Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2026, 06:48:25 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Predict the loss - Dow expected to have record fall
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Predict the loss - Dow expected to have record fall  (Read 8430 times)
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 28299

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« on: October 24, 2008, 09:49:20 am »

The NYSE is expected to have a record bad day today based on futures markets and international markets' overnight performance.

Now's your chance to get in on the fun!

Predict how much you think the market will fall today!  We're talking Dow Jones here, so vote smart.

I'll put my vote in at -850.
Logged
Brians Stalker
Senior Member
****
Posts: 436


« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2008, 09:51:38 am »

I vote -1500
Logged
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 28299

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2008, 09:53:49 am »

in 23 minutes after market open its already down 359.  I might have to adjust my prediction.
Logged
SportsChick
YJFF Member
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 3174



« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2008, 10:30:27 am »

more than 1100 and they'll suspend trading....

I say -978
Logged

I'm the girl that makes men jealous of my husband

I hate Red Sox and Patriots bandwagon fans. They give the rest of us a bad name
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 31362

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2008, 10:53:22 am »

I say minus 459.
Logged

I drink your milkshake!
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 11671

MaineDolFan
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2008, 10:55:06 am »

I say around 500 overall.  People will start bargain hunting after an initial drop.
Logged

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
Defense54
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 4406



« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2008, 10:56:19 am »

I've never wanted to be so wrong in my life................

-900 .   Undecided Cry


Hopefully this will be the rock bottom.  Indifferent
Logged

JVides
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 2915



« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2008, 11:47:59 am »

-675. 
Logged

"under wandering stars I've grown
by myself but not alone
I ask no one"
Metallica, "Wherever I may Roam"
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 15219



« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2008, 11:48:51 am »

Late day bounce starting around 2 pm +45.

Go team!
Logged

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Defense54
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 4406



« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2008, 12:36:22 pm »

Late day bounce starting around 2 pm +45.

Go team!

See! A Dolphins fan and a Pats fan CAN Root together!!  Grin
Logged

YoFuggedaboutit
Guest
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2008, 01:08:00 pm »

1000
Logged
fyo
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 7563


4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium


« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2008, 02:03:20 pm »

See! A Dolphins fan and a Pats fan CAN Root together!!  Grin

But only if they're both Real Pro-America Americans.
Logged
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 28299

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2008, 02:04:12 pm »

its 2 PM and the Dow is down 427 so far. 

Let's see if we can get a late-day push to close under 8G's!
Logged
fyo
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 7563


4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium


« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2008, 02:08:21 pm »

its 2 PM and the Dow is down 427 so far. 

Let's see if we can get a late-day push to close under 8G's!

Hrrrmmm..... You don't sound like a Real Pro-America American... I think we might need to call Bachman on you.
Logged
YoFuggedaboutit
Guest
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2008, 02:18:04 pm »

its 2 PM and the Dow is down 427 so far. 

Let's see if we can get a late-day push to close under 8G's!

Only 427??  Not as bad a fall as we thought.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray


Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines