Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:59:13 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  This guy is such a headcase (Warner)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: This guy is such a headcase (Warner)  (Read 42123 times)
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2008, 10:52:53 am »

I guess if you have enough money for Doctors, surgery, and Pro airbrushed photography you can shine any turd now a days

Funny joke I read recently:

"I was talking to my friend from New York yesterday, and I used the expression, 'You can't polish a turd'. He looked at me, disgusted, and said, 'No, you can't, but you can roll it in glitter'. He's a lovely guy but I wouldn't want to go to a craft fair with him" – Steve Williams

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/theatre/features/the-50-best-jokes-from-the-edinburgh-fringe-898042.html
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2008, 10:56:54 am »

Com'on 'stroke.  We didn't join the site yesterday.  You stopped making points long and have since reduced yourself to smartass irreverent comments that are, occasionally, almost relevant.

If you want me you can find me hiding under my desk trembling in fear knowing full well that my insubordination will cause you to fire off yet another condescending zinger.

I make lots of points...and most of them you just blow past because they are either unflattering to you or are opposed to your own viewpoint. Save your political doublespeak for the clones...

For what it's worth though, I launch zingers at "maybe" 1-2% of the board's members...and I try to select worthy targets every time. Usually targets with their head up their ass, so that the possibility of a fatal shot is minimized.

Now...surely there's an off topic social thread somewhere that's just waiting for your special brand of enlightenment.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
landlocked
« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2008, 01:56:18 pm »

I'd say that I have to admire a guy like Warner because of his story;stocking shelves at the local market hoping to get a shot to play anywhere,then playing well enough in the arena league to get his shot at the bigs,ultimately ending up a super bowl winner......great story.I also think dude met and fell in love with his wife when he was down,and didn't bail on her when he got to the top(and coulda had any number of gold-digging super modelesque tramps) she may not be the hottest thing out there,but she was there at his side from day one.Corny as that sounds,it means alot in today's world.As for his faith....his business.I am a man of deep faith in God and if someone wants me to share this,fine....if not,also fine.As for Kurt Warner the NFL QB,I think it may be time to hang 'em up.
Defense54
Uber Member

« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2008, 03:09:50 pm »

I'd say that I have to admire a guy like Warner because of his story;stocking shelves at the local market hoping to get a shot to play anywhere,then playing well enough in the arena league to get his shot at the bigs,ultimately ending up a super bowl winner......great story.I also think dude met and fell in love with his wife when he was down,and didn't bail on her when he got to the top(and coulda had any number of gold-digging super modelesque tramps) she may not be the hottest thing out there,but she was there at his side from day one.Corny as that sounds,it means alot in today's world.As for his faith....his business.I am a man of deep faith in God and if someone wants me to share this,fine....if not,also fine.As for Kurt Warner the NFL QB,I think it may be time to hang 'em up.

thats all well and good, But I remember her quotes in the papers after his rise to fame. I can rember thinking......why the hell are you even speaking?I can't remember 1 single other famous QB wife we needed to hear from. And she did this with a really tacky dead animal hanging around her neck.....

fyo
Uber Member

« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2008, 05:26:59 pm »

As for Kurt Warner the NFL QB,I think it may be time to hang 'em up.

Yeah, that 102.5 passer rating he's sporting this year really sucks Wink
Tepop84
« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2008, 09:13:44 pm »

Yeah, that 102.5 passer rating he's sporting this year really sucks Wink

Fortunately for him passer rating doesn't take into account sacks and fumbles.  But, he is still doing well this year.
fyo
Uber Member

« Reply #36 on: October 09, 2008, 02:28:15 am »

Fortunately for him passer rating doesn't take into account sacks and fumbles.  But, he is still doing well this year.

Except for the Jets game, he's had exactly 0 fumbles... which is actually surprising considering his usual tendency to cough up the ball at the slightest touch. A friend of mine, a Cardinals fan, insists that Warner is holding the ball differently (with both hands, even) this year, but that he had an injured finger in the Jets game, preventing him from grasping the ball properly. I don't, though, it seems weird if Warner suddenly figured out "hey, you know, if I HOLD ON to the friggin ball, it's not gonna pop out!".
StL FinFan
Uber Member

Weaseldoc_13
« Reply #37 on: October 09, 2008, 08:01:52 pm »

He's been wearing some kind of gloves, but I don't know if that is new this season or if he wore them before.

Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in his error.
Marcus Tullius Cicero
run_to_win
Uber Member
Uber Member

« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2008, 05:09:15 am »

The Rams were not a down and out franchise, they were up and coming and there was a lot of excitement over the eventual SB team even before Trent Green got injured and Warner stepped in.
I don't remember the preseason hype but it sure looks like they were destined for a 3-13 season in 1999.

'95 7-9 Rich Brooks
'96 6-10
'97 5-11 Dick Vermeil
'98 4-12
'99 13-3

On the other hand, '99 was Trent Green and Marshall Faulk's first season with the Rams.   

Hypersensitive bullies should not frequent message boards.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray