Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 03:17:43 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Ronnie brown
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12 Print
Author Topic: Ronnie brown  (Read 49055 times)
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2008, 01:49:43 pm »

i really wish Tepop84 was in charge of the Dolphins.  Maybe we will be lucky and he will get cut before the November 23.  Seriously, cut him.  The sooner the better, but absolutely before 11/23.   

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2008, 02:20:21 pm »

i really wish Tepop84 was in charge of the Dolphins.  Maybe we will be lucky and he will get cut before the November 23.  Seriously, cut him.  The sooner the better, but absolutely before 11/23.

Too damned funny...and the Patsies aren't getting Ronnie. Wink

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2008, 02:37:27 pm »

Too damned funny...and the Patsies aren't getting Ronnie. Wink

Wasn't necessarily saying he the Patriots were going to get him.  Although we could use him, no way he would make it thru the waivers long enough for us to pick him up.  I just don't want him in a Dolphins uniform for the second match up. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
ethurst2

Email
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2008, 03:41:48 pm »

Think you might mean Brian Westbrook there... Michael Westbrook was a WR for the 'Skins a little while back.

I don't have any problem with Ronnie Brown at all. I watch a helluva lot of football, much to the detriment of most of my other social life, and I see Ronnie fighting through first tacklers as consistently and as aggressively as any RB in the game. Ronnie has all the skill and all the heart he needs to be a top-5 RB in the NFL, imo, but he needs more consistent play from his O-line, and he needs to have WR weapons on the outside that can scare teams out of stuffing the box on him almost every play.

Thanks for the correction...I meant Brian not Michael. I've got to stop playing that damn gangsta rap while posting.
Tepop84
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2008, 03:58:23 pm »

Wasn't necessarily saying he the Patriots were going to get him.  Although we could use him, no way he would make it thru the waivers long enough for us to pick him up.  I just don't want him in a Dolphins uniform for the second match up. 

Not really going to matter against the Patriots run defense.  Ricky had close to 100 yards rushing and didn't benefit from the Wildcat like Ronnie did.  Obviously it would be stupid to cut him, but it is equally as stupid to call him the team mvp when he isn't that good. 
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2008, 12:48:18 am »

He might not be team MVP, but he is very good.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2008, 06:39:48 am »

He might not be team MVP, but he is very good.

Agreed.  Ronnie Brown is a very good back.  Unfortunately, being drafted #2 overall, everyone expected him to be a great back.  He was well on his way there last season until that knee injury. 

Both him and Cadillac Williams spilt time at Auburn so much that they never knew what it was like to carry a full load.  Now they're both proving to be injury prone. 
ethurst2

Email
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2008, 05:02:06 pm »

Agreed.  Ronnie Brown is a very good back.  Unfortunately, being drafted #2 overall, everyone expected him to be a great back.  He was well on his way there last season until that knee injury. 

Both him and Cadillac Williams spilt time at Auburn so much that they never knew what it was like to carry a full load.  Now they're both proving to be injury prone. 

Hey Tommy,

Don't you think that if Ricky Williams wasn't with the team that Ronnie would really be tearing it up? The problem that I see is that Sparano is trying to find ways to get the max out of Ricky and Ronnie. Ricky's got a delicate psyche and wants carries too.
DolFan619
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2008, 06:45:46 pm »

If you go back and look at the Top 10 picks in that 2005 class, probably the only two that have lived up to their status has been Ronnie, and Braylon Edwards in Cleveland.  While Ronnie may not have been a number two overall pick in other draft classes, he's certainly been the best of what looks like a very weak draft class.  Ronnie has been a good player for the Dolphins, and sometimes it seems he's underappreciated.  For a guy that's a year removed from tearing his ACL, he's having a pretty good year.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2008, 06:53:29 pm »

^ Agreed 100%.

Thanks for the correction...I meant Brian not Michael.

My buddy is a hardcore Eagles fan (and probably the only cool one I've ever met) and I always mix the two up when talking to him.
ethurst2

Email
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2008, 10:53:30 pm »

Besides Brian Westbrook, I still say that Ronnie Brown is the most complete back in the NFL.  Tomlinson has almost 9 years of wear and tear on his body so he's starting to hit the decline and plus, he doesn't have his fullback Lorenzo Neal who the Chargers thought was expendable.

Put Ronnie in the following offenses full time and I guarantee you the records would be different

New England
Dallas
Seattle
Denver
Houston

The Dolphins were three plays away from being a modest 5-2. Not a strong 5-2 but a modest 5 and 2. In three of the four losses, the Dolphins went away from Brown.

As far as Dolphin running backs, I've seen Csonka, Kiick, Morris, Tony Nathan and all others but the Dolphins have never had a running back with ALL the tools like Ronnie Brown. Ricky doesn't have the pass catching skills going down the field catching the ball like Brown does.

If I can think of one past Dolphins back that's in Browns' situation it would have to be Mercury Morris. People talk *&^& about Morris but he's in an exclusive club along with Barry Sanders, Jim Brown and I think Eric Dickerson as being the only backs to average over 5.0 yards a carry every time they touched the ball But Morris also had to share time with Kiick and Csonka. Once Kiick and Csonka left in 75, Morris easily went over 1,000 yards and that was playing with a broken neck all year.

Tepop84
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2008, 07:48:39 pm »

Ronnie Brown with another super solid game.  20 carries for 59 yards against the worst run D in the nfl.   RONNIE BROWN FOR MVP.   Top 3 back in the NFL IMO. 
Defense54
Uber Member

« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2008, 08:01:24 pm »

Any RB is only as good as his O Line.  Ronnie Is a damn fine back. You need to get a grip.

bsmooth
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2008, 01:40:01 am »

Any RB is only as good as his O Line.  Ronnie Is a damn fine back. You need to get a grip.

He is trolling his own team. He is all over a guy coming off an ACL repair, during a rebuilding season, one year removed from being the top rb in the league yards wise before the injury, yet he is garbage.
DolFan619
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2008, 01:17:11 pm »

Ronnie Brown with another super solid game.  20 carries for 59 yards against the worst run D in the nfl.   RONNIE BROWN FOR MVP.   Top 3 back in the NFL IMO. 

Excuse me?  But can you tell me who ran it into the endzone for a TD the other day when the team needed a score to close out the game?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray