Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:30:52 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Other Sports Talk (Moderator: MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  MLB hot stove/ Free agency
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 22 Print
Author Topic: MLB hot stove/ Free agency  (Read 98834 times)
StL FinFan
Uber Member

Weaseldoc_13
« Reply #75 on: December 09, 2008, 11:42:15 am »

I read this morning that CC wants to play in SoCal, preferably for the Dodgers.

Modified to add: The Cardinals apparently want Mike Gonzalez in a trade for Ankiel.  I would be happy to see this trade, but I doubt the Braves will pull the trigger on that one.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 11:46:55 am by StL FinFan » Logged

Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in his error.
Marcus Tullius Cicero
bsfins
« Reply #76 on: December 09, 2008, 11:54:33 am »

I have to admit I Thought this trade rumor was intresting...
http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/extras/extra_bases/2008/12/and_another_thi.html
Francoeur for Greinke

I'm reading Lot's of rumors the Cubs,Padres pretty much have a deal..Some involve the Phillies,getting Derosa.The Cubs Trading Pie,to Baltimore for G. Olsen to flip in the Peavy Deal... Undecided

The Cubs are insisting that we need to pick up a bat,and Move Jason Marquis (some reports have Marquis as part of the Peavy deal) Before the Cubs Pull the Peavy Deal...

I'm thinking If the Cubs get Peavy,it may mean Bull pen action for Dempster again....
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #77 on: December 09, 2008, 12:19:43 pm »

if boston signs my namesake i would love a boston jersey with his/my name on it !

that would rule
bsfins
« Reply #78 on: December 09, 2008, 02:21:52 pm »

Indians Appear to be close to a deal with Kerry Wood according to MLB.com
http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20081209&content_id=3708244&vkey=news_cle&fext=.jsp&c_id=cle&partnerId=rss_cle

2 year deal,with a possible option year..I'm curious to see the cash....
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #79 on: December 09, 2008, 02:22:58 pm »

if boston signs my namesake i would love a boston jersey with his/my name on it !

that would rule

I wish John Maine would get sent to the Sox for that reason...

Wink

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #80 on: December 09, 2008, 02:34:02 pm »

I read this morning that CC wants to play in SoCal, preferably for the Dodgers.

Modified to add: The Cardinals apparently want Mike Gonzalez in a trade for Ankiel.  I would be happy to see this trade, but I doubt the Braves will pull the trigger on that one.

If CC wanted to play for the Yankees, he would've signed by now. He wants a California team, but at an offer close to what the Yankees are offering, and that hasn't happened yet.

I would hate for the Yankees to get Burnett, but if they signed Derek Lowe or Ben Sheets to a 2 year deal as well as Pettitte to a 1 year, they would have more leverage and pretty much tell CC to take it or leave it. I don't think Sabathia is better than Johan, but it's hard to argue with 2 Cy Youngs in a row(he didn't win it this year, but he had a better season than the NL guys who did).
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #81 on: December 09, 2008, 05:15:33 pm »

The San Jose Mercury News passes along a rumor that CC Sabathia has declined the Yankees' six-year, $140 million offer.
Apparently, the rumor is spreading fast, and the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel has also picked up on it. An executive close to the CC Sabathia talks told the Andrew Baggerly of the Mercury News that the Brewers are emerging as the frontrunners for Sabathia. Dec. 9 - 4:50 pm et
Source: San Jose Mercury News

If true, it's obvious he hates NY and needs a more relaxed environment. Can't really blame the guy. He turned down the richest pitching contract in history to be happy.
DolFan619
« Reply #82 on: December 09, 2008, 05:23:52 pm »

I'm glad CC told the Yankees to go fuck themselves.  It's good too see that it's not always about the money, and pretty much dispell the myth that "everyone wants to play for the Yankees."  Kudos to you, CC Sabathia.
bsfins
« Reply #83 on: December 09, 2008, 05:44:03 pm »

Unfortunately, Ken rosenthal of foxsports says it's not True that C.C. Declined the yanks offer yet....I hope CC does reject the Yankees...
http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/8916168/LIVE:-Tuesday-updates-from-winter-meetings

The Reds have Traded Ryan Freel, for Ramon Hernandez,prospects Brandon Waring and Justin Turner and will send $1MM to the Reds.
http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20081209&content_id=3708460&vkey=news_cin&fext=.jsp&c_id=cin
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #84 on: December 09, 2008, 06:04:38 pm »

I really like Ryan Freel...that dude goes balls to the wall on every single play. Unfortunately, that style of play has led to some injuries the past few years. Hopefully he can stay healthy in Baltimore.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #85 on: December 09, 2008, 06:22:01 pm »

Yeah, I doubt the rumor is true either. It shocked me at first, but now I realize it is false. What sense does it make to tell your highest bidder that you won't sign with them with no other similar offers in place?

I can honestly believe he WILL reject the Yankees, but he will let them think they still have a chance to drive up other offers.

I won't kill myself if they miss out on CC, but I will kill myself if they sign Burnett in his place. AJ was below average last year when not facing the Yankees, something he will not be doing if he wears pinstripes. Ooh, he struck out a lot of people! Great, too bad he also gave up a lot of runs. Strikeouts are just fancy outs, they don't disqualify homeruns and doubles given up.
bsfins
« Reply #86 on: December 09, 2008, 06:26:03 pm »

According to SI.com,The Yankees are talking to Scott Boras about Derek Lowe 4 year 65 million dollar deal...
http://www.fannation.com/si_blogs/hot_stove/posts/30781-yankees-may-consider-fifth-year-for-burnett
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #87 on: December 09, 2008, 11:20:38 pm »

Unfortunately, that is the going rate for pitching nowadays. I like Lowe, though I feel if he pitched in the AL East with the Yankees defense, he would have an ERA+ of around 110 and go 200 IP, which is valuable, just not ace worthy.

Still:

Sabathia
Wang
Lowe
Joba
Pettitte/Sheets/AAA Guy

That's pretty solid and a vast improvement over last year. They still need offensive help, but that would be one of the top rotations in the majors.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #88 on: December 10, 2008, 12:28:37 am »

The Yankees may have had a breakthrough with CC Sabathia prior to GM Brian Cashman flying out to see the left-hander on Tuesday.
"From (Tuesday) morning until (Tuesday) night, things are looking a lot more positive in terms of us signing this guy," a Yankees official told the Star-Ledger. "If you'd asked me at 11 a.m. (Tuesday) morning, I'd have told you no way. But right now, we have a real shot." There is no indication that the Yankees have raised their offer, but it's possible the two sides are working on an opt-out clause that would allow Sabathia to leave after two or three years if he doesn't like New York.
Source: Newark Star-Ledger

An opt-out clause would really be something. He wouldn't use it to make more money, because the Yankees offer was already the highest. Then again, that's EXACTLY what A-Rod did because the Steinbrenners are idiots.

NY is a culture shock and Randy Johnson didn't handle it particularly well, so there is legit concern, but Mussina retired and they have assloads of cash from the new stadium. They have to make this move happen.
bsfins
« Reply #89 on: December 10, 2008, 09:18:51 am »

Piece of shit Sabbatia is all talk no action, John Heyman of SI.com is saying Sabbathia is signing with the Yankees,No Kudos,or Dog Biscuit for you Mr Sabatthia.,..I hope your arm falls off....

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/jon_heyman/12/10/sabathia.yanks/index.html

Ahh F- it,a lot of people are saying it now..Ken Rosenthal
http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/8921184/Sabathia-ends-suspense,-agrees-to-deal-with-Yankees

7 year 160 million

Also, I missed this yesterday (sorting through all the Jake Peavy B.S.)..

The Dodgers Signed Casey Blake and Mark Loretta yesterday,I had to add that for our Favorite Dodger Fan,AZ....
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3756550

John Heyman just talking on Dan patrick radio,that He think the Yankees will stil sign Derek lowe,or Burnett (probably Lowe),and then Go get one more pitcher,probably Ben Sheets....
« Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 09:36:20 am by Lil B » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 22 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray