his coaster was headed up again.

“The bottom line is it is a great game, it has done great things for me and my family, but I want to walk away and be everything I can be for my family,” Warner said the day after the Bills' win. “Those situations (like Boldin) make you contemplate that.

“Is it worth it sometimes?”

It’s not just injuries that weigh on Warner’s mind. The mental stress has also tugged on the veteran. He said the expectations of him to perform at the same high level that he did during his big years in St. Louis “wears on you.”

The result is, after a good game, it’s more of a sigh of relief rather than jubilation.

“Sometimes you’re not allowed to have a bad game,” Warner said. “That’s a lot of pressure week in and week out. … Some of it is the situations I have been in the last four or five years, where (the organization is) always looking to replace me anyway.”

Warner emphasized none of these thoughts creep in during games. It’s only the rest of the week, no surprise given his 11 years in the NFL. It’s not like Warner hasn’t talked retirement before. During the 2006 season, Warner revealed to NFL writer and friend Michael Silver – who also broke the news of the most recent text message – he thought about quitting after Matt Leinart had beaten him out for the Cardinals’ starting job.

With Warner’s contract set to expire after the season and no extension on the table – Warner and his family would rather not move from Arizona – Warner acknowledged he will think about retirement after this season “moreso than other years.”

“I am really keeping this thing in perspective going forward,” he said, adding that he didn’t think he’d be “horribly saddened” once he retired.

That’s after watching Boldin’s saga play out. With seven children, Warner sees much further than the end of the season. He’s nursing a bad finger on his throwing hand and has some stitches in his chin after a bloody blow Sunday.

He can obviously still play, however. His passer rating of 100.2 is fifth in the NFL, his 1,472 yards is second to Denver’s Jay Cutler heading into Monday night, and he is one of five quarterbacks with at least 10 touchdown passes.

“Kurt’s intelligence and experience that he has are incomparable,” fullback Terrelle Smith said.

Warner was feeling good after shredding the Bills, so much so that Brenda came up to him afterward and said “You’re never going to retire, are you?”

“Games like that,” Warner said, “make you want to play forever.”
Tepop84
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2008, 04:40:28 pm »

I thought kurt warner was an ok guy until after his first superbowl he started to thank jesus for everything.  What a wackjob.
StL FinFan
Uber Member

Weaseldoc_13
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2008, 10:15:17 am »

I will defend Kurt Warner because he is an out standing QB and human being. I have looked up to Kurt as a great role model, a man who came from the Arena league to lead a down and out franchise like the Rams to multiple superbowl wins. Now forgive me on this part but it does need to be addressed. Kurt is a born again Christian and has compassion for his fellow man, he felt guilty he may have crippled his young receiver, I admire a man who deeply cares about the people around him. Sorry please don't think I am trying to turn this into a religious debate, I just wanted to address it and move on.

I second that.  The Warners were very active in the community when they lived here.  Kurt would frequently be out in public and would always stop and talk to fans.  They still come  back every now and again to participate in charity events.

I just have to correct 2 things.  The Rams were not a down and out franchise, they were up and coming and there was a lot of excitement over the eventual SB team even before Trent Green got injured and Warner stepped in.  Secondly, they only won one Superbowl, but played in two.

Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in his error.
Marcus Tullius Cicero
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray