Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:06:35 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Another Bengal suspended...surprise, surprise
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Another Bengal suspended...surprise, surprise  (Read 2592 times)
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« on: October 07, 2008, 04:42:42 pm »

They should change the name to the Cincinnati Pieces of Shit

http://blogs.nfl.com/2008/10/07/nfl-suspends-bengals-lb-blackstock/

« RB Watson rejoins Bengals
News
NFL suspends Bengals LB Blackstock

Posted: News | NFL.com Staff | Tags: Cincinnati Bengals, Darryl Blackstock

The NFL notified the Bengals on Tuesday that LB Darryl Blackstock will be suspended for the next four games for violating league policy on performance-enhancing substances.

Blackstock, a fourth-year NFL player, has played in all five of the Bengals’ games, recording three tackles on defense and one on special teams. He will not be allowed to attend meetings, practice or play for the period of Games 6-9. He will be eligible to return to team activities on Nov. 10, the Monday before Game 10 on Nov. 16 vs. Philadelphia.

“I’ve apologized to my coaches and teammates for an unfortunate mistake,” Blackstock said. “I did not intentionally violate the policy, but I know it’s my responsibility to use only approved nutritional supplements, and I didn’t realize I was taking an over-the-counter product that included a banned substance. I also want to apologize to our fans, and I’ll do everything I can to be ready to come back strong next month.”

Blackstock signed with the Bengals as a free agent this past offseason after spending his first three NFL seasons with the Arizona Cardinals.
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2008, 04:47:50 pm »

Hey, go easy on him.  Sammy Morris got suspended for the same amount of time for taking a cold medicine that my 10 year old son can walk into a drugstore and buy.  It's amazing how all these different over-the-counter things can cause someone to get suspended.

At least he didn't get arrested. 
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2008, 04:49:46 pm »

Maybe so Tommy, but this happens all to often to the Bengals
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2008, 04:50:29 pm »

Maybe so Tommy, but this happens all to often to the Bengals

I don't recall any Bengals using performance enhancing drugs.  I do recall a bunch of them getting arrested. 
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2008, 04:52:11 pm »

It all falls under the same category in my opinion...use banned substances, get suspended...get arrested, get suspended
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2008, 04:54:05 pm »

It all falls under the same category in my opinion...use banned substances, get suspended...get arrested, get suspended

Sorry dude.  This guy has not gotten into any legal trouble.  He made a mistake that a lot of athletes make, and is paying his penalty.  Plain and simple. 
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2008, 05:03:45 pm »

Eh agree to disagree then...getting arrested is a little worse, but if I were in the NFL and making the kind of scratch he makes, I don't think I'd make that kind of "mistake"...this sort of thing pisses me off because people give them free passes...take Rodney Harrison for instance...the steroid thing with him was a little worse, but he did his suspension and no one said a thing afterward...Just chalk up substance abuse to the Bengals record of suspensions....Now if someone on that team pulls a Ray Caruth then they'll have the hat trick
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2008, 05:05:31 pm »

Eh agree to disagree then...getting arrested is a little worse, but if I were in the NFL and making the kind of scratch he makes, I don't think I'd make that kind of "mistake"...this sort of thing pisses me off because people give them free passes...take Rodney Harrison for instance...the steroid thing with him was a little worse, but he did his suspension and no one said a thing afterward...Just chalk up substance abuse to the Bengals record of suspensions....Now if someone on that team pulls a Ray Caruth then they'll have the hat trick

So did Shawne Merriman and a bunch of other athletes.  The steroid thing with Rodney Harrison was bad, but that's probably because he took steroids with the intention of gaining an edge.  Guys like Blackstock and Sammy Morris did no such thing. 
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2008, 05:10:45 pm »

Ok maybe I'm being a little too hard on him...but he's a professional athlete...he should know better and know what he's putting into his body...Morris should have too....Merriman goes into the same category as Harrison...Merriman is extremely talented and one of the best in the league, but I can't stand the guy because of the steroid use...I think of that as cheating.

[sidenote]
every time I think of Merriman, I think of Maurice Jones-Drew knocking him on his ass...still cracks me up!
[/sidenote]
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2008, 05:12:40 pm »

Ok maybe I'm being a little too hard on him...but he's a professional athlete...he should know better and know what he's putting into his body...Morris should have too....Merriman goes into the same category as Harrison...Merriman is extremely talented and one of the best in the league, but I can't stand the guy because of the steroid use...I think of that as cheating.

I agree, the Merriman situation is just as bad as Rodney Harrison.  Morris, and Blackstock, on the other hand are just guilty of being careless.  They paid the price for it....... sorta like a cop giving you a speeding ticket.   

[sidenote]
every time I think of Merriman, I think of Maurice Jones-Drew knocking him on his ass...still cracks me up!
[/sidenote]

LMFAO!!!!  That cracks me up too because MoJo Drew is a little guy. 
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2008, 04:19:17 pm »

It sucks when your team is such a bunch of thugs that they bring down the reputation of even the good players.  I really think that they need a house cleaning there.  Their environment is toxic.

I drink your milkshake!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray